Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium meeting;

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building a stadium in cove will prove to be a total disaster, I'm from the North of the city and getting across town would be a nightmare, it's bad enough without football on, no pubs, no facilities, on the top of a hill, will be a cold wet bleak place.

No from me, plenty space at the beach for a stadium.

How do you qualify you to get an invite ?

Its been sent to all supporter club representatives, my mate who runs Capital 1903 seemed to think there would be a series of meetings that week, I think more invite will be issued to shareholders/season ticket holders.

Not sure if it answers the question of funding but we get to see what it's going to look like and pose questions to AFC about the stadium design/funding etc. Worth a view.

Half the reason many go is for a few beers then a wander to the game then back for more beerage, those types won't go to Cove!

Every supporters club should be getting together and protesting about it.

The money would be found if the will to find it existed!

Aberdeen is packed with multi millionaires.

Half the reason many go is for a few beers then a wander to the game then back for more beerage, those types won't go to Cove!

Every supporters club should be getting together and protesting about it.

The money would be found if the will to find it existed!

Aberdeen is packed with multi millionaires.

While i see your point and agree to an extent it's not like pubs wont open up to cater for the stadium, and if the club had any sense they'd open a bar next to the staduim, they'd make a killing!

While i see your point and agree to an extent it's not like pubs wont open up to cater for the stadium, and if the club had any sense they'd open a bar next to the staduim, they'd make a killing!

Pubs won't open in a field because 6 days a week and over a large part of the summer they'll have to close.  Even the residents of Cove will have a half hour walk down country roads and along a dualler to get to it.   

Pubs won't open in a field because 6 days a week and over a large part of the summer they'll have to close.  Even the residents of Cove will have a half hour walk down country roads and along a dualler to get to it. 

Probably not if they were to be solely pubs.  However there is a fairly big workforce located nearby that could use new places to go for lunch etc during the week, it's not a huge stretch to come up with businesses to cater for these needs during the week and profiting from the football crowds at the weekends/mid weeks...

Heard today that Mr Milnes new 24 bedroom mansion has a clause in it that lets it have a change of status from residential to hotel after a 5 year time spell, everyone who has seen it says it looks like and has been designed as a luxury hotel, I'd bet that's the master plan for stewarty!

If he can find the spare coin for that little project he'll find the £30 odd Million to rebuild Pittodrie, just needs some fan pressure.

Heard today that Mr Milnes new 24 bedroom mansion has a clause in it that lets it have a change of status from residential to hotel after a 5 year time spell, everyone who has seen it says it looks like and has been designed as a luxury hotel, I'd bet that's the master plan for stewarty!

Sound like a great business plan.

If he can find the spare coin for that little project he'll find the £30 odd Million to rebuild Pittodrie, just needs some fan pressure.

Sounds like an awful business plan.

Probably not if they were to be solely pubs.  However there is a fairly big workforce located nearby that could use new places to go for lunch etc during the week, it's not a huge stretch to come up with businesses to cater for these needs during the week and profiting from the football crowds at the weekends/mid weeks...

Don't see it myself.

Who we talking about here? Makro staff that are itching for an after work pint? McDonalds(or is it BK) workers that can't face another McLunchy? Or do you mean the Tullos/Altens workers with their subsidised canteens, free gyms on site or pack lunches who will queue up for a midweek pub lunch to keep the bar(s) out there busy?

Honestly I can't see it ED, as much as I'd like it to be something special I just can't see it.

AFC are probably what's helping keep the likes of the Pittodrie Bar and The Broadhill Bar open. I'm sure they've both got a steady flow of locals in the door each week that miiiiiiight keep them ticking over but I'd doubt the two owners of those places would, given the money to do so, move their bars to outside Loirstone.

There's just nothing there.

Of course there's a chance houses could spring up around the ground but remember this is Aberdeen we're speaking about. You're not allowed to redevelop Pittodrie where it is, move it to Kingswells because of the people there or build a golf course out of town because a craw, once, sat upon a wa'

Loriston? No objectors? No? Oh, there are, ach, that's just the fans, over-ruled, motion passed......

Why?

Fecking "WHY", are you being serious?

WE ARE ABERDEEN, THAT IS WHY!!!!!!!

Richest man in the boneyard or leave a real legacy for him, his family, and the people of Aberdeen, I know what I'd choose.

I've lived through the glory years and know how it inspired me, the whole city buzzed off the back of it, bring that back those days and Milne could have a statue next to Robert the Bruce, he knows it and will spend the cash if pushed.

Fairly sure the business plans included plans for hotels/houses/business units and other facilities.

I agree the location isn't great but there are other ways to get the pub ticking over, for example there's talk of artificial pitches being built also so you could probably have a couple of sunday league teams playing out of there, sponsor them, get a darts/pool team set up, host monthly meet the manager time things and as you say every second saturday the place would probably be snowed out before and after the game. I don't know if there's much money to be made but lets hope so!

The Gordon Hotel/Arms on Wellington Road will be in walking distance of the stadium, not a 5 minute stroll obviously, but comparable with the distance between Archie Simpsons and Pittodrie. I'd imagine there'd be a bar in the Thistle Hotel too, albeit a bit pricey. Not familiar with Kincorth but I'd presume if a stadium is being built in their back garden, there'd be plenty of access built for local residents opening up access to their pubs. If the Cove bars have any sense, they'd lay on shuttle buses to get the punters in.

Building a pub onsite may not be a money spinner as mentioned above, but if they made it a Beefeater-type restaurant with a bar, that could be different. Mill Of Mundurno and the one across the A90 from Portlethen do well despite them being inaccessible to pedestrians.

Obviously none of those suggestions are ideal and as convenient for drinking as Pittodrie currently is, but there's plenty of opportunities to 'make do' for those who can't watch a game of football without getting blootered.

Don't see it myself.

Who we talking about here? Makro staff that are itching for an after work pint? McDonalds(or is it BK) workers that can't face another McLunchy? Or do you mean the Tullos/Altens workers with their subsidised canteens, free gyms on site or pack lunches who will queue up for a midweek pub lunch to keep the bar(s) out there busy?

Honestly I can't see it ED, as much as I'd like it to be something special I just can't see it.

It's the Altens/Tullos workers I was meaning, I'm certain if you speak to any number of people who work in the area they will tell you that options for lunch are very limited so it's not a huge departure to believe that if a couple of places opened up at Loriston they would be reasonably well used during the week, obviously this is dependant on the quality of the business. 

I'm realistic enough to realise that it's not going to be something special, chances are the stadium is going to be seriously flawed, however the idea that no pubs will open up to cater for the large demand on matchdays is nonsense.

Its a nightmare to get from the North side of the city. Two buses at least or i would be aswell take the train to portlethen. And the city centre would be chaos whenthe huns and tims come up on the train

surely a new bus service would be put on? Don't think you'd have to worry about that to be fair.