Saturday 20th April 2024: Ā kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

šŸ”“āšŖļø Stand Free! āšŖļøšŸ”“

Aberdeen vs St. Mirren (19/09/09)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazingly we are now above united, how did that happen?

Ā 

Im not compaining, if it stays like that for the rest of the season im up ƂĀ£20

Ā 

Some twat in the row in front of me was giving Gallacher needless abuse for some reason. I now he's one of the few arab rejects that werent good enough to play for us but he was going livid for no reason. He must of shagged his girlfriend or mum. Gallacher just smiled back at them and just told him to calm down.

Ā 

Was saying just before the goal to my mate that it was the wrong side for Mulgrew. I was proved wrong thankfully

Not sure, but his Italian cousin played for West Ham today... Alessandro Diamonti.

Ā 

:lolabove:

Ā 

Mark Kerr was shocking today and thank f**k for mulgrew's goal. Well done on Langfields clean sheet spree, he's been no doubt the best keeper in the SPL so far this season.

Ā 

He was shocking on Monday as well. Not the type of performances we need to be seeing from our captain. I was very impressed with Langfield on Monday as well so glad to hear it sounds like he's carried it through to this game.

Ā 

Ā 

He was shocking on Monday as well. Not the type of performances we need to be seeing from our captain. I was very impressed with Langfield on Monday as well so glad to hear it sounds like he's carried it through to this game.

Ā 

He was shocking last season too but for some reason it's only now he's captain that folk are noticing.

Personally thought he was good last season, tackled well, passed well (for the most part) and worked like fuck. Now that's all gone.

Ā 

Once or twice max I thought he looked ok last season (as opposed to zero times this) but generally I couldn't believe the hype. He often went unnoticed for the waste of space he was because people were only focussing on the usual suspects for abuse. This season being a new era means each person is under renewed scrutiny so old problems look like they're new. That's my personal view anyway.

Ā 

Although, ignoring his actual ability and concentrating on attitude alone I'd agree there has been a big decline. Pish is pish though even if it's trying hard as fuck to be strathmore.

Ā 

2nd edit - that wasn't to say you were abusing anyone by the way padre. i've had a few vinos so may not be quite coherent. ya ken?

3 points are 3 points, football was dire but job done, another clean sheet, 4th in a row aswell which is fantastic.

Ā 

Sorry mini, but look who they were against?!?Ā  Hardly testing teams, and especially since the team let in a ridiculous amount of goals in the first few games i'd expect nothing less. What worries me most is that we're not exactly setting the heather alight here and i'm not seeing any improvement on the entertainment on offer....

Sorry mini, but look who they were against?!?Ā  Hardly testing teams, and especially since the team let in a ridiculous amount of goals in the first few games i'd expect nothing less. What worries me most is that we're not exactly setting the heather alight here and i'm not seeing any improvement on the entertainment on offer....

A clean sheet is a clean sheet, people were singing the praises of langfield last year when he got 12 so why change yer tune now?Ā  I agree that we really havn't set the heather alight yet but we are at a "finding our feet" stage and things seem to be coming in to shape rather nicely.

A clean sheet is a clean sheet, people were singing the praises of langfield last year when he got 12 so why change yer tune now?Ā  I agree that we really havn't set the heather alight yet but we are at a "finding our feet" stage and things seem to be coming in to shape rather nicely.

Ā 

Don't worry, i'm still singing the praises of Langfield so far. Without doubt he kept us in the game against Falkirk. Some of those stops were phenomenal. I'm just wary that its against teams that aren't really testing and once we actually play against a team with any quality (see Celtic) they get pumped. This is not due to the defence or keeper, but more to the midfield leaving them exposed.

Ā 

How are things 'coming into shape rather nicely'? We dont look as though we could score in a barrel of fannies,our midfield is largely anonymous, our strikers ineffectual and all of this against some of the shittest teams in the league. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what looks so good from your perspective other than the clean sheets??