Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Spanish Fitba

glasgowdon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Luis Rubiales - dodgy sleaze or political correctness gone mad?  Surely there are worse things happening in the world?

These 2 things could be simultaneously true!!

He was out of order, should have apologised and that would have been the end of it!!

28 minutes ago, Goldie03 said:

These 2 things could be simultaneously true!!

He was out of order, should have apologised and that would have been the end of it!!

He did apologise, but it wasn't the end of it. I think the initial reaction was probably justified, the apology good enough. What's happened since is now the thing, it's beyond my fathoming. I guess that making these stories bigger than they actually are is now a financial decision. There is a minority of people who actually care about this individual incident to the extreme level to which it's now being covered, but I expect most don't really care. Then again, there was a story on the BBC yesterday about Elton John being absolutely fine, so fuck knows what makes headlines these days.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

He did apologise, but it wasn't the end of it. I think the initial reaction was probably justified, the apology good enough. What's happened since is now the thing, it's beyond my fathoming. I guess that making these stories bigger than they actually are is now a financial decision. There is a minority of people who actually care about this individual incident to the extreme level to which it's now being covered, but I expect most don't really care. Then again, there was a story on the BBC yesterday about Elton John being absolutely fine, so fuck knows what makes headlines these days.

"I am sorry for those offended," isn't a real apology though. There are undoubtedly massive issues within the Spanish FA and this has probably brought them all to a head.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

Hate to say it but yon lad Bellingham may well turn out to be the guff’s best ever player. Playing incredibly well for Real. 

He was anonymous in the first half. Gavi hardly gave him a kick. Game changed when Modric came on as sub which seemed to give Bellingham the space he needed and he took control. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...