Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right lads, he's here, lets get properly prepared for the new season. 7th place is there for the taking!Ā  :thumbsup:

Ā 

And a belter from Reekie...

Ā 

I'm not convinced by McGhee. He's an okay manager, but we don't need an "okay" manager. We need someone who is going sustain JC's good work of keeping us in the top 4, but rebuild our cup ambitions.

Ā 

I very much doubt McGhee would be able to keep us in the top four. Hell, I think we would struggle to remain in the top six after a couple of seasons under his guidance.

Ā 

Black would be the more obvious choices that we can afford. But I would love us to give Darren Ferguson a good shot. Yeah sure he's brought Posh up two divisions in succession. But surely the chance to manage a club in Europe in a completely new league (whilst still in Britain) would appeal to him. Not to mention the fact that he'd be walking the halls his father helped build (metaphorically speaking).

Alas i think we've missed the boat on that one. As i said, i think most on here were rightly sceptical, it's a horrific shame it's come to this though.

Ā 

Very true, hardly anyone on here wanted McGhee and even if they did, so what? anyone who gets any satisfaction from saying "I told you so" really wants to have a fucking word with themselves.Ā 

Might be more of a reaction to the motherfuckers who were desperate to see the back of Calderwood and had McGhee as the designated saviour before Calderwood had even left.

Ā 

Thats the case for me at least. I'm fucking devastated we're in the 2 and 8 we're in, so no fucking satisfaction here at all, far from it, I'm fucking raging.

Might be more of a reaction to the motherfuckers who were desperate to see the back of Calderwood and had McGhee as the designated saviour before Calderwood had even left.

Ā 

Ā 

And..? What does this achieve? The people who wanted JC gone to the level that they did and also thought McGhee was the saviour are clearly a bit touched. I said at the time that too many people gave them too much credit (sic) for the turn of events last year, I still believe that. Why we're still talking about them or even alluding to them being anything more than idiots is beyond me.

And..? What does this achieve? The people who wanted JC gone to the level that they did and also thought McGhee was the saviour are clearly a bit touched. I said at the time that too many people gave them too much credit (sic) for the turn of events last year, I still believe that. Why we're still talking about them or even alluding to them being anything more than idiots is beyond me.

Ā 

Who's alluding, or otherwise, to them being anything more than idiots?

Ā 

What's anything going to achieve? What's the point in pointing that out?

Ā 

I had no idea what I posted was likely to achieve anything.

Who's alluding, or otherwise, to them being anything more than idiots?

Ā 

What's anything going to achieve? What's the point in pointing that out?

Ā 

I had no idea what I posted was likely to achieve anything.

Ā 

So why are you so bothered with being "proven right" over them? You've clearly got more savvy than them, I didn't think that needed confirming.

True, but it still felt like a release, even momentarily. I'm quite petty though, I fully admit it!

Ā 

Me too I'm afraid. But I am also well aware nothing I or any reasonble fans have said over the last couple of years makes one fuck of a difference.

Ā 

The club seems to be run by complete fucking buffoons. I used to deep down believe that there were folk running the club who made decisions that were for the long term good of the club. I no longer believe they are able to do so. I have no confidence in the running of the club or the management of the team. I also know I am joined by a great many people.Ā  Ā 

lol so wanting a shit manager gone makes you an "Idiot" and a "motherfucker"

Ā 

Interesting hahahaha

Ā 

I didn't necessarily mean you Stoney, I was meaning others, including the members of AFC's board. I'm probably more angry at the club as the numpties (now I mean you stoneyĀ  ;)) who wanted Calderwood out and wanted McGhee in (not you this tme StoneyĀ  ;D) have ride all to do with making the decision.