Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium meeting;

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel really bad for those of you who'll struggle to travel across the city.

It seems like a bit of a shit excuse to be honest.  Of course the transport links to Loriston aren't great currently, but thats because there's no demand for transport links there just now.  It's common sense that bus routes etc will be created to access any new stadium, and the by-pass should be completed by the time any new stadium is finished anyway so that will probably help access.

The location isn't ideal by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems some are taking the moaning to the extreme.

But with respect coming from Edinburgh and Glasgow you are in the minority of supporters. I think the last study showed the majority of the support came from the North of the city. The club has to make the stadium as accessible as possible. If anyone was in Munich that was well organised and I can't imagine us being that organised but even then I remember it being a long process to get to and from the stadium. The casual punter isn't going to bother for games against lower teams if you have to allow time for an hour to work your way through to the ground or something.

But with respect coming from Edinburgh and Glasgow you are in the minority of supporters. I think the last study showed the majority of the support came from the North of the city. The club has to make the stadium as accessible as possible. If anyone was in Munich that was well organised and I can't imagine us being that organised but even then I remember it being a long process to get to and from the stadium. The casual punter isn't going to bother for games against lower teams if you have to allow time for an hour to work your way through to the ground or something.

The casual punter doesn't bother anyway. If it's too much grief for local fans to travel across the city (and lets face it, Aberdeen isn't exactly massive) then the club is well and truly shafted.

The casual punter does bother imo, i'd suggest more than you'd imagine and it will be more obvious in a new stadium unless they get the set up correct.

Adeen is shafted imo, if you think about it crowds of about 9,000 in a city with a close shire upwards of 300,000 in total. Terrible, and its not that folk don't like football.

As an example I lived 2 minutes from Pittodrie so would go to youth matches/reserve games when hosted at Pittodrie. When I lived in Alford (shire) I would only go to full team matches.

Now I live further away I don't do TV matches and pick and choose what games I go to, maybe 20 in total each year.

Therefore in my own experience location is a huge factor. I've seen you up at games every time I have been up and understand your a season ticket holder. I think as a result what I am saying you cant' relate to but I totally understand why folk choose not to go at times and therefore think the club/council has to do everything it can to make the new stadium seem appealing, even if it isn't.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not but I'd actually be coming from Aberdeen....

It would be impossible to find a site that suits everyone, it seems that the best that can be hoped for is proper transport to Loriston, which I presume would be a condition of getting the stadium.

If anyone was in Munich that was well organised and I can't imagine us being that organised but even then I remember it being a long process to get to and from the stadium.

You're not wrong, it took me a total of 2 taxis, 4 flights and 4 trains. Still, about 8000 people managed it. With that in mind, getting on a bus for a couple of miles isn't a great hardship.

The land at Cove is cheaper, doesn't involve compensating private businesses for demolishing their premises that are very well used by the local public, has more room for expansion and the building of additional revenue generating facilities and is situated at the junction of 2 major A-class trunk roads.

You're not wrong, it took me a total of 2 taxis, 4 flights and 4 trains. Still, about 8000 people managed it. With that in mind, getting on a bus for a couple of miles isn't a great hardship.

:lolabove:

Exactly.

I'm 15 minutes walk from Pittodrie but I'll be more than happy to go to a new stadium in Cove (if it ever happens).  The product on the park is more important for getting bums on seats than the location of the stadium IMHO.

from mad as my work's crappy IE won't let me copy and paste from redweb:

Dons supporters will get their say in May.

ABERDEEN has announced the dates where the public will be able to inspect the proposals for a new state-of-the-art stadium.

The club announced last month that it has submitted a Proposal of Application Notice to Aberdeen City Council, Nigg Community Council and Cove & Altens Community Council as part of the process towards the construction of the long-awaited new stadium at Loirston Loch.

As part of the required public consultation process, there will be a general public consultation exercise at the Thistle Altens Hotel on Sunday 9th May, between 1pm and 5pm and Monday 10th May, between 3pm and 8pm and also in the Richard Donald Suite at Pittodrie Stadium on Tuesday 11th May, between 3pm and 8pm.

In addition to the above, which will be staffed by AFC's consultants, there will be a further evening, aimed specifically for supporters, on Thursday 13th May at the RDS between 5.30pm and 9pm, at which fans can view the initial proposals for the stadium. Club representatives will be in attendance throughout the evening.

Plenty supporters have strong opinions on the new stadium without knowing the facts about the proposals, so it would be madness not to take this opportunity to put the plans under scrutiny.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the public consultation.

Didn't find out much more than we already knew, other than they are limited to 1,500 parking spaces.

All the plans from the AFC website are laid out for anybody wanting a closer look, and there are people from the architects and AFC on hand to answer questions.  There is a feedback form to fill in.

I do like the plans though.

Just back from the public consultation.

Didn't find out much more than we already knew, other than they are limited to 1,500 parking spaces.

All the plans from the AFC website are laid out for anybody wanting a closer look, and there are people from the architects and AFC on hand to answer questions.  There is a feedback form to fill in.

I do like the plans though.

Why so many parking spaces?