Saturday 20th April 2024: Ā kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

šŸ”“āšŖļø Stand Free! āšŖļøšŸ”“

Good versus Evil part deux

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would said the vast majority of the red cards this season, shouldn't have been red cards had it been for a little common sense from the match officials.

Ā 

However, getting sent off for kicking somebody? That is petulance and unbelievably stupid regardless of the 'heat of the moment' etc.

we were murder today. Thought we came down looking for a draw which was the wrong attitude to have. Paton had a dud game. For the first time this season a red card towards one of our players was the correct decision.

Ā 

Anyone else see colonel gaddafi doing his part time job stewarding at HT

Reading the BBC red buttony thing makes it seem like McGhee's using Ifil as a scapegoat. Was a daft challenge but saying he spoiled our chances of getting back into the game is a bit rich considering with 11 our chances looked no better.

Ā 

Says he may have cost himself his place in the team but that's pretty harsh considering his over all performance this season and the fact that everyone in red was cheesy cock mess yesterday also.

Ā 

Maybe he's thinking since Ifil is suspended anyway he'll take the spotlight off the lads who could play next week and hope their heads don't drop, give Zander a couple of starts wi consi and then bring back the beast.

Ā 

Hope so because it would be shit if Mcghee just starts trying to deflect criticism. Tactics were pish and players were pish. end of.Ā  :-\

Interesting note on a certain other non-Dons website suggested that McGhee went to Parkhead with no intention of leaving with anything. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but lest ye forget who his first-choice club was before he came to Aberdeen.

Ā 

Ā 

Utter nonsense. That's the children's stuff.

Just watched the highlights.

Ā 

Ā 

First time I have seen highlights where we have not been shown in a single attacking move. Terrible stuff. We just can't keep our feet on the ground when we beat one half of the OF. Its embarrassing. One step forwards two steps back.

Ā 

Terrible stuff, we were gutless from start to finish.

Ā 

I hope McGhee drops Ifil, the lad is fuckin awful. Time and time again he punts the ball up to nobody, it's annoying at the best of times but against Celtic it's criminal.

Ā 

There were others out there who were very poor but Ifil was a stand out liability for me.

I hope McGhee drops Ifil, the lad is fuckin awful. Time and time again he punts the ball up to nobody, it's annoying at the best of times but against Celtic it's criminal.

Ā 

Very frustrating, when he was missing last week I thought we passed the ball really well from the back.

As poor a performance as I have seen at Parkhead for some time, and certainly the worst I have seen since we played Celtic first time round, perhaps even worse as atleast we "won" the 2nd half of that game.

Terrible formation. No fight,spririt or desire on show (we seemed to be trying to get through the game without making a tackle).Ā  First red card we've actually deserved, and then to top it off I hear the Fyvie went of injured (I was in the pub by this time).

Ā 

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office as we are much better than that.Ā  With so much of our game reliant on the kids it is perhaps inevitable we will suffer performances like this from time to time, and if we're going to play badly probably better to do it at Parkhead than against Hamilton or Hibs in the next few weeks.Ā  Biggest concern was the total absence of midfield.Ā  The formation had alot to do with that but perhaps we also missed Kerr badly in there.Ā  And although I'm not sure of the question I'm pretty sure McDonald ain't the answer.

Interesting note on a certain other non-Dons website suggested that McGhee went to Parkhead with no intention of leaving with anything. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but lest ye forget who his first-choice club was before he came to Aberdeen.

Ā 

>:D

Ā 

Ā 

Utter nonsense. That's the children's stuff.

Ā 

Seconded

Nah, it's all true, McGhee is a massive Celtic fan, he doesn't even like Aberdeen.

Ā 

I first though it when he came here and insisted that our new home top has white hoops on it.

It was confirmed to me when he then made our team do a pre-match huddle.

Ā 

He's trying to turn us into Celtic.

Ā 

::)

Gutted how poorly we played on saturday, bad day at the office all round :( Trying to look on the bright sad that some of our players havnt been to parkhead yet in a big game atmosphere - hopefully they will have taken some experiance from it and cope better next time!

Ā 

Back to winning ways this weekend, we are only a couple of wins off the pace get a couple of results before Christmas and get us back in the hunt :)

Gutted how poorly we played on saturday, bad day at the office all round :( Trying to look on the bright sad that some of our players havnt been to parkhead yet in a big game atmosphere - hopefully they will have taken some experiance from it and cope better next time!

Ā 

Back to winning ways this weekend, we are only a couple of wins off the pace get a couple of results before Christmas and get us back in the hunt :)

Ā 

Have to disagree with you there Stoney, the majority of that team had already played at Ibrox earlier in the season which I'm sure you'll agree is a lot more intimidating than Porkheid.Ā  There's no excuse for bottling it imo.

Ā 

I accept that some of the younger players can excused as inconsistency is part of the deal when bringing through youth.Ā  That said, Pawlett imo was our best player last Saturday!

Ā 

Have to disagree with you there Stoney, the majority of that team had already played at Ibrox earlier in the season which I'm sure you'll agree is a lot more intimidating than Porkheid.Ā  There's no excuse for bottling it imo.

Ā 

I accept that some of the younger players can excused as inconsistency is part of the deal when bringing through youth.Ā  That said, Pawlett imo was our best player last Saturday!

Ā 

Probably been true in 3/4 of the games he's played including the end of last season. If we had 10 outfield players with his effort and work rate we'd have nothing to complain about.