Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

EE: Hartley blasts Aberdeen FC team-mates

mizer

Dons skipper lays down law to players

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

ABERDEEN FC skipper Paul Hartley has read the riot act to his underachieving team-mates in an effort to get their season back on track.

We can also reveal it could be the week before Christmas until Aberdeen FC fans find out who is to succeed Mark McGhee as team manager.

Hartley, along with youth coaches Neil Simpson and Neil Cooper, have taken temporary charge.

And the 33-year-old Scotland international has already made it clear to the other players that there will have to be a change of attitude and increase in effort if they are to haul the club away from the SPL relegation zone.

One of the players, who asked not to be named, confirmed Hartley organised a private meeting with the first team squad, just hours before McGhee, assistant boss Scott Leitch and goalkeeping coach Scott Leitch were sacked.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2037691#ixzz172pws6qJ

Surely what is being said is beneficial to the fans in that we are getting some signals that (a) things were not right with the squad and (b) Hartley is trying to turn it around. I personally feel better for them saying it and don't really care who said it. I find it hard to believe that when a player comes out and tells us that the captain has tried to rally the troops that you can find reason to complain about it. If nothing was being said, there would be moaning about that.

Surely what is being said is beneficial to the fans in that we are getting some signals that (a) things were not right with the squad and (b) Hartley is trying to turn it around. I personally feel better for them saying it and don't really care who said it. I find it hard to believe that when a player comes out and tells us that the captain has tried to rally the troops that you can find reason to complain about it. If nothing was being said, there would be moaning about that.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My thoughts exactly. Positive PR from the bowels of pittodrie (for once) from the interim management team. Ie "we know things are shite, we have removed one problem, so now let's set about the other reason why we are second from bottom-the players."

Wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that it's Hartley who is the un-named player, but officially sanctioned mouthpiece, in this instance. To counter the equally un-named cohort and obviously less senior member of the squad who found out about the departure "on the internet".