Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pa Broon & Archie - confirmed on 2.5 year deals

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after the past 2 managers we've had, the one thing we can safely say is that talk is cheap. Hopefully Brown is old and wise enough to actually know what he is talking about. Of course he'll be judged by results, but I have already been heartened by his immediate actions. I hope you're both a success with us Brown and Knox!

If anything, I liked his assertion (he said it twice) that he would not openly criticise any of his players. I accept there might be an argument to say that some/many of our players are too protected and should be exposed as wasters. However, if a manager is going to have any chance of building confidence and a spirit around Pittodrie then it is essential that he keeps a professional line and deals with everything internally. I'm not one for demanding that managers come out and tell us everything, I think you have to trust what they are doing and the players need to be managed consistently without public scrutiny. McGhee was all over the place with this issue, sometimes closing ranks and sometimes apportioning blame in a public manner. The players never knew where they were with him.

• 3 weeks later...
"I would love to get a third win for the Aberdeen fans.

"I'd like to thank the Aberdeen fans because I thought that the response from the 1,300 that we had at Hamilton was absolutely fantastic. They encouraged the team and they were actually sucking that ball down into the bottom end goal and I was so pleased that the goal was scored at that end because the fans were all there and they saw it at close quarters and they too celebrated and I have got to admit that Archie and I had a wee celebration on the bench as well.

"I cannot believe the support. I have seen the support when we have played against them while at Motherwell but I cannot believe that here we are in the afternoon and there is an official 1,300 down here. I mean, I've seen Hearts here and Hibs here, when we have been watching games here, and they don't fill that stand the way the Aberdeen fans do. If you win a game and please them then you feel very happy for the support because it is exceptional. They have lost 7 games in a row and we go to Easter Road and it is packed with Aberdeen fans and it is packed here at New Douglas Park with Aberdeen fans."

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20101230/blow-away-those-new-years-day-blues_2212158_2254406

It seems almost every interview Brown does he tries to put the focus on the importance of the fans and is full of praise :thumbsup:

Broon's just a better outfit altogether.  He's got respect for the team and the fans and going by the results so far, it looks like the team has respect for him.  He disnae mouth off to the press, he's got nothing but encouragement for the team and the fans (but he's not deluded).  He thinks before he speaks and what he speaks appears to be sense.  It's amazing what a bit of consistency from the manager does.

:AFC:

"Luis Aragones won Euro 2008 with Spain at the age of 70. I don't think I'm past it."

- Craig Brown

Graham Spiers says that's from The Times tomorrow. Would imagine if that paper's bothering with it then it will be a fairly sizable article to look out for.

This been confirmed yet?

There was a decent one in the Sunday Herald last week.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20101230/blow-away-those-new-years-day-blues_2212158_2254406

It seems almost every interview Brown does he tries to put the focus on the importance of the fans and is full of praise :thumbsup:

Its nice in some respects but then I was at Easter Road and we were nowhere near filling it. So why say we did? Some disagree but the board said that McGhee saved himself with an emotional speech (albeit only for a short time) and in general he always said the right thing, fact is the results were awful. I don't think there's a hidden agenda with Brown to be fair, I am guessing that the board have said to him the fans don't feel close to the club and so forth, needs to be addressed, hence why he tries to praise the fans all the time?