Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

st miirren

The only direct comparasion I have for it is we played down there last year and I went down, we were total garbage. So to hear that we have at least put in a decent performance makes a change.

We played better than St Mirren last night but I wouldnt say we were anywhere near decent overall. We had some nice moves and spells but it was almost identical to the game last march.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't understand is why McGhee is in the paper and on the radio that day saying Paton and Maguire can go on loan (i.e. aren't quite at the required level for AFC 1st team) and that Wright can just plain GTF, but he then turns to those same three players to come to the rescue when we are struggling against St Mirren that night?!?!?

Does he think that 'reverse psychology' is the latest tool in the manager's box - or is he just a tool?

I remain completely uninmpressed by McGhee's tenure so far.

I see no sign of the improved man management skills that he was supposedly going to bring - in order to get more out of the players than a certain former manager was apparenty capable of...

So far: FAIL

:-[

One thing I don't understand is why McGhee is in the paper and on the radio that day saying Paton and Maguire can go on loan (i.e. aren't quite at the required level for AFC 1st team) and that Wright can just plain GTF, but he then turns to those same three players to come to the rescue when we are struggling against St Mirren that night?!?!?

Thats what we were saying on the way home. We were better when they came on (but going 4-4-2 did help).

Can anyone explain why we didnt get a penalty when mackie reached the ball before gallagher, tapped it goalwards and got fucked over in the process before the st mirren guy cleared it?

The ref just walks towards the decked mackie shrugging his shoulders????

Its seldom the case that a referee gives a penalty when the striker gets a shot (or sort of in this case) away, even when the keeper goes on to commit GBH in the area. Nae saying its right but it often seems to be the way when, to use a tired cliche, it'd be a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

At the end of the day if Ifil is playing at the back we need someine who can play football beside him. :hammer:

And for him going forward for corners if he isnt going to challenge the ball put him next to the keeper to give the keeper fuck all chance of getting near it...As simple as