Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Red Ultras

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy mezzanine has a pretty thankless task to be honest.  AFC, Charlie Allan, the police, some sections of the AFC support, are all against the Ultras, so it's probably for the best (sadly).

I met Mezz a number of times and he's a great bloke. If I didn't think that I wouldn't say it. It was the rest of the arseholes that fucked them up.

As alluded to earlier in this thread and countless others their attitude stank. And it wasn’t just one or two of them.. it was the majority. As also alluded to earlier they liked the attention and the notoriety. They were wannabe casuals at the end of the day I think.

One time at Rugby Park they insisted on waving little flags down at the front for literally the entire game blocking the view of those sitting a few rows behind them. When asked if they'd desist they not-so-politely declined to do so and threw a mouth-full of personal abuse into the bargain. The main culprit was one of the lads whose picture appeared in the paper for the flare incident earlier this season.

Twat.

The fact that most of their members were younger kids who thought being an Ultra was cool condemned them to an inevitable death.

What confuses me is how on earth they managed to get the flares into the ground, I've had to throw out a rather expensive bottle of perfume from my handbag before now in order to be allowed into the ground. Like an earlier poster said, at least no one was seriously hurt. 

I met Mezz a number of times and he's a great bloke. If I didn't think that I wouldn't say it. It was the rest of the arseholes that fucked them up.

As alluded to earlier in this thread and countless others their attitude stank. And it wasn’t just one or two of them.. it was the majority. As also alluded to earlier they liked the attention and the notoriety. They were wannabe casuals at the end of the day I think.

One time at Rugby Park they insisted on waving little flags down at the front for literally the entire game blocking the view of those sitting a few rows behind them. When asked if they'd desist they not-so-politely declined to do so and threw a mouth-full of personal abuse into the bargain. The main culprit was one of the lads whose picture appeared in the paper for the flare incident earlier this season.

Twat.

The fact that most of their members were younger kids who thought being an Ultra was cool condemned them to an inevitable death.

Just a shame you typed that then ;)

And the Sigma flares?

A self-congratulatory group of nobodies who cost the club money without giving anything appreciable back.

RIP

Thoughts with your families...

p.s. on a more serious note...

those banners like in the above pic are great but why do you need to be in a club to produce them? i didn't think the ultras made a ton of cash.

the ultras went on ad nausium about how afc wanted rid of them. the banners weren't produced by more than a couple of people so why can't these people do it on behalf of afc instead of "oh look at me i'm like a central european in ne scotland"

back the club or fuck off. your not special just because you think you're different.

Bit in bold is a lot of bollocks. Yes some didn't like what the ultras done, but when you see displays such as the one posted you can't say the ru didn't back the club.

Course its bollocks, as is someone bringing up a incident at Kilmarnock 7 years ago, we apologised at the time but that was not enough for some folk, such as Stoney who posts the same crap under various disguises on different forums always restating the same shite he's posted elsewhere, can't fault his consistency, and Tyrant bringing up Killie all these years later, tedious shite.

It was a different way of supporting the team from what most would do but not more important than say Granite City/Ullevi Reds setting off for Killie in October with a full bus etc or Capital 1903/Globe Reds setting off for Hamilton at home in March with nothing to play for. It was just our own way of supporting the team but there's no doubt it pissed folk off at times when we probably didn't fully appreciate what effect our actions had and defo we have regrets that it didn't become something bigger aka CU84 (marseille) and FDL (milan) as if you take time to appreciate what those groups brought to albeit  bigger clubs with bigger fanbases was truly sensational... but the lads/gals who were members of the ru from 1999-2010 gave everything they had to make match days more colourful/atmospheric because we love the team just the same as Tyrant/Stoney/Jute whoever. Just because we were open about being proud of where we were from (ie the red ultras) doesn't mean we thought we were more important than anyone else.

Always standing free :)

Guest rocket debris

I knew it wouldn't take long to find a post of real honesty and integrity. After all, it's what the North East is famous for. Excellent post tsr. Pick the bones out of that, neg head divisorial virtualities. 

At the time of writing the previous, I was a bit bombastic due to drink but in my defence, what I was getting at by "back the club or fuck off" was that if you're getting the club hit by potential fines (re Sigma) then you shouldn't be complaining about the club not backing you over the incident, as I read on the Ultras board at the time. The RU got very defensive about that instead of publicly and loudly telling the people involved to take their punishment and get out the Ultras. How much of that was 'senior' members rather than helpers doesn't matter unless claims of unfair treatment were purely made by unaffiliated posters on the ru board. but i doubt that's the case given that even the statement about disbanding cites the feeling by the ru that the club has generally treated them unfairly.

The RU lost control of their hangers on and didn't help AFC in sorting that out. Instead they once again let hangers on make the whole group look bad and potentially cost the club money. If the above ref to the EE story is correct then the Ultras were going to get suspended but instead of addressing the issues with their followers, simply disbanded. That's not backing the stance of AFC, that's acting like a misunderstood and put upon bunch when it was just that they were too stubborn to accept responsibility.

The second part, "you're not special just because you think you're different" is not bollocks, it's the problem with the general attitude of the ru in a nutshell imho.

I'm sure most of the mature ru have the best of intentions but they are ultimately responsible for the ru generally fucking it up for themselves.