Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Possible triple signing swoop including Scott Dobie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a paper this morning, think it was the daily rangers, it said terms have been agreed with the players agent and the club, however McGhee is wanting to speak to the player directly as the player wants a perm move rather than loan deal.

Note there are no direct quotes in that....

Have see Dobie a few times, most recently on the 3rd Jan when he came on as a sub against Everton... He was awful, 1st touch was terrible and no pace.  Add to that the fact that his wages would be on a par with some of the higher earning members of our squad and its a no brainer. 

Also notice that Carlisle are releasing Vincent Pericard (he was on a short term contract there) - he would be a much better signing.

MacLean personal terms have all been agreed its just a case of the player actually wanting to come here.

Surprised we never went back in for the defender who was here pre season, what was his name again?

Reda Johnson?

Given that Jimmy tried to sign Dobie on more than one occasion where do we stand with him? Is he one of "Jimmy's dross" or is he merely a "nearly Jimmy's dross" and if he signs will he be the first of "Mark's Dross"?

Scored 7 goals this season already (although only 2 in the league) so bit of a strange one unless it's a swap. Tommy Wright??

Dobie was on Soccer Am's best of Showboating thing at the end of the year for a goal he scored this season.  He flicked it over the keeper and knocked it in, on first viewing it looks fantastic, on second I was of the mind he didn't mean it and his first touch - while being very lucky - was akin to that of a brick wall.

is it not a bit strange a couple of days ago that mcghee said he was not looking at bringing in any new centre halves (in relation to moving for Russell) and yet we are looking at Barr? Or is it that he's planning on playing Barr at right back?

We definitely need centre halves!

Reda Johnson?

Given that Jimmy tried to sign Dobie on more than one occasion where do we stand with him? Is he one of "Jimmy's dross" or is he merely a "nearly Jimmy's dross" and if he signs will he be the first of "Mark's Dross"?

Scored 7 goals this season already (although only 2 in the league) so bit of a strange one unless it's a swap. Tommy Wright??

EL OHHHH EL

Reda Johnson?

EL OHHHH EL

Thanks for clearing that up.

Definitely the first of "Mark's Dross" :thumbsup:

Guest rocket debris

I will reserve any possible criticism of McGhee until one minute AFTER he signs a player that some consider to be donkeyesque. Actually, I will wait until the braying ass plays 270 minutes before forming an opinion getting close to conclusive. I want him to succeed as I'm sure the board do. They will provide him with access to the cash in bank to match all of our hopes, dreams and aspirations. Only then will I forgive them for cruelly sacking our chubby chum who, tragically, is still unemployed. It's a crying shame, especially at this time of year. 

To be fair rocknroll, its not like we've not been linked or even been in talks with decent players, invariably we have either fucked up or its been ridiculous speculation. I would love it if we signed barr and as has been mentioned earlier on it must signal the end for someone at afc. Though the news of scott dobbie had me worried there! Good old ee :)

To be fair rocknroll, its not like we've not been linked or even been in talks with decent players, invariably we have either fucked up or its been ridiculous speculation. I would love it if we signed barr and as has been mentioned earlier on it must signal the end for someone at afc. Though the news of scott dobbie had me worried there! Good old ee :)

I'm not convinced it has to, I'm sure McGhee has been quoted in the past saying that he was hoping to get to the stage that he had competition for each position, in that case 4 CB's may not be too many.  Also hasn't Barr played fairly regularly at RB for falkirk? It could be that McGhee sees Barr slotting in there, who knows!

I thought someone said he was gash at rb? Well if it doesn't and we can afford it then fair play. We need as many players as we can get what with our boys being hell bent on getting sent off every game!

Think a few folk think he's a lot better at CB than RB but versatility is always good to have.

I'm not saying he's any good at RB, havent seen enough of him to pass judgement on that, and I'd wonder just how much people on here had seen of him at RB.  I was only throwing the idea out there that it may not mean one of our existing CB's will be punted.

ABERDEEN FC were today hoping to seal a deal for Plymouth Argyll striker Steven MacLean.

Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee hoped to have the 27-year-old on board in time to feature in tomorrow night’s SPL clash with St Mirren in Paisley.

McGhee said: “I’m waiting for the nod from MacLean to get things sorted out. Plymouth have agreed to allow him to join us on loan until the summer.

“It’s now a case of hoping MacLean is happy with that and it would be great if everything was done in time for him to be involved against St Mirren.â€

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1547273#ixzz0cInY5PHz