Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll on Saturday after too long a gap of fitba!

If Kilmarnock win on Saturday they'll move to within 4 points of the Dons (albeit we'll have a game in hand).

I'm already dreading the thought that they may finish very close to if not above us in the league or pap us oot the cup.

I'm sure we'll be fine though... really sure we'll be fine... sure.  :-\ Kille away was never a happy hunting ground for the Dons under JC so wonder what we'll see up here - interesting indeed.

Half price tickets will hopefully increase the crowd but doubt it will too much. Why do you need to buy the cheap tickets in advance?!?!? Makes nae sense at all... except if the club reckon alot of folk will turn up at the gate expecting it to be half price and they end up paying full price. What's the point?

Does anyone know if ye can swap a season ticket seat in the south for this game for a seat in the main for an additional couple of quid?

I'd imagine so, I used to do it the other way round all the time. Do you just want to sit beside me on Saturday?!

Looking forward to this game quite a lot, now it's got this little bit of extra spice added to it. But being realistic, I think we should still manage to pump them.

I can't see past JC winning this particular bout of psychological warfare.

It will be a real shame if our support decide to boo him. I remember when JC left Dunfermline to come to us and their fans booo'd him. Our support was perplexed at this as he had taken them from being a shit club to top 6 and Europe. At least they had the reasoning that he walked out on them, our fans don't even have that. I'm pretty sure there won't be any applause but boooos...only shows the idiocy of our support.

Will be interesting to see the reception Calderwood gets.

I disagree entirely. The issue of whether the opposition manager gets booed or applauded by our support couldn't be less interesting. Him bringing up said issue is merely a smoke and mirrors tactic to try and distract from the serious toaley his club currently find themselves in.

I'd be disappointed if he was boo'd. I don't think he should get a standing ovation either, but our support's apparent eagerness to boo anyone that has the audacity to leave us is bewildering at times.  There are obviously times when it's richly deserved, but I remember a Dons fan I knew who said he'd boo John Hewitt if he played against us for Celtic. John Hewit!! Fucking hell.

I can't see past JC winning this particular bout of psychological warfare.

It will be a real shame if our support decide to boo him. I remember when JC left Dunfermline to come to us and their fans booo'd him. Our support was perplexed at this as he had taken them from being a shit club to top 6 and Europe. At least they had the reasoning that he walked out on them, our fans don't even have that. I'm pretty sure there won't be any applause but boooos...only shows the idiocy of our support.

He should be given the same abuse anyone with hun tendancies should get  ;D

Think you'll be surprised, be more applauding from the main stand than boos from elsewhere.

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Aberdeen Football Club will be doing its bit to help the Haiti disaster appeal on Saturday when the Dons play Kilmarnock at Pittodrie.

This week's can collection will go to the appeal. There will be can collectors at various points outside and inside the ground to allow members of the Red Army to donate money before kick-off.

Also the money raised from the half time draw will go to the Haiti appeal.

In the Richard Donald Suite the money from the corporate raffle will also all go to the appeal.

Mark McGhee spoke to RedTV at lunchtime. 

"Yeah the game has a bit of an edge because of the two Jimmy's and Sandy Clark but I hope it is in the nicest possible way.

"I have an admiration for what they did here and I think that it's a great standard they've set for us to emulate.

"They will be fired up and it will be interesting to see how the Kilmarnock players respond to them. All of it is in the best possible nature and can only do the game, and the excitement of the game good.

"We've seen with Hamilton and St Mirren that we don't expect anyone in any position in the league to do anything different, we're going to have to match that and play better than we did at St Mirren to win the game.

"More importantly for us is how we play, if they play as well as we possibly can and Kilmarnock do the same then I expect us to win the game.

"If we have expectations to finish in the top six or even better fourth or third then we must look at beating Kilmarnock.

"Lee Miller is still suspended, and in the meantime we go on with what we had.

"I have maintained contact (with Steven MacLean) and until he goes and signs somewhere else there is always a chance he will come here. But he has made it clear he wants to make a permanent move out of Plymouth but until he does that then there is still a chance he could come here.

"I think it is great to have Zander Diamond back and having competition for places is always a good thing. People like Jerel and the others will be looking over their shoulders and know they'll have to play well to keep their places."

Just in.

Calderwood got a very warm welcome from most of the crowd, with a lot of people standing to applaud, particularly in the main stand.

It was a horrendous first half, basically like watching Aberdeen v Aberdeen.  :hammer:

One up front to lower league opposition at home?  WTF!  >:D

It was a better second half, once we'd got the goal - and it was a cracking volley from Young, a real peach, and he was very unlucky with another great shot at the end.  Mackie and Young our best players today.  Mackie put in a tremendous shift and was my MOTM, but I don't remember him getting one chance in front of goal.

Kerr was infuriating.  Whilst everybody else tried to keep up the tempo, he seemed to kill every move when he received the ball.

Nevermind, it's the result that counts.