Fixtures Season 2009/2010

Who's wanting who for the first game of the season? Im hoping for St Johnstone or them from Govan away as I have the day off work. In fact anyone away will do me fine but those 2 would be my first choices. If its a home game hopefully United. Dont know why but I'd like to see them being first up here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had an "easy" home game last season

I'll go for a tricky home game, maybe vs Hibs.

Was just thinking that.  Mind you, different scenario to last year as there should be a bit of "optimism" (ish) about the place going into a new season - fresh start and all that with McGhee.

Seem to remember Jimmy's first game was at home to the Huns...

Where did you hear that?

"I will love it if we beat them...love it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8090098.stm

and

Former Aberdeen and St Mirren manager Alex Smith is being lined up as director of football at Falkirk. (Daily Express)

Youth coach Eddie May will be named Falkirk manager, with Steven Pressley as his assistant later this week. (The Scotsman)

Alex Smith would be a mentor to Eddie May and Steven Pressley should they become the management team at Falkirk Stadium. (Daily Star)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8102237.stm

Was just thinking that.  Mind you, different scenario to last year as there should be a bit of "optimism" (ish) about the place going into a new season - fresh start and all that with McGhee.

Seem to remember Jimmy's first game was at home to the Huns...

Aye, a top six team at home would be good. Get the stadium packed oot on a bonny sunny day.

Away day to Perth would be good. Day on the piss in town that I have not been to in a while hopefully in the summer sunshine.

Somebody on mad is saying that on hibs.net that a source says we will be at Perth first day. Got a feeling this rumour may not be 100% accurate for some reason.

(can somebody also text me the first few games as Im on the road today  :thumbsup:)

Sounds good.

You heading to any of the Europa games?

Not sure, gambled with my annual leave in that I didn't think we were going to qualify. I'm headed to Vojvodina on holiday the day after the night of the second leg of the qualifier. If we get them and the second leg is away I'll be arriving whilst everyone else is buggering off.