Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Just In From The Match Thread...

It was his fucking fault we were so annoyed.  :hammer:

So it was McGhee's fault that he has Young, Duff, Maguire, Mackie and Considine in his squad? It was McGhee's fault that he couldn't afford his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th choice signings?

Get a grip, min. We fielded an Aberdeen side that had lost three first-team players and gained only one. We happened to play the team that were not only pipped to the SPL title on the final day last season, but have spent close to eight figures hiring a Premiership-class manager and building a squad that they hope will NOT be beaten to the title this season.

At least McGhee figured out early doors that Duff was being skinned at every opportunity and decided to, firstly, move him up the park and, secondly, take him off completely. I doubt we'll see Duff play very much in the future tbh.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was McGhee's fault that he has Young, Duff, Maguire, Mackie and Considine in his squad? It was McGhee's fault that he couldn't afford his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th choice signings?

Get a grip, min. We fielded an Aberdeen side that had lost three first-team players and gained only one. We happened to play the team that were not only pipped to the SPL title on the final day last season, but have spent close to eight figures hiring a Premiership-class manager and building a squad that they hope will NOT be beaten to the title this season.

At least McGhee figured out early doors that Duff was being skinned at every opportunity and decided to, firstly, move him up the park and, secondly, take him off completely. I doubt we'll see Duff play very much in the future tbh.

Duff was rotten in both Sigma games and in the two friendlies that I saw but still played on Saturday so would not bet against seeing him again. So far not been to impressed with McGhee.

Same players let Mcghee down that were letting Jimmy down last season, differance was Jimmy chose to have those players at the club, Seen the differance a couple of hungry players in the team can do against hull, think we missed a trick in not signed another if not three of them.

It's McGhee's team now he chose to come to Aberdeen knowing these players were at the club and it is him who has played them out of position and in Duff's case continued to do so for 3 games - it is also him who has spectacularly failed to motivate them in any comepetive game so far and him that has not got his arse in gear to sign any decent replacements since he arrrived at the club 2 fucking months ago

He is starting to remind me of Paterson already  >:(

It's McGhee's team now he chose to come to Aberdeen knowing these players were at the club and it is him who has played them out of position and in Duff's case continued to do so for 3 games - it is also him who has spectacularly failed to motivate them in any comepetive game so far and him that has not got his arse in gear to sign any decent replacements since he arrrived at the club 2 fucking months ago

He is starting to remind me of Paterson already  >:(

Drunk?

;)

Think the Hamilton game is huge for McGhee now, in terms of winning over the fans.  They are a club who, like us, have lost key players over the summer. They're also a club Aberdeen FC should be beating on a regular basis.  

Hopefully he's now learned not to play Duff at RB again.  I'd rather see a 16 year old Right back from the youth team put in that position.

One of the biggest criticisms of Jimmy Calderwood was playing people out of position. Hopefully McGhee wont fall into the same trap again.

Season starts on Saturday at New Douglas Park.

Think the Hamilton game is huge for McGhee now, in terms of winning over the fans.  They are a club who, like us, have lost key players over the summer. They're also a club Aberdeen FC should be beating on a regular basis.  

Hopefully he's now learned not to play Duff at RB again.  I'd rather see a 16 year old Right back from the youth team put in that position.

One of the biggest criticisms of Jimmy Calderwood was playing people out of position. Hopefully McGhee wont fall into the same trap again.

Season starts on Saturday at New Douglas Park.

Pretty much, they have to put the past couple of weeks out their heads now and get on with it. McGhee has to learn from his mistakes, which from Saturday didn't look to be the case  :hammer:

It's the same team that were capable of actually competing last season, this season they wont even put in a fucking challenge. It's like watching a completely different team. Who's fault that is that? IT'S MARK FUCKING MCGHEE'S FAULT. We haven't changed since that dreadful game against Dundee, the style of play and the mistakes made are all the same despite McGhee wanking on about having learned more about the team and what needs to be addressed. He hasn't learned one fucking thing.

