Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What do you drive?

Tyrant

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! When ye get crook from the grog ye can sleep in the back  8)

I saw a Holden Ute a Bridge of Dee a month or so ago - weird looking things

The V8 ones are a bit mental, 500 hp to the back wheels with no weight on them, mental! Driven by nuggets usually though!

• 3 weeks later...

I drive a Hyundai Accent, but its a disgrace. The headgasket needs replaced, hence its leaking pissing water like a baby and I have to fill it up constantly. The clutch is also starting to squeak badly, think im going to have to get something new soon.

Sounds like you won't be given much time to make that decision!

I have recently invested in a 1991 SAAB 900 SE full leather 6CD 149k miles. The thinking man's BMW. Bombproof.

Solid. There's no doubting their quality and reliability. I don't think they look particularly good at all though. I was thinking about a 93 before I bought the Impreza. You get so much car for your money.

Beware the dreaded "bombproof" statement about ANY motor that's done 150k!!

150k is fuck all for a quality motor. If it was a Fiat, Ford, Vauxhall or Renault I'd maybe be slightly more concerned. If I was a Saab owner what would concern me is "sludging". I believe some Saabs have issues with "sludging" where the engine oil distribution is poor due to a sludge like build up at the bottom end. Some parts don't get lubricated enough and as you can imagine that will cause a fairly monumental problem eventually. This is such a problem that the tendency for people (who are aware of the issue) that buy a used Saab the first thing they do is drop the sump and clean it up. However I honestly don't know if cars as old as 1991 900s are affected by this issue.

There's also an issue with the bulk head cracking because the steering rack is bolted to it and it puts it under extra strain. You can buy kits to reinforce it which consist of two chunky metal brackets which is meant to prevent it from happening. Still brings a whole new meaning to the term "bombproof" though.

• 2 months later...

Bought a Golf on Sunday as a "sensible" replacement for the Impreza.  8)

The most comfortable car that I've owned. Probably a large part of that is down to the fact that there's nae suspension modifications making it stiffer. Just looking for some reliable, hassle-free motoring oot o' it.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...