Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

EE: Aberdeen FC boss blasts Mackie’s boo brigade

McGhee hits out at fan’s ‘cowardly’ attack       

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 21/09/2009

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today hit out at the fan who launched a “cowardly†verbal attack on  Darren Mackie.

Striker Mackie received abuse from a fan sitting in Pittodrie’s Main Stand, near to the dug outs, as he prepared to come on as a substitute during their 1-0 SPL win over St Mirren.

McGhee was so enraged he turned towards the stand in an effort to seek out the culprit,  but failed to do so.

McGhee said: “For someone who I assume was an Aberdeen FC fan, to sling abuse at Darren in the manner they did before he had even crossed the line was a poor show.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Didn't he do something similar at Motherwell?

Most regurgitated AFC story? Or is it perhaps "Striker X targets Ibrox victory"?

Some people wouldn't like Darren Mackie if he scored 20 a season, won us the title and single-handedly solved the global credit crisis. Just do your speaking on the pitch, rather than rising to any abuse.

Would be nice if he could get onto the pitch to 'do his speaking' before he was abused though.

The lad is here to stay because about half a dozen managers have rated him.  The sooner the goons in our support accept that the better.

Would be nice if he could get onto the pitch to 'do his speaking' before he was abused though.

The lad is here to stay because about half a dozen managers have rated him.  The sooner the goons in our support accept that the better.

Thats never going to happen though, because he constantly under performs. You can't say he's not been on the pitch plenty of times before and every single time fails to live up to a modicum of expectation. Well done to him for actually winning us a free kick, but as a striker, he is woeful.

I just hope we don't see that headline Azteca! Makes me cringe. "Striker X Nets Dons Ibrox win" is much better :D

Fair point, he often looks mince, but each and every one of our players has crippling flaws. Thats why they play for us. At the end of the day, Mackie will run about, he will get in the oppo's faces and he will score goals. Until we find someone more prolific who's first touch is likely to stay within five yards of his instep, we might as well support him.

Fair point, he often looks mince, but each and every one of our players has crippling flaws. Thats why they play for us. At the end of the day, Mackie will run about, he will get in the oppo's faces and he will, ocasionally, very rarely, once in a blue moon, accidentaly (delete as appropriate) score goals. Until we find someone more prolific who's first touch is likely to stay within five yards of his instep, we might as well support him.

sorry, thought it needed a little work ;D

Are you seriously trying to tell me this wasn't deliberate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trN9qqVv9qk

The small-minded agendas people have here...

Problem is Azteca, he doesn't do it nearly enough! Its quite embarrassing we call him a striker to be honest. He has scored some crackers, no doubting it, but it just adds to the frustrations of the fans. How can he score goals like that and yet only score them once in a blue moon?

Problem is Azteca, he doesn't do it nearly enough! Its quite embarrassing we call him a striker to be honest. He has scored some crackers, no doubting it, but it just adds to the frustrations of the fans. How can he score goals like that and yet only score them once in a blue moon?

Neither can any of our other strikers, seemingly. I never thought I'd say this given my expectations and opinions on both players, but I genuinely believe Mackie's been better than Miller this season. Two different shades of shite admittedly, but how does that make Mackie more of a target?

Neither can any of our other strikers, seemingly. I never thought I'd say this given my expectations and opinions on both players, but I genuinely believe Mackie's been better than Miller this season. Two different shades of shite admittedly, but how does that make Mackie more of a target?

I think a lot of people are starting to get on Miller's case too. I certainly was at the Falkirk game. Up until Christmas, he was playing really well, hence his call up to the Scotland squad, but seems to think the effort he's put in since is sufficient. All stems from the lack of true and experienced competition and the lack of cahones by our manager to drop him. When was he last dropped out of interest?

The sooner thse lads and lassies win themselves the darwin award they've been training for the better.  ;)

Fair point, he often looks mince, but each and every one of our players has crippling flaws. Thats why they play for us. At the end of the day, Mackie will run about, he will get in the oppo's faces and he will score goals. Until we find someone more prolific who's first touch is likely to stay within five yards of his instep, we might as well support him.

I agree with that min. All our players are inconsistent in this day and age.

One thing I remember about Saturday is that Fyvie was stripped and ready to come on, and all of a sudden he was putting his tracksuit on, and Mackie was coming on instead - wonder if this had anything to do with the fan abuse.

Anyway, he came on and helped win the game.

Is this year not his glamour testimonial season?  I hear its Inter Milan that are coming over...

One thing I remember about Saturday is that Fyvie was stripped and ready to come on, and all of a sudden he was putting his tracksuit on, and Mackie was coming on instead - wonder if this had anything to do with the fan abuse.

Anyway, he came on and helped win the game.

Is this year not his glamour testimonial season?  I hear its Inter Milan that are coming over...

It was more todo with Aluko getting cramp, Mackie on for him as opposed to Fyvie who was coming on for McDonald I think.

I read in one paper today - nae sure which - that McGhee said it was now open season on the players and he could understand their frustrations. He said he thought the team got an easy time of it after the Dundee FC game. McGhee can sometimes come across as a two-faced arse.

That isn't being two faced atall, it's more to do with "a time and place" you know, the abuse Mackie got was un called for, FFS he had just been stripped and away to go on, the other night most of the guys played for the whole game and put in a gutless performance.