Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stuart Duff can leave Aberdeen

So he's got one more attribute that most of the other first team players dont.

For each inept display, there are a solid, if unspectacular one to match it. Take Falkirk on Saturday. AFC are not in the position to be out buying 2 players for each position, hence why versatility is so important. Duff offers us that where he can play anywhere across the back four and the midfield four. He certainly wouldn't be in my starting eleven or anywhere close to it, but he is a decent option to have on the bench or to call upon if injuries and suspensions affect the starting eleven. He's won't be on a superstar wage either, I wouldn't imagine. Despite being out in the cold for most of this season, he has knuckled doon and and showed plenty of fight and determination to get back into the position he now finds himself, two qualities that have been found to be in short supply this season.

as much as it hurts, i sadly agree :

which is shite, if you'd asked me at the beginning of the season about Duff i'd have told you he can fuck well off. how things change :hammer:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post; that said I feel personally we should be looking at having a crux of 14-16 good players interchangable with suspensions/injuries then having youngsters to cover any injuries. We'd have to be pretty fortunate with injuries to be successful but if we were it would be a lot more enjoyable as a fan than having to watch duff/grassi/mackie.