Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Nick Blackman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed according to the BBC!!!

Aberdeen have signed Blackburn striker Nick Blackman on loan for the remainder of the season.

The forward spent the first half of the season with Motherwell, scoring 10 goals, and has just agreed a new two-and-a-half year contract at Ewood Park.

The Dons have also signed Robert Milsom until the end of the season, following the midfielder's release from Fulham.

The 24-year-old spent 12 years with the Craven Cottage outfit but made just two first team appearances as a substitute.

Having started his career as a full-back, he can also play on the left of midfield or in a central role.

Milson, who is manager Craig Brown's third signing, was on loan at Finnish side TPS last season and has also had spells at Brentford and Southend.

Speaking to the club website, Brown said: "We are delighted to have signed Rob. He excelled on loan in Finland last season.

"Again, our good relationship with Fulham through the manager Mark Hughes and his relationship with Archie Knox from their time at Manchester United and my friendship with reserve coach Billy McKinlay, has enabled us to make this additional good signing."

Blackman is well known to Brown and his assistant Knox, having played under them at Motherwell before the veteran pair moved to Pittodrie last month.

The news will disappoint new Motherwell boss Stuart McCall, who had thought his club would have first option on the 21-year-old should he be allowed to go on loan in Scotland again.

Paton and Ifil look like certainties to go given the lack of positive commentary coming from Brown. He has made clear statements about guys like Diamond and Maguire so unless we are not able to hold on to them they will not be punted. Foster is the other question, contract not up but we might take money for him if its offered, however, I can't see the offer coming.

It is a boost that Blackman is available for the Scottish Cup!!

He hasn't scored in a while but was on form for Brown at Well so hopefully we can get another 10 goals out of him in the second half of the season!  ;D Would lessen the blow of Maguire leaving in January! But come the summer means needing to get a decent replacement permanently.

Paton and Ifil look like certainties to go given the lack of positive commentary coming from Brown. He has made clear statements about guys like Diamond and Maguire so unless we are not able to hold on to them they will not be punted. Foster is the other question, contract not up but we might take money for him if its offered, however, I can't see the offer coming.

Interesting that Paton not given a chance by Brown either?

It will be a joyous day for me when I see the back of Ifil. Simply not a footballer. Put in some of the worst individual performances I have seen.

Paton - meh. Has some ability but for too for my liking has flattered to deceive occasionally scoring the odd good goal but I have never come out of a game when he has been playing and thought 'holy christ, Paton played well the day'. Most of the time he has looked very very average. Can't see him going on to much bigger things to be honest.

I think Paton's on ok squad player for us at the current leve. I'm a bit surprised Brown hasn't given him a little run out to keep his chin up so wonder if there is some other reason he's not had a chance and Magennis for example has.

If you think about it we might need Paton should Maguire leave in the window - I know its unlikely but Brown is good a keeping everyone happy and I've have expected to see him give Paton a chance from the bench at some point.

I think Paton's on ok squad player for us at the current leve. I'm a bit surprised Brown hasn't given him a little run out to keep his chin up so wonder if there is some other reason he's not had a chance and Magennis for example has.

If you think about it we might need Paton should Maguire leave in the window - I know its unlikely but Brown is good a keeping everyone happy and I've have expected to see him give Paton a chance from the bench at some point.

After posting my comments I did read something that Brown had said recently about liking Paton but as you say, Brown likes to keep all plates spinning.

Paton certainly has an attitude - After we got pumped 3-1  by the Broch pre-season I know for a fact that he did not even have the sense to keep his mouth shut and tried taking the piss out of the Broch players for having to go 'back to work' the following day. 

With a couple of minutes to go, he said to one of the players 'aye mate. back to work tomorrow then eh?'.  The idiot got the response 'Aye, I'll be in and I'll be reading the sports headlines in my break.  You see, this is not my job.  I'm actually good at my job but clearly you are shite at yours'.

Paton certainly has an attitude - After we got pumped 3-1  by the Broch pre-season I know for a fact that he did not even have the sense to keep his mouth shut and tried taking the piss out of the Broch players for having to go 'back to work' the following day. 

With a couple of minutes to go, he said to one of the players 'aye mate. back to work tomorrow then eh?'.  The idiot got the response 'Aye, I'll be in and I'll be reading the sports headlines in my break.  You see, this is not my job.  I'm actually good at my job but clearly you are shite at yours'.

Didn't he also refuse to go to a sponsers thing or a media thing earlier in the season?

• 1 month later...

Wasnt at the game on sat but was at the motherwell game, both the celtic games in glasgow and watched the celtic and dunfermline games at pittodrie on the telly.  In all these i have seen little to suggest that blackman is a worthwhile signing to our side.  I think he has caused the front line to become misjointed with vernon often being punted out wide and does not seem to link up particularily well with the midfield.  obviously there are still a fair few games left but i cant help but think we didnt need him and should have brought in another centre mid or f/b instead.  with vernon, bebo, paton, aluko and maggenis we have 5 players capable of playing in the front line and have young players like megginson and mcrobbie waiting in the wings.