He better have it sorted for the Hamilton game. He's turning us into a laughing stock again.

Whilst I'm as annoyed as anyone about our first 3 competetive performances I think "turning us into a laughing stick again" is jumping the gun a bit mate.

I'll only start worrying if we are still playing this badly around October time.

If he doesn't start addressing the problems we'll be looking for a new manager in October.

Guest ally s

It's the same team that were capable of actually competing last season, this season they wont even put in a fucking challenge. It's like watching a completely different team. Who's fault that is that? IT'S MARK FUCKING MCGHEE'S FAULT. We haven't changed since that dreadful game against Dundee, the style of play and the mistakes made are all the same despite McGhee wanking on about having learned more about the team and what needs to be addressed. He hasn't learned one fucking thing.

He better have it sorted for the Hamilton game. He's turning us into a laughing stock again.

Whilst I'm as annoyed as anyone about our first 3 competetive performances I think "turning us into a laughing stock again" is jumping the gun a bit mate.

I'll only start worrying if we are still playing this badly around October time.

not got his arse in gear to sign any decent replacements since he arrrived at the club 2 fucking months ago

Bullshit. He has been working his best to try to get the likes of Hughes, He tried his best to negotiate deals for Hughes, Paterson and Maclean. Hell, he even missed one of our pre-season matches to go to Paris to try to thrash out a deal with Reda Johnson.

As Willie Miller stated towards the end of July, Aberdeen and the SPL in general is no longer an attractive option for players. The SPL's talented players have gone to Championship teams. The SPL's half-decent players have gone to League One teams. All we can hope for is to try to pick up the best of League Two equivalent players. Even then, we are struggling to match the wages of some League Two sides.

This is not McGhee's fault. But then, you wouldn't see this as your knives are already out for him.

Bullshit. He has been working his best to try to get the likes of Hughes, He tried his best to negotiate deals for Hughes, Paterson and Maclean. Hell, he even missed one of our pre-season matches to go to Paris to try to thrash out a deal with Reda Johnson.

As Willie Miller stated towards the end of July, Aberdeen and the SPL in general is no longer an attractive option for players. The SPL's talented players have gone to Championship teams. The SPL's half-decent players have gone to League One teams. All we can hope for is to try to pick up the best of League Two equivalent players. Even then, we are struggling to match the wages of some League Two sides.

This is not McGhee's fault. But then, you wouldn't see this as your knives are already out for him.

Not one single person on this forum believed for one single minute that Hughes would sign for us and the other 2 were way out of our league wages wise - that is McGhee's fault for trying to negotiate deals that were never gonna take off

I saw the team on Saturday that was more than enough to convince me we have a long slog ahead of us

Not one single person on this forum believed for one single minute that Hughes would sign for us

Hmmm. A very quick search found this ...

Closure, thank fuck.

Roll on 2pm.

Hopefully get Hughes signed between now and then

I thought we'd get him too. So that's two people for starters.

I saw the team on Saturday that was more than enough to convince me we have a long slog ahead of us

You give up too easily. Like I've already said since the defeat, we played the league's strongest side, who have just hired a Premiership-class manager and several £multi-million signings.

If you put yer toys back in the pram during the second half, you would've seen that we actually played some decent football. Whether or not Celtic took their foot off the gas, they were still the same 18 players selected by Tony Mowbray to get the club off to a winning start.

Remember, our much-heralded 4-2 win over Celtic last season came when they were definitely not firing on all cylinders! You wouldn't dare devalue that win, would you? There's ten other clubs in the SPL that get to play this season. I reckon we're gonna do alright.

Clearly you think otherwise, but that's the difference between a glass-half-full supporter and a glass-half-empty supporter.

Sorry, but we do have a problem.

We have no new attacking/midfield options and we scored woefully tew goals last season. We have no-one "new-for-the-opposition-to-figure-out"

We have 1 new defender who refs have already booked for fuck all.

Now I am an optimist (I'd fucking ha' to be ::)) but unless there are some magic kids waiting in thee wings, we need someone else signed just to help create a chance or 2.

We still need at least 2 signings before the window shuts. A right back and a right mid.

I wish I shared your optimism reekie, but I just can't. We have serious problems in the team and I don't think we looked up for it at all on Saturday. Yes we were outplayed by a superior Celtic side but it was the distinct lack of effort/cohesion and passion which worried me.

We've wasted far too much time chasing signings that weren't going to be pulled off but what is important that the club rallies round and starts the season properly on Saturday. They'll need to show infinitely more passion and desire to beat Hamilton and I hope they realise this.

If you put yer toys back in the pram during the second half, you would've seen that we actually played some decent football. 

I'd say this is generous in the extreme.....

I'd also fully agree with Hebrew, seems as if McGhee has wasted valuable time persuing signings that we would enver have been able to afford, and it looks like we're suffering for it now.  Not been impressed so far at all, and thats not being negative, or glass half empty, thats being realistic sorry!

Seems like we've pissed away a fortune and ended up worse off for it, still hoping to be proved wrong though, although as yet there have been no signs of that happening!

You managed to start and finish with the same substance RR.

Just when in the last 5 years or perhaps longer, has the SPL been an attractive option for players?

McGhee has his team and he knew what he was inheriting. Just as crucially so did the board of directors who were willing to shell out nearly a million to make the change. Also, so were the main idiots promoting McGhee as some sort of sainted master of black arts who could extract more from the existing team.

That sentiment has seemingly changed to one where it is still Calderwood's responsibility that McGhee canny see Duff is a non-starter at RB. But hey, he changed it and then took the guy off, so that's good eh? Jesus wept.

We were diabolical on Saturday, lacking composure, organisation, determination and quality but I gather that is something that has not changed much in McGhee's tenure.

Jimmy must go, this sort of pish is unacceptable.

Hmmm. A very quick search found this ...

I thought we'd get him too. So that's two people for starters.

You give up too easily. Like I've already said since the defeat, we played the league's strongest side, who have just hired a Premiership-class manager and several £multi-million signings.

If you put yer toys back in the pram during the second half, you would've seen that we actually played some decent football. Whether or not Celtic took their foot off the gas, they were still the same 18 players selected by Tony Mowbray to get the club off to a winning start.

Remember, our much-heralded 4-2 win over Celtic last season came when they were definitely not firing on all cylinders! You wouldn't dare devalue that win, would you? There's ten other clubs in the SPL that get to play this season. I reckon we're gonna do alright.

Clearly you think otherwise, but that's the difference between a glass-half-full supporter and a glass-half-empty supporter.

Well the very same Glasgowdon was sitting next to me at the game on Saturday and said much worse about the team than me but hey you obviously value his opinion  ::)

Every team we play will be taking their foot off the gas in the 2nd half if we continue to ship goals like we have been..............

My next match is Falkirk away - now will I be at the match willing the team to play shite cause I am a glass half-empty supporter  or will I be hoping they play well and score lots of goals  ???

Well the very same Glasgowdon was sitting next to me at the game on Saturday and said much worse about the team than me but hey you obviously value his opinion  ::)

I didn't quote GD regarding the current team. I quoted him because he was one person on this board that thought we'd sign Hughes.

I didn't quote GD regarding the current team. I quoted him because he was one person on this board that thought we'd sign Hughes.

I did actually get that...............................you were looking for someone to back up your point and so was I it just happened to be the same guy  :wave:

There was no way Hughes was going to come to Aberdeen - only a feel bam would have thought he would  :P

These same feel bams probably think we're going to make some signings before the transfer window shuts and also think someone would actually want to buy any of our players.

Thank you Jager  :thumbsup:

On a tangent from this debate - how lucky was that celtic fan that turned round and celebrated in front in section Y after the first goal that everyone knew they were being filmed by the police. Otherwise he would have been battered and probably his mates who tried to defend his actions.