Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What in the name of Christ are you on about you gormless halfwit?

How can we make an arse of the whole support if only 6 folk turned up as tubes like you are claiming? Where did you see anybody saying the whole support was being represented? How did the protest affect anything that happened on the pitch? How does me turning up to games and cheering them on for 90 minutes equate to me turning my back on the team?

Or is all this just penis envy?

If you turned up to protest (still find that bit funny "protest", lmao) then you are a tube. You and the few others that were really hundreds eh? Made a mockery of  AFC.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Black was to be honest, although I've always thought he was maybe a bit beyond our reach due to his cushy job down south. McGhee was a close second. Did a really good job on very little money at Motherwell and thought the way he handled himself around the time of the O'Donnell tragedy was exemplary.

In other words, I think he can do good where the previous manager failed.

Certainly Top 4 is what we should be looking at, depending on how we do in the other competitions. The knives won't be out from me if we're fifth, the attitude of the manager and way we go about things will be a big factor in how well the new guy does for Aberdeen.

We could draw Rangers and Celtic away in the 4th round of both cups and be out, but then we could get to the semis of both and lost to Partick and Morton. As I've said, it's clear what a meek cup exit is and what an "understandable" cup exit is.

It completely depends, I'd be very sceptical if he was the typical of the "big" signing under McGhee but if he had his role in the team and it functioned well with him there then I'd have little problem with that.

To put it another way, I'd start to have a problem if McGhee saw good things in his signings that the rest of the fans just couldn't see (e.g what Calderwood saw in the likes of Young)

I cant argue with a couple of your points, but are you telling me none of Mark McGhee's Motherwell cup exits could be described as 'meek'?  And you think he can do a good job where Jimmy 'failed'?  Where's that then?  Coming 7th?

Envious of a penis like you?

You are the halfwit that was ripped to pieces in the media.

Ripped to pieces in the media? A couple of mocking lines in the tabloids for about a day?

Bet Gordon Brown is looking at the clippings right now and thanking his lucky stars he's nae in my shoes  :-[

If you turned up to protest (still find that bit funny "protest", lmao) then you are a tube. You and the few others that were really hundreds eh? Made a mockery of  AFC.

That were really hundreds? Pardon?

Now you tell us, if only you'd have told me before that a couple of folk on here would've had us down as tubes then we wouldn't have bothered.

It made a mockery of AFC? Completely understand the point of view we might have made a mockery of ourselves, but I really don't see how it goes further than the 3 of us or whatever that turned up.

I wanted Jimmy to go. Jimmy is gone. I am happy. End of.

I cant argue with a couple of your points, but are you telling me none of Mark McGhee's Motherwell cup exits could be described as 'meek'?  And you think he can do a good job where Jimmy 'failed'?  Where's that then?  Coming 7th?

I think he could do better with the chances he has at Aberdeen than he did at Motherwell. I honestly couldn't see him bottling the tactics as we did when we went ahead at East End Park, and I think he'd have taken advantage of the favourable draw that we got last season. Or to put it another way, if McGhee had a QoS moment then you can be sure there wouldn't be a repeat of it the following year.

McGhee can create a defence that can stand up to pressure, not have faith in players who clearly aren't good enough, not be completely clueless tactically that his own players mock him for them, identify players from a wider pool and use the budget more wisely and he can have a relationship with the fans based on mutual respect - not based on him acting like he's doing us a favour by being here.

In short, I believe he can do better with what he has than the previous manager did.

So you admit he made an arse of you?

You may have thought you didn't represent the whole support but in the eyes of the media you did.

Who? Yes? No?

The eyes of the media we didn't, wherever it was reported it was down as a rebel group of Aberdeen fans or whatever. In any case, the fact that -58 people turned up to the protest would maybe indicate it wasn't representative of every Aberdeen fan.

McGhee can create a defence that can stand up to pressure, not have faith in players who clearly aren't good enough, not be completely clueless tactically that his own players mock him for them, identify players from a wider pool and use the budget more wisely and he can have a relationship with the fans based on mutual respect - not based on him acting like he's doing us a favour by being here.

You have no evidence whatsoever for any of that.

In short, I believe he can do better with what he has than the previous manager did.

Nothing wrong with that. I fervently hope he does.  :thumbsup:

I think he could do better with the chances he has at Aberdeen than he did at Motherwell. I honestly couldn't see him bottling the tactics as we did when we went ahead at East End Park, and I think he'd have taken advantage of the favourable draw that we got last season. Or to put it another way, if McGhee had a QoS moment then you can be sure there wouldn't be a repeat of it the following year.

In 2007/08 Scottish cup, Motherwell lost to 9 man Dundee in the 5th round.

In 2008/09 Scottish cup, Motherwell saw off Inverurie Locos before losing to St Mirren in the 5th round.

Inspirational stuff.

You have no evidence whatsoever for any of that.

You're quite right and a lot of it is based on my opinion from what I've seen from afar at Motherwell, I'm sure there are a few Motherwell fans who could disagree with that. The last bit though, I've said before that I was impressed by McGhee's handling of certain situations at Motherwell like O'Donnell and I think the cut of his jib has always impressed me.

Jimmy didn't seem to have the same decorum about him, although I'll concede that he wouldn't have been afforded the same inital respct that McGhee will.

In 2007/08 Scottish cup, Motherwell lost to 9 man Dundee in the 5th round.

In 2008/09 Scottish cup, Motherwell saw off Inverurie Locos before losing to St Mirren in the 5th round.

Inspirational stuff.

I was trying to stay away from McGhee's recent cup record as it clearly stands as a colossal achievement next to that of Calderwood's.

I'm sure there are a few Motherwell fans who could disagree with that.

And you would be on the fucking button with that.

McGhee has an abysmal record in the cups.

I could care less about decorum however media friendly it may be and however much pandering to some malcontent fans he wishes to indulge in.

And you would be on the fucking button with that.

McGhee has an abysmal record in the cups.

I could care less about decorum however media friendly it may be and however much pandering to some malcontent fans he wishes to indulge in.

His cup record is possibly excusable because his team had the distraction of a mid season relegation battle to contend with.

As long as we are stil top 3 or 4 at the end of the season and made at least 1 cup final then I think thats about the best we can hope for, although to win everything is what we all want its not gonna happen

As for Europe, as long as we stay in longer than the halfwits from Gorgie then ill be happy with that

Where is the "tipping point" for you then?

Where does the dividing line exist between an acceptable cup exit and an unacceptable one?

A defeat against a Rangers or a Celtic shouldn't exactly seen as "acceptable" but depending on the circumstances is possibly understandable.

Again, a top 6ish team beating us would certainly be disappointing, but could be less disappointing depending on the circumstances (injuries, how we were doing in other competitions etc), bottom 6 fodder would always be unnaceptable too.

What was clear to me is that several clearly unnacceptable cup exits (QoS, QP, Dunfermline, 4-1 rapings at Easter Road and Tannadice) became to large in number and indicated a problem at managment level.

and indicated a problem at managment level.

That is complete nonsense.

One off games suggest a problem with management but 38 game seasons don't?

So defeat against the old firm is unacceptable. Defeat against a bottom 6 team is unacceptable. Defeat against a top 6 ish (What is that when a bottom six team is unacceptable?) is "less dissappointing".

Effectively, what you are saying is that defeat in the cups is unacceptable and dissappointing.

What circumstances make it more or less dissappointing? For example, if we are struggling in the league, would that make it more acceptable?

I reckon if we are struggling in the league it definitely less acceptable.