🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Red Ultras

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Jager. :thumbsup:

And the Sigma flares?

A self-congratulatory group of nobodies who cost the club money without giving anything appreciable back.

RIP

Thoughts with your families...

p.s. on a more serious note...

those banners like in the above pic are great but why do you need to be in a club to produce them? i didn't think the ultras made a ton of cash.

the ultras went on ad nausium about how afc wanted rid of them. the banners weren't produced by more than a couple of people so why can't these people do it on behalf of afc instead of "oh look at me i'm like a central european in ne scotland"

back the club or fuck off. your not special just because you think you're different.

I think you are seriously undervaluing the time and effort these guys went to raising money, creating the flags, and being in the ground many hours before kick off hanging banners (not just their own) and preparing their displays.  And I think you are well wide of the mark saying "without giving anything appreciable back" IMHO.  But never mind, there will be fuck all now from now on!  :-\

:lolabove: very valid points though. The problem with aberdeen fans, and probably most football fans these days is they can't be arsed. I think the ultras were an asset to the club and we the fans are the ones that will suffer. Mizer, you say that, and i know it happens because its happened when I've been singing them with you, but at least there was singing. The club fucked up at limiting their displays and moving them to the y was the final nail in their coffin. I appreciated the effort they put in despite not necessarily agreeing with their attitude at times.

Good post Jager. :thumbsup:

I think you are seriously undervaluing the time and effort these guys went to raising money, creating the flags, and being in the ground many hours before kick off hanging banners (not just their own) and preparing their displays.  And I think you are well wide of the mark saying "without giving anything appreciable back" IMHO.  But never mind, there will be fuck all now from now on!  :-\

My point is did the ultras raise more money for the club than they cost the club? i think not but please prove me wrong...

Sigma (and The Utd game alone yet to be proved...or never to be proved since the 'club' disbanded) seem to have been costly beyond anything a tin-rattling fund couldve raised...did they even have a tin-rattling fund? maybe...but did it match the thousands of pounds they cost the club? how about donstalk set up a a donation fund? we'll make more than those "honour& respect" weirdos would ever make.

how about we support the club instead of acknowedging these nobodies?

EDIT - instead of 'booing' me for this, do like I asked, prove that I'm wrong in suggesting the ultras cost Aberdeen FC more money than they made.

My point is did the ultras raise more money for the club than they cost the club? i think not but please prove me wrong...

Sigma (and The Utd game alone yet to be proved...or never to be proved since the 'club' disbanded) seem to have been costly beyond anything a tin-rattling fund couldve raised...did they even have a tin-rattling fund? maybe...but did it match the thousands of pounds they cost the club? how about donstalk set up a a donation fund? we'll make more than those "honour& respect" weirdos would ever make.

how about we support the club instead of acknowedging these nobodies?

Were the club not trying to on pass any fines to whoever the culprits were?  I don't know if they did or not.

Guest rocket debris

a) I didn't realise my negative karma was from the rocket-stalker. I'd not have reposted if I knew.

The riposte wasn't contentious. The suggestion was.

Somebody from the Ultras posted on Aberdeen Mad that the club ended up not getting fined for the Sigma flares after all.

Now if yer talking about small groups of "nobodies" costing the club thousands - how about the group called JMG and the hundreds of thousands their order to change the management team cost AFC plc.  Oh - wait a minute - they had fuck all to do with the management change - Oh  ;)

:lolabove:

It was me that booed Maverick Sheep - just because I can!  :wave:

I'm nae sure how much the fines were that the club picked up for Sigma but the club said they would chase for the money from the culprits.

I'm not aware of any other occasions where the club was fined for the Red Ultras setting off signalling devices.

Dnipro - not the red ultras.

Parkheid - nae fine dished oot and nae the red ultras anyway.

Dublin - not only the Red Ultras setting off flares.

Ironic yer getting yer blood pressure so elevated by something you think is worth ignoring?  ???

Now if yer talking about small groups of "nobodies" costing the club thousands - how about the group called JMG and the hundreds of thousands their order to change the management team cost AFC plc.  Oh - wait a minute - they had fuck all to do with the management change - Oh  ;)

hmmm

1st. ok. that's just mean!

2nd.  Do what makes you happy.

3rd. Well that was a little bit incoherent. Please name me any one person or group who cost AFC as much money as the Ultras did! I tried to like the ultras but they made it abundantly clear that they didn't need 'respect'. So they went bust. c'est la vie. why the worries? Cry me a river!

A guy died at the game this week but these juveniles are getting more attention than that...!

MMG!!!!

:thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned this debate over the death of the ultra's has been the most interesting thing about them. I can honestly say I really didn't give a shit about card displays, horns or big flags. That's not to say I dissaproved of them I just didn't give a shit.  I never really saw it as adding to the atmosphere, if the game was important enough/entertaining enough atmosphere takes car of itself. If its not no amount of big flags is going to change it. I respect the time they put into the ultra's, it bothers me not that they're not anymore. On the flipside at least they will get to have a few beers and watch the 1245 ko in the pub now.

Was in the RU for a number of years, less involved now, think the writing was on the wall standing with a group of 20 lads in the pissing rain against Dundee Utd in October thinking it wasn't meant to be like this :D That said some good times and whilst its the end of the RU can't see many of the group signing up for Granite City Reds etc so no doubt some fun still to be had yet, cheers.

Fa actually cares.................

All they are doing is jumping before being pushed - the same group of attention seekers will still be at the next game in the same place doing the same thing but without the flags.

Or will that be the end of people trying to "Create" an atmosphere now a singular group wont be getting the props for it?