Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

st miirren

Aye, that and Wrights goal were the only memorable things about that game. Though I recall Ajja maintaining that it was a fluke.

I still maintain it was not the incredible precision header it was heralded as. Not sure I went as far as 'fluke'.

I do remember an exceptional attempt at proving how to look utterly lost in a full back position by a certain young man that night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still maintain it was not the incredible precision header it was heralded as. Not sure I went as far as 'fluke'.

I do remember an exceptional attempt at proving how to look utterly lost in a full back position by a certain young man that night.

I put it down to shite goalkeeping more than anything.

Nicked this from the official website apologies if everyone's read it all already (Preview of the match inc. latest on McLean and Ross) -

St Mirren v Aberdeen 11 January 2010 7.45pm kick off

Tickets will be available for Aberdeen supporters from 6.30pm tomorrow night from North Stand (away) ticket office. For ticket prices please click here.

Zander Diamond today handed Aberdeen a huge boost by returning to training.

The 24 year old has suffered terrible luck with injuries so far this season, so let's hope his latest comeback is a successful one. Diamond joined the rest of the first team squad for training this morning at the Aberdeen Sports Village.

Following the session Manager Mark McGhee met the press for his pre match conference ahead of tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League trip to face St Mirren.

St Mirren had a good result on Saturday in the cup as well. A player got a hat-trick and that always gives them confidence but this is our game in hand. We are very determined to continue our run and make progress in catching Dundee Utd and Hibs in particular.

"The past two results are good for positive momentum but those two games are now done.

"Although the confidence gained from the two results will do us good, It will still be a very hard job to go and win away from home.

"We played well at times on Saturday and have played well at times during the season but we are still a bit away from playing consistency and in a shape that people will be able to look at the team and recognise the personnel and the style of play. Things at the moment are still able it mixed but there are elements that are encouraging."

Maurice Ross, meanwhile, has almost certainly played his last game for the Dons, and the defender could be set for a move to China. "Maurice has as good as left the football club," said the Dons boss.

"My agreement with Maurice was that he would stay until January. I always hoped that he might change his mind and be persuaded to stay or that he would not get an offer that he is hoping for abroad that would make it impossible for us to keep him.

"It looks like he is going to China. Maurice has had a couple of injuries but has done a good job and made a good contribution to the early part of my time here and we are grateful for that.

"The Steve McLean situation remains the same. Steven is determined that he is going to make a permanent move out of Plymouth and until that happens he is not going to move.There is no movement on any of the other players we are looking at at the moment."

RedWeb earlier confirmed that next week's Clydesdale Bank SPL match against Falkirk (19th January) has been postponed due to the Bairns Scottish Cup involvement.

Eddie May's side face Kilmarnock at Rugby Park next Monday, after the initial tie was postponed for a second time over the weekend.Mark was not too concerned though. "The football game being moved is disappointing but we will have Lee Miller back, Sone and Zander will have more training under their belt and I will be able to go and watch the Raith Rovers v Airdrie game so it is not the end of the world."