Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Aberdeen vs St. Mirren (19/09/09)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say so aye, we were poor but wasn't that poor, St Mirren are better than Dundee so to say that is just plain silly.

Ā 

I'll be surprised and relieved if we get past Dundee. No doubt McGhee will revert to 4-3-3 for that game though since it's against lower league opposition. We have shown absolutely no signs of improvement in the last few games and we're surely going to struggle against top 6 teams.

I'd say so aye, we were poor but wasn't that poor, St Mirren are better than Dundee so to say that is just plain silly.

Ā 

I would say Dundee are better than St Mirren. I know a St Mirren fan who goes to most games and unusually never went yesterday as he was he was convinced they would lose as they have been playing not great and their haul of 5 points have been 'unwarranted'. Dundee have undoubtedly underperformed so far this season and if they pull together will pose a real threat.

Bit of an exageration, who was that from, Jute?

Ā 

No I actually think we will beat Dundee as my brother assures me they are worse than us. However it was murder on Saturday. We struggled to beat a very poor St Mirren side. The only time we looked like scoring was from set pieces or when Aluko had the ball. Our midfield creats nothing from open play without Aluko being involved. We will struggle against any team that actually attacks us. Good few of the St Mirren fans on P&B saying worst Dons team they have seen beat them on Saturday.

Hard to be dissapointed, nice win in a game we would have lost / drawn at this time last year, Guess some people will be harder to win over than others.

Ā 

By this time last season we had already lost three home games, so think there are signs of improvment.

Ā 

In last seasons match there were less than 9500 in the crowd, so looks like we are attracting people back.

Ā 

Just takes time to sort out the shambles left behind. Defence looks solid enough - even without our best defender, still lacking in midfield and age old problem of getting goals but once the players get used to playing the system im sure things will click into place .

Ā 

Feeling good about taking something at Ibrox. At least we know we will be playing to our own strengths and not changing everything to accomodate the opposition.

Ā 

Ā 

Hard to be dissapointed, nice win in a game we would have lost / drawn at this time last year, Guess some people will be harder to win over than others.

Ā 

By this time last season we had already lost three home games, so think there are signs of improvment.

Ā 

In last seasons match there were less than 9500 in the crowd, so looks like we are attracting people back.

Ā 

Just takes time to sort out the shambles left behind. Defence looks solid enough - even without our best defender, still lacking in midfield and age old problem of getting goals but once the players get used to playing the system im sure things will click into place .

Ā 

Feeling good about taking something at Ibrox. At least we know we will be playing to our own strengths and not changing everything to accomodate the opposition.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Mug.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I seriously doubt the crowd on Saturday was more than 9,500. Place was empty even with most folk getting in for a fiver. I do not know where the offical crowd figure came from. I also heard several people say on Saturday that they will not be back due to football on display being so bad.

Ā 

As for Ibrox I have never been so glad to be out the country when we have a game. Huns will be hurting after last two games and looking to get fans back on side. What better way to that than giving us a roasting. Have seen nothing from us to suggest anything other than yet another defeat.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

wibbleblackadder.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

???

Scotland International Keeper.

Ā 

Defence is solid as fuck

Ā 

Midfield will come good.

Ā 

We will always need new strikers

Ā 

The quicker Zander's back the better, Considine was woeful on Saturday (particularly in the first half).

Ā 

And saying something "will come good" does not represent a current strength.

Stoney, that is pish and you know it. Our midfield has been woeful so far this season and has actually been regressing in quality and potential rather than striving forward. Our defence is ok, and luckily have a decent keeper, but that aside, we're fucked because we have a midfield that know nothing of how to actually pass tha ball to a team mate (Fyvie aside) and a strike force who are as potent as a eunuch.

You can slag the team / boss all you want.

Ā 

The team are doing well and things are looking brighter for seasons to come with young players stepping up to the plate and the old dross getting shipped out.

Ā 

Like i said under calderwood - i would take one season of less than startling stuff if it meant getting youngstars up to speed and first team experiance..............

Ā 

I have my wish, i just hope im right.

Ā 

Youth is the future of the club and under the previous regime we were standing still.

Stoney, you are deluded if you think this is better fair than anything we've seen over the past 5 years. At least after last years bad start there was an expectation that we would come good. I don't have that expectation this season and feel that our results fail to paper over the glaring deficiencies in our performances except for the extremely foolish or deluded such as yourself.