Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Johnstone v Aberdeen 24/4/10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though Nelson was decent enough today. Was unlucky that the ball bounced off him for the goal, similar to Langfield vs Athletico in the uefa cup couple of years ago, but someone should of been marking the saints guy. Draw was a fair result though

Like espn are saying, defence gave nelson no help for the goal, but he didn't exactly palm it away to safety. i'm not overly impressed considering that was all he had to do today and he also got away with a couple of rash decisions to come into no man's land in the 1st half.

i'm really getting worried about the continuing weakening of the team by replacing our players with worse than we had.

Like espn are saying, defence gave nelson no help for the goal, but he didn't exactly palm it away to safety. i'm not overly impressed considering that was all he had to do today and he also got away with a couple of rash decisions to come into no man's land in the 1st half.

Thought he looked ropey on cross balls.  Came when he shouldn't have, didn't when he should.

McGhee said he want's to split the remaining games between Nelson and Langfield.

May well be the case, just repeating what they said but they did suggest that something happened during the week and seemed rather common knowledge amongst all their team.

McGhee said he want's to split the remaining games between Nelson and Langfield.

I don't mind the idea of playing Nelson (even in all the remaining games) to see if he's worth keeping, same reason as I want to see youngsters. I just got the impression from the lack of mention of it by Mcghee pre-match, while explaining all the other changes, it seemed to tie in with the falling out/punting langfield story. That would worry me because I don't see Nelson, or anyone we could afford being good enough for 1st team.

Was Marshall actually playing today?? I am sure i saw him coming out the tunnel and he was mentioned in the team line up?!!!  But that was it, VERY quiet game for a player on loan trying to gain a contract!

Take me hat off tae Grassi today! Played fairly well and showed a bit o passion.  Still reckon he should stick to using his head and forget kicking the ball!!!

Nelson had a decent game, doubt Langfield would have done any better. He has to get game time imo.

Overall it was a good game to watch but we more than rode our luck, don't think we deserved a point.

Fair enough if you meant 'good' as in, good compared to the rest of the season. If you meant 'good' as in, a decent standard of footie and entertainment, I'd have to disagree. I thought it was pesh.

Fair enough if you meant 'good' as in, good compared to the rest of the season. If you meant 'good' as in, a decent standard of footie and entertainment, I'd have to disagree. I thought it was pesh.

I was comparing it to the Falkirk game which was truly awful.

Thought Nelson wasnt too bad, very nervous at points though. Grassi did decent again (shock) at full back then decent at centre back! Foster was the captain on that pitch, organised the shape and then was maraginilisled by being put out wide and then we lost the goal. The wall was atrocious and nobody seemed to know what was going on. Maclean is a slow lazy cunt, Kerr is a cunt and  Marshall is a useless cunt. A draw was the correct result as we sat back and waitred for the equaliser.

I don't think that's the case, I would say he needs to gain a good yard of fitness though as he's put in a couple of dodgy tackles as a result of being pushed off the ball to easily.

He was defo working hard though!

Thought it was a terrible game to watch. We looked like we were scared to lose, even though we are now safe.

Was not that impressed with Nelson. At one point Ifil left the ball for him to come out and get and he just stood there and let the Saint Johnstone player in.

If that is Mcghee's idea of entertaining football then all I can say is next please.