Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee United - Aberdeen (Tonight 7.45PM)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get rid in the summer. Plenty keepers out there that are equaly as adequte without being prone to bottling it every time they face the Arabs. ::)

He's still not recovered from getting chips thrown at him during the cup semi at Tyncastle.  No wonder he bottles it in big games when he can't even cope with a game at Tanna-fucking-dice.

He saved us last week but he can't continue to throw the ball in the net every time he heads to Juteville

He's still not recovered from getting chips thrown at him during the cup semi at Tyncastle.  No wonder he bottles it in big games when he can't even cope with a game at Tanna-fucking-dice.

He saved us last week but he can't continue to throw the ball in the net every time he heads to Juteville

First part of the game he was taking pass backs a lot, getting good distance on his kicks.

Let's that shot in and fuck me.... nothing goes back to him after that. Even his team mates know he's a bottler and that in itself puts us under pressure. 

He's not good enough, the drop in the second half was never threatening just utterly embarrassing. He should have been binned years ago.  I was going to say he's a good shot stopper, but he's clearly not.  How he has lasted at our club is a fucking mystery.

First goal was a definite foul on Hartley; albeit he didn't seem to protest?!

Second goal was definite Clangers fuck up, and he was a total nervous wreck after that, fuelled by arabs singing one Jamie Langfield  :hammer:

Our goal by Josh had me optimistic for about 5 mins before we resorted to being very disjointed again.

Their third - well taken goal.

Bottom line was we didn't deserve to win the game  >:(

I still say there are other area's of the team that need work before we think about replacing langfield.

He has saved us on a number of occasions this and previous seasons. Ok when he makes a howler it is a huge one, but there are other players making mistakes that are just as bad but because they are not the last line of defence they are not put in the spotlight.

I don't think Jamie is any worse than most of the other SPL keepers outside the old firm.

Langfield's time has well and truly gone at Aberdeen, he's fkn useless. It concerns me a lot that Brown and co are trying to keep the spine of this team together, we've fluked a couple of half decent cup runs but we thoroughly deserve to be 3rd bottom of the SPL.  I would personally release every single out of contract player and i'd probably pay to get rid of Derek Young too, total shite.

Disappointed also about the lack of progress from Jack, where the fuck is Pawlett? Injured presumably, again. I fear the worst for Saturday, not even sure why as St Mirren are shite.

I don't think Jamie is any worse than most of the other SPL keepers outside the old firm.

This keeps coming up again and again, it's still not a viable argument. Just because everyone else has shit between the sticks, we should too? He's fucking mince. Can AFC afford to have a keeper who bottles it in every game versus the OF and every game at Tannadice?

Anyway, watched the game on ESPN, seemed pretty even up until their first goal, we were playing some decent stuff until we reached the final third, when it generally broke down. Also played OK in the five minutes after Magennis scored. Overall though, a deserved loss.

Would take a draw and replay back at Pittodrie on Saturday. Big game.

Criticism of Langfield is very unfair, imo. Yes, he made a HUGE error last night, and nearly made another one when the ball squirmed through his legs later on. But he's had a lot more good games for us than bad. It's funny that not one of you giving him flak pointed out the fact that he kept four clean sheets ina  row before this game...

Anyway... Thought we were poor overall, and Brown got the tactics wrong initially. Vernon was totally isolated in the first half, and things changed a lot when Brown but a second striker on at half time. McGennis came on and did really well, and he clearly scares the shit out of defenders. We should start with Vernon and Big Josh upfront next time, with McGuire just in behind.

I still say there are other area's of the team that need work before we think about replacing langfield.

He has saved us on a number of occasions this and previous seasons. Ok when he makes a howler it is a huge one, but there are other players making mistakes that are just as bad but because they are not the last line of defence they are not put in the spotlight.I don't think Jamie is any worse than most of the other SPL keepers outside the old firm.

Of course he's saved us on a number of occasions. He's a professional goalkeeper, he will have the basic ability to make saves as every professional goalkeeper has.  The issue is that these fuck ups happen way too often and these are just the obvious flaps.  He gets beaten at his near post far too often, he doesn't shift his feet quickly enough and he has absolutely no command of his area as was shown to horrifying consequences in the most recent cup semi final (one of two semis he's played for us, bottled it in both).

The fact other players are making mistakes is irrelevant to this issue. He isn't doing his job properly, so he should go. Other players at our club or players at other clubs don't come into it. It was a horrendous mistake last night and it is nowhere near a one off.  His jitters spread right through the back line last night and we can't take that into a big cup game at the weekend but I fear that is exactly what we'll do.

Langfield's time has well and truly gone at Aberdeen, he's fkn useless. It concerns me a lot that Brown and co are trying to keep the spine of this team together, we've fluked a couple of half decent cup runs but we thoroughly deserve to be 3rd bottom of the SPL.  I would personally release every single out of contract player and i'd probably pay to get rid of Derek Young too, total shite.

Disappointed also about the lack of progress from Jack, where the fuck is Pawlett? Injured presumably, again. I fear the worst for Saturday, not even sure why as St Mirren are shite.

Young out of contract as well.

He was weak as fuck at the goal. Didn't get his body behind it and a laughable attempt to catch it pushed the ball into the corner of the net.

Thought it was similar to the one Commons scored against Rangers where the ball span away from McGregor.

I'd be more inclined to have a go at McNamee for the second goal.