Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Captain?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would we all put forward as likely candidates?  Jamie Langfield, Alexander Diamond and Mark Kerr would be the top three, maybe throw in Lee Miller and Gary McDonald.  I don't think there's really anyone else.

It may well be one of the players he brings in.  Jim Paterson or Stephen Hughes aren't really captain material are they?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would we all put forward as likely candidates?  Jamie Langfield, Alexander Diamond and Mark Kerr would be the top three, maybe throw in Lee Miller and Gary McDonald.  I don't think there's really anyone else.

It may well be one of the players he brings in.  Jim Paterson or Stephen Hughes aren't really captain material are they?

Precisely and of those, the potential signings included, Diamond is probably the best shout. I have serious misgivings about his composure but I'd like to think, as BB said, that being captain would temper that.

Unless McGhee has a centre back in mind that would carry enough authoritah to be able to step into the captain's shoes.

As a thought, if Smith was fit enough to play regular, I think he would make a superb captain.  :thumbsup:

That's a very fair shout. Would be a good role model and would likely lead by example. You don't have to be a shouter to lead. Unfortunately theres not a chance of this in reality.

That's a very fair shout. Would be a good role model and would likely lead by example. You don't have to be a shouter to lead. Unfortunately theres not a chance of this in reality.

Agreed. Try telling all the fuds that berrated Russell for that very reason that.  ::)

Agreed. Try telling all the fuds that berrated Russell for that very reason that.  ::)

Best captain i've ever had was calm as fuck. If he made a mistake and you mentioned it he would apologise and make sure it never happened again. Encouraged everyone without screaming like fuck and managed to get his point across well. Could imagine it'd be the same for players at the top level too.

• 4 weeks later...

He'd do no worse than Seve if I'm honest atleast he is vocal and his main contribution since coming back has been his ability to point all of the time.

Thats not the point though. I don't think he should be in the 1st XI, and with this revelation, means that he will be a starter. I know I'm not the manager, but in my opinion he isn't one of our strongest players, not someone the fans look up to, and doesn't strike me as captain material....I'd feel a little hard done by if I was Diamond.