Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stuart Duff can leave Aberdeen

So you only like 'cities' that are, in your opinion, aesthetically pleasing to the eye?

Aesthetically pleasing cities are a helpful start. But not the be-all and end-all. I was merely replying to dave_min's comments that, unlike Glasgow, Inverness was just a series of concrete lumps.

Although I never stayed in Glasgow, I had a few nights out in the weej, have been there a few times for footy, and even  worked there for a month (commuting from Edinburgh). From my exerienced gained from these times, I certainly did not enjoy Glasgow, Glasgow's people or Glasgow's physical look one single bit.

However, Inverness was a different kettle of fish, in my opinion. The times I've worked and entertained myself there were on the opposite scale to that of Glasgow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1698373

Hard-working Stuart has a future with Aberdeen FC

McGhee hails battler Duff

By Sean Wallace

Published: 20/04/2010

ABERDEEN FC midfielder Stuart Duff is winning his battle to remain at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee today revealed he will meet with Duff to thrash out his future.

And he insists the commitment shown by Aberdonian Duff, who is out of contract at the end of the season, will not go unnoticed.

:-\

It's not full of them but there are quite a few. I have lived in Glasgow for 12 years and hardly any of my friends are actually weegies. As it is the only proper city in Scotland I quite enjoy it. All other cities are just big towns or large fishing villages.

In saying that I am trying to move away from it soon.

Spot on. It may have its bad points but I'd rather live here than anywhere else in Scotland.

On the subject of Inverness...

I lived there from 1971 to 2000 and can hand on heart say the best thing about it is the A9 south. Now I'm not one for generalisations but it's a shite night out (Johnny Foxes / The Gellions / Hoots... !), is full of shite people (mostly) and has a minky football team full of hairy arsed haggis fuckers! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think he's an okay squad player and would definitely keep him ahead of the likes of Kerr and McDonald, as he at least he appears to put some effort in.

Getting concerned that next year's team is not going to be a whole lot different to this year's.

I cannot beleive anyone is suggesting keeping pish like Duff. Did nobody see his completely inept display at Hibs. This guy is a 1st division player at best. Loads of effort fuck all skill. Depressing that we are thinking of keeping him. Almost as bad as looking at Billy Mehmet.

I cannot beleive anyone is suggesting keeping pish like Duff. Did nobody see his completely inept display at Hibs. This guy is a 1st division player at best. Loads of effort fuck all skill. Depressing that we are thinking of keeping him. Almost as bad as looking at Billy Mehmet.

So he's got one more attribute that most of the other first team players dont.

For each inept display, there are a solid, if unspectacular one to match it. Take Falkirk on Saturday. AFC are not in the position to be out buying 2 players for each position, hence why versatility is so important. Duff offers us that where he can play anywhere across the back four and the midfield four. He certainly wouldn't be in my starting eleven or anywhere close to it, but he is a decent option to have on the bench or to call upon if injuries and suspensions affect the starting eleven. He's won't be on a superstar wage either, I wouldn't imagine. Despite being out in the cold for most of this season, he has knuckled doon and and showed plenty of fight and determination to get back into the position he now finds himself, two qualities that have been found to be in short supply this season.

So he's got one more attribute that most of the other first team players dont.

For each inept display, there are a solid, if unspectacular one to match it. Take Falkirk on Saturday. AFC are not in the position to be out buying 2 players for each position, hence why versatility is so important. Duff offers us that where he can play anywhere across the back four and the midfield four. He certainly wouldn't be in my starting eleven or anywhere close to it, but he is a decent option to have on the bench or to call upon if injuries and suspensions affect the starting eleven. He's won't be on a superstar wage either, I wouldn't imagine. Despite being out in the cold for most of this season, he has knuckled doon and and showed plenty of fight and determination to get back into the position he now finds himself, two qualities that have been found to be in short supply this season.

How can a club with any aspirations of success accept that 50% of the boys game are going to be inept and at best solid?