Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Setanta

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cancelled mine and had to email them with a reference number they provide via their call centre. Pretty simple really, don't know what the fuss and problem is for everyone else, but would suggest everybody cancels until we know what's going on.  :

Ok Murdoch.

If everybody cancells, they'll go bust. If everybody goes to sign up right now, they'll hopefully be saved, competition is a great thing.

Says on the beeb website that up to 3 spl clubs could go into admin if setanta doesnt pay up.  I wonder who they would be?  Probably st mirren, killmarnock and falkirk i would have thought.  Would be bad for the league if they did but on the flip side might mean we could get andy dorman on the cheap.  Wouldnt mind that taoul boy from killie either

Are St mirren not