Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stoney,Ā  I think you're as delusional as mcghee seems to be.

Ā 

I thought JC's time was up here. I know there was a lot of moaning done about him, his tombola, the strange tactics, his Big Boydy, wee kenny media pish and his orange tan.

But right now, I'd much rather be moaning like we were when we complained that finishing in the top 6 wasn't that much of an achievement, instead of being seriously concerned that mcghee is going to get this club relegated for the first time ever in its proud history.

Ā 

I'm all for backing the team, and whichever manager we have in place. But for fuck's sake, have a serious look at our situation, results and squad and then come back and say you think that McGhee is doing a great job.

Ā 

Sometimes, no matter how much we want things to happen a certain way, they just don't work out. Bit like me and Evangeline Lilly really.

Ā 

Ā 

Think they are both shite managers but at least one of them was given backing by the board.

Ā 

Evidence of that given the financial figures just released -

Ā 

In 2008 our wage bill was 5.931 - Last year its down to 4.601 that figure includes the money used to terminate tommy wrights contract, you can blame Mcghee all you want but a new manager is going to suffer the exact same fate.

Ā 

Fuck know what our wage bill is like this season but i guarantee its nowhere near last years.

Ā 

Fucking joke

Think they are both shite managers but at least one of them was given backing by the board.

Ā 

Evidence of that given the financial figures just released -

Ā 

In 2008 our wage bill was 5.931 - Last year its down to 4.601 that figure includes the money used to terminate tommy wrights contract, you can blame Mcghee all you want but a new manager is going to suffer the exact same fate.

Ā 

Fuck know what our wage bill is like this season but i guarantee its nowhere near last years.

Ā 

Fucking joke

Ā 

And?

Ā 

As the club have said this week, all the spl has had to cut costs but AFC still have a higher wage budget than most of the spl. Comparing the budget from one year to the next is bordering on retarded. What matters is the budget relative to the competition's budget. In that regard, Mcghee is in the exact same position but doing a far worse job.

what was MM's budget like at Motherwell? (serious question, I've no idea)

I thought one of the main points of bringing him in, was to better develop youth players into the first team, as there were a few promising youngsters in his motherwell team.

Ā 

I know however that this was also a way of the board saying "you're getting buttons for player budget" so MM can hardly say he wasn't warned.

Ā 

besides when you play a youngster who's allegedly a central midfielder, at fullback because you've bumped our only full back to league opposition then you're not really helping to develop the youth are you?!

Ā 

I think we made some decent signings before the season started. I was genuinely optomistic. but regardless of budget etc. you can't say that MM is getting the best of our current crop right now.

the players we have, with 1 or 2 exceptions, should be beating the likes of St Johnstone & St mirren etc. but at the moment, they aren't

Had I been playing football manager, I'd have probably given most of them a free transfer after the celtic game, which would momentarily cheer me up until I realised I had no squad and no money to replace them.Ā  then I'd have quit the game in a huff.

This is reality though, and we can't get rid of the whole team, so we need to find a way of making them perform better and a new management team is looking increasingly the only option.

Ā 

after the ICT game, I don't know if it was a bizarre optimism or early signs of severe apathy, but I was coming round to the fact MM was here to stay and even thought that in 3 months time I'd maybe be reading an "I told you so" thread slating me and others for our "knee-Jerk" thinking as the club climbed the table rapidly. I'd happily take that slating to see us even just in the top 6 now, but it's not looking likely is it?

Ā 

Ā 

And?

Ā 

As the club have said this week, all the spl has had to cut costs but AFC still have a higher wage budget than most of the spl. Comparing the budget from one year to the next is bordering on retarded. What matters is the budget relative to the competition's budget. In that regard, Mcghee is in the exact same position but doing a far worse job.

Ā 

Post evidence of that then you have a fair point, but the club also told us they only lost close to 700k last year which is nowhere near the truth which is in the annual report.

Ā 

Again you will have to post evidence of our wage bill being higher than most - i doubt that considering we took so many players off of our wage bill last season but only signed 8 to replace them.

Ā 

How? If you are making cuts then you have to expect standards to fall! We were shite last year and have made cuts - so whats going to change? The fact that the club billed it as "Reds Revolution"

Ā 

Surely nobody can argue that Mcghee and Calderwood have been given the same backing? The proof is there in black and white for all to see. (Well not everyone as the club still havnt put the figures onlineĀ  ::))

Ā 

This isnt about Mcghee, this about whos coming in next.........What chance have they got. Changes need to be made from top to bottom in the club, until then we are fucked

what was MM's budget like at Motherwell? (serious question, I've no idea)

I thought one of the main points of bringing him in, was to better develop youth players into the first team, as there were a few promising youngsters in his motherwell team.

Ā 

I know however that this was also a way of the board saying "you're getting buttons for player budget" so MM can hardly say he wasn't warned.

Ā 

besides when you play a youngster who's allegedly a central midfielder, at fullback because you've bumped our only full back to league opposition then you're not really helping to develop the youth are you?!

Ā 

I think we made some decent signings before the season started. I was genuinely optomistic. but regardless of budget etc. you can't say that MM is getting the best of our current crop right now.

the players we have, with 1 or 2 exceptions, should be beating the likes of St Johnstone & St mirren etc. but at the moment, they aren't

Had I been playing football manager, I'd have probably given most of them a free transfer after the celtic game, which would momentarily cheer me up until I realised I had no squad and no money to replace them.Ā  then I'd have quit the game in a huff.

This is reality though, and we can't get rid of the whole team, so we need to find a way of making them perform better and a new management team is looking increasingly the only option.

Ā 

after the ICT game, I don't know if it was a bizarre optimism or early signs of severe apathy, but I was coming round to the fact MM was here to stay and even thought that in 3 months time I'd maybe be reading an "I told you so" thread slating me and others for our "knee-Jerk" thinking as the club climbed the table rapidly. I'd happily take that slating to see us even just in the top 6 now, but it's not looking likely is it?

Ā 

Yup you are correct - our most talented youngstars at the start of the season would have had to be - Consi (injured for the best part) Pawlett (see before) Fyvie (injured) Maguire (hugely underperforming) Then we have had to call upon Jack and Robertson who are both out of their depth - there is nobody else.

Ā 

I would say maybes a bit less than what he has just now, but just look at the players they have on their books and who we have here,

Ā 

When Mcghee took over Motherwell they had just finished 10th with only 39 points, his first season they were 3rd with 60 points, (ahead of Calderwood with his massive wage budget) then the season after 5th with 53 points 1 point off 4th. Pretty good if you ask me.

Ā 

Like i said there are lots of problems within the club, Mcghee is one of them - but not the biggest!

Post evidence of that then you have a fair point, but the club also told us they only lost close to 700k last year which is nowhere near the truth which is in the annual report.

Ā 

Again you will have to post evidence of our wage bill being higher than most - i doubt that considering we took so many players off of our wage bill last season but only signed 8 to replace them.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  "The 2009/10 base wage level increased slightly on the previous year and will be in excess of the majority of our competitors.

Ā 

Ā 

How? If you are making cuts then you have to expect standards to fall! We were shite last year and have made cuts - so whats going to change? The fact that the club billed it as "Reds Revolution"

Ā 

Surely nobody can argue that Mcghee and Calderwood have been given the same backing? The proof is there in black and white for all to see. (Well not everyone as the club still havnt put the figures onlineĀ  ::))

Ā 

Ā 

That's the point, the standards of the whole spl have fallen, but our standards have fallen further despite us still offering more wages than most.

Ā 

As for backing - sacked after qualifying for Europe versus supported after setting three new record defeats (record defeat, record european home defeat, record european aggregate defeat)and winning one game in 13. Speaks for itself.

Pawlett and Fyvie is fair enough.

Ā 

but do you really beleive considine is one of the most talented "youngsters" at the club?

or did you just name him because he was injuredĀ  ;)

Ā 

he's 23 and has been playing in the first team for about 5 years!

Ā 

Ok well - take him out if you wish - its only furthering the point that there are very limited talented players at the club

Ā 

That's the point, the standards of the whole spl have fallen, but our standards have fallen further despite us still offering more wages than most.

Ā 

As for backing - sacked after qualifying for Europe versus supported after setting three new record defeats (record defeat, record european home defeat, record european aggregate defeat)and winning one game in 13. Speaks for itself.

Ā 

Like i said - what the club say and what the Facts in the balance sheet state are very differant. I am working with the facts which are we have our lowest wage bill last season since steve paterson worked here, that figure can only be lower again for this season unless hartley is on 20K a week.

Ā 

Are the club backing him? or can they simply not afford to sack him?

Not even snow storms and a referee strike could help stop his team getting beat last weekend.

Ā 

The only reason McGhee did well at Motherwell is because some peer dude drapped deid and as a result the club and team galvanised and secured 3rd place.

Ā 

McGhee hasn't managed to build a team, a squad or a winning mentality in the dressing room at Aberdeen and because of that he's royally fucked it up from start to finish.

Ā 

Perhaps if he'd have shown more then the board would have backed him.

Ā 

I doubt we'll ever know.

Ā 

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

You wouldnt like me as aberdeen boss, half of the untouchables Aluko, Maguire, Langfield, Diamond etc would have been up the road a long time ago :)

Ā 

I maybe thick - but im not cunt so watch your language ;)

Ā 

It's all well and good to say they "would have been up the road a long time ago" but they are the best that Aberdeen can afford.

Ā 

I don't think I've seen any of them play as badly as they are now and that's down to one man.

Ā 

But I'm sure you'd be as shite with them Stoney.Ā  :thumbsup:

lol that is true but langfield and aluko were serial offenders under calderwood so you cant just blame mcghee for that - these are the guys that got Calderwood the dunt.

Ā 

Maybes aye Maybes know - but i would have at least signed a couple of full backs :)Ā  :thumbsup: