Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee GONE

i am happy for the change as we were heading nowhere fast, just slightly pissed as thats another fuckload of money quite possibly wasted in paying off McGhoo(if he was sacked) and compensating An Other team(if the next boss is nicked from another club).

ultimately glad he's away though, a Legend on the playing side, attrocious on the management side!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely this JC chat is just folk putting 2+2 together and getting 5?

They're just throwing names around on Radio Scotland but Sandy Clark and Jim Leighton both saying Jimmy would return if asked.

Other names mentions: Strachan, Stark, Butcher, Brown and now Hughes  >:(

I can understand the call for jimmy to come back but i'm not sure bringing back former managers often works. Furthermore it will likely only serve to further to divide the support and open up old divisions. Having said that I have no idea who to go for, although there is a long list of who I wouldn't want.

From the names mentioned in this thread, there are few I'd want. Any confirmation on whether he's left or been sacked? As good as JC was, as has been alluded by a few others in the thread, things were not going well under him. He had run his course at the club so we need some new imput.

As much as i think Calderwood would be one of the stronger candidates I really don't think he should come back.  There were reasons he was punted and we were looking to go up a level from what he could offer so he wouldnt be the right choice in my eyes.

I was a fan of Calderwood, but go to agree with the above.

We need a new man.  Would take Butcher, Strachan or Curbishley even though we won't get any of those three.

Strachan is a cheque book manager, and not a particularly good one at that.

I would jump at the chance to get Butcher, but very much doubt he would want to leave Inverness for us.

Under normal circumstances, I would balk at the thought of John McGlynn, but I can't see anyone more appealing touching us with a 10 foot pole... so... yeah... him. :(