Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manager Mark McGhee makes two changes to the side that drew with Raith Rovers at the weekend. Diamond and Aluko return to the starting eleven as Ifil and Young drop to the bench. Joining them on the bench are Nelson, Duff, Marshall, Fyvie and Grassi. Tonight's match official is Craig Thomson.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, McDonald, Paterson, Diamond, Mackie, Kerr, MacLean, Paton, Aluko.

Hibernian: Smith, Bamba, Murray, Hogg, Miller, Wotherspoon, Rankin, McBride, Stokes, Nish, Riordan. 

I suspect many of us would have taken a draw before kick off, but very disappointing to get a draw after going 2-0 up!

Dodgy pen to Hibs by all accounts!

Aye - cheating cunts.  >:D

At least celtic beat hearts - setting them up to get pumped at the weekend.

I suspect many of us would have taken a draw before kick off, but very disappointing to get a draw after going 2-0 up!

Dodgy pen to Hibs by all accounts!

Decided to check the score before watching on Alba and I'm glad I did now.

Same as usual down there then was it?

Penfold says it was never a pen.

Never a pen, good game. Ref was almost as bad as last time down there. Can't help be dissapointed, but didn't feel confident two would be enough even at half time.

Some good play generally, not entirely convinced by the subs (just me or where there six defenders on by the end?). Actually think that was Hibs best performance against Aberdeen this season, seems odd that it was this one we take points off them.

And how did McLean get booked? I'm not entirely convinced it was a penalty, but the Hibs player definitely brought him down (not sure about whether he got the ball etc) so it certainly wasn't a dive. Thought Hibs should have been down to 10 men. Didn't really expect anything from the game though so it's a point more than I thought we'd have right now.

overall a good result, glad to see Paton and Mclean getting the goals.

How bad was Duff's miss? the radio said it was awful?

It was awful, really awful. The pitch was in a pretty bad condition so the only thing I think could have happened was it bobbled before he kicked it, or something like that. There is no way a professional footballer should miss that badly.

overall a good result, glad to see Paton and Mclean getting the goals.

How bad was Duff's miss? the radio said it was awful?

He was played in through the middle and was 1 on 1 with the keepr at about 20 yards with the keeper in the box, he went to his left and the keeper dived. The ball rolled on and it left the keeper on the deck with a pretty decent gap between the keeper and the right hand post.

I think he was going to pass it in, but as he brought his foot to the ball two hibs defenders sprinted past him and the keeper for the line. He must have decided to put pace on it, and that is why it ended up going left rather than right and skywards rather than the deck.

He was played in through the middle and was 1 on 1 with the keepr at about 20 yards with the keeper in the box, he went to his left and the keeper dived. The ball rolled on and it left the keeper on the deck with a pretty decent gap between the keeper and the right hand post.

I think he was going to pass it in, but as he brought his foot to the ball two hibs defenders sprinted past him and the keeper for the line. He must have decided to put pace on it, and that is why it ended up going left rather than right and skywards rather than the deck.

i'm a little scared of watching the highlights now!

Never a pen, good game. Ref was almost as bad as last time down there. Can't help be dissapointed, but didn't feel confident two would be enough even at half time.

Some good play generally, not entirely convinced by the subs (just me or where there six defenders on by the end?). Actually think that was Hibs best performance against Aberdeen this season, seems odd that it was this one we take points off them.

And how did McLean get booked? I'm not entirely convinced it was a penalty, but the Hibs player definitely brought him down (not sure about whether he got the ball etc) so it certainly wasn't a dive. Thought Hibs should have been down to 10 men. Didn't really expect anything from the game though so it's a point more than I thought we'd have right now.

Was listening online, and said Diamond had back to ball so no penalty, but thought ref was making up for stonewaller he hadn't given them for handball (? Mulgrew) Ref sounded atrocious, but for both teams to be fair.

Re our ?dive/?penalty; it was McDonald nae MacLean who got booked. Commentators thought probable penalty.

Can't remember who, but they thought a hibs player lucky nae to get a second booking.

Re subs/defenders, they apparently had 7 strikers on (??). Didn't think Duff correct choice, would have went for Young.

Good to read "good play generally"

Duff's miss is mesmerizing, I could watch it over and over again. Fuck knows what he was trying to do.

Paton looks like a fucking good prospect, comfortable on the ball, confident when taking defenders on, gets into good positions, not scared to have a go. And he looks like he gives a fuck. Keep it up Son.

In short he fucked it up! Looked like a guy short of games and confidence. Chance fell to the wrong person. Just watched game on ALBA.  Decent result but we were well short of them in the quality department.  Maclean, Mulgrew and Kerr were excellent.  Paton scored a great goal and had a few fabby touches.  I never noticed that he lacked pace until tonight tho.  That is worrying for a young lad.  No way does the performance convince me we are going to string a few results together.  However when Aluko, Paterson, Maclean and Diamond get fitter we will be much better.  Well done tonight lads for a brave and hardworking performance 

Duff defo fked it up but mizer description gives Duff more credit than he deserved.

Overall a great game to watch, we deserved a point at least.

I think our team suits playing teams like Hibs, yeah they pounded us a bit but until the subs came on I felt pretty confident we'd score more.

Just in. Vast improvement from Aberdeen in terms of effort as compared to the weekend.

Probably a fair result on the balance of play.

Duff's two missed chances could have nicked it for us, but given that they were all over us for a good 25 minutes after their first, it would probably have been harsh on them. Not that I am criticising Duff, I have to say, as I think his introduction brought us back into the match by giving us that bit of presence in midfield we needed.

Overall, a fine evenings entertainment. I'm giving it 7/10. ;)

Watching the highlights has made the penalty even more frustrating. The ball didn't even change the course of direction when it brushed Diamond's hand and it was completely accidental. Bad decision by the ref, but he made a lot, for both sides.

Fairly sure he gave Zemmama as being offside when he was actually in the Hibs half at one point.

What about the scrummage in the middle of the park? He was at the time talking to his linesman about another issue so missed it all. He went to the other linesman then back to the one he was talking to originally then randomly decided to book a Hibs player. How he came to that conclusion I have no idea.

What about the scrummage in the middle of the park? He was at the time talking to his linesman about another issue so missed it all. He went to the other linesman then back to the one he was talking to originally then randomly decided to book a Hibs player. How he came to that conclusion I have no idea.

Radio said that Kerr backed into Miller and stood on his foot and Miller had a wee kick out at him. Think it was Miller who was booked, possibly for his reaction.