Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stuart Duff can leave Aberdeen

Stuart Duff can leave Aberdeen if he finds a new club

Aberdeen midfielder Stuart Duff will be allowed to leave the Scottish Premier League club - if the 28-year-old can find a new club.

Duff was signed by former manager Jimmy Calderwood following his release by Dundee United two years ago.

Although the player does not want to leave the Dons, he is not in manager Mark McGhee's plans.

He recently returned from a month-long loan spell with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Division One.

Caley Thistle manager Terry Butcher had wanted to retain him for longer, but the commuting from Aberdeen to Inverness was not suitable for the player.

Inverness's First Division rivals, Partick Thistle, could be a destination for Duff.

The midfielder has made 10 appearances for Aberdeen this season but has played just four minutes as a substitute since the turn of the year.

Info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8486850.stm

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be surprised to see him heading down the M77 on Sunday/Monday until end of the season  ;)

Was thinking the same myself. Killie are desperate for defensive cover just now.

I saw another article about Duff over the past day or so where he says he's nae keen on a move to Inverness cos of the difficult commute. But in the same article, he says he's weighing up a potential move to Plastic Whistle.

WTF? I'd much rather live in the Sneckie than in Weejville

Seriously. Some points:

Take a look at the road from Aberdeen to Inverness, it's a joke.

Look at the road from Aberdeen to Glasgow, it's alright.

Inverness is a shithole.

Glasgow is good.

If given the ultimate choice of living in Glasgow or Inverness, I'd move to Inverness in the blink of an eye. I love that city. Been for quite a few nights out there, and every single one of them has been top-notch, and the reception I've received fae the locals that I've bumped into has been phenomenal.

Glasgow ... on the other hand.

If given the ultimate choice of living in Glasgow or Inverness, I'd move to Inverness in the blink of an eye. I love that city. Been for quite a few nights out there, and every single one of them has been top-notch, and the reception I've received fae the locals that I've bumped into has been phenomenal.

Glasgow ... on the other hand.

When did you last go to Inverness 1753?

Inverness is an atrocious night out. There's a midnight curfew, so if you're not in anywhere you're going home, even then the selection of clubs are shite. You can't buy take-away food late at night, and if you want to eat you have to get a taxi to one of the 15 Tesco's on the outside of town. The locals are in general arseholes, who didn't seem to like 'outsiders'. The City (is it even a city?) itself is possible the ugliest in Scotland, nothing other than big lumps of concrete, oh, but there's a castle... Love nor money could get me to live in Inverness.

As for Glasgow, don't kid yourself, it's a fantastic city.

Inverness is an atrocious night out. There's a midnight curfew, so if you're not in anywhere you're going home, even then the selection of clubs are shite. You can't buy take-away food late at night, and if you want to eat you have to get a taxi to one of the 15 Tesco's on the outside of town. The locals are in general arseholes, who didn't seem to like 'outsiders'. The City (is it even a city?) itself is possible the ugliest in Scotland, nothing other than big lumps of concrete, oh, but there's a castle... Love nor money could get me to live in Inverness.

Bit early for worst post of 2010 but we may have a winner.  :-*

When did you last go to Inverness 1753?

The City (is it even a city?) itself is possible the ugliest in Scotland, nothing other than big lumps of concrete

I moved to New Zealand in February 2003. As part of my going-away celebrations, me and some of my mates took a long weekend up in the Sneckie. It's was brilliant! Big lumps of concrete? Hmmm, that's generally my description of Glasgow.

Here's a picture of Inverness ...

inverness.jpg

Now here's a picture of Glasgow ...

Glasgow%20City%20NE.jpg

Do we really need a poll on "which city is the big lump of unattractive concrete"?

I personally don't find the sneck pleasing on the eye. Glasgow is a different class in comparison. Whilst some of the modern architecture is somewhat to be desired for, the urban regeneration that has been undertaken in glasgow over the years is starting to bare fruit. Then if you like aesthetically pleasing areas, you'll struggle find a nicer place than the university and kelvingrove park area. Tho quite what they're going to be doing on the clyde is beyond me. Hopefully the recession has put that to bed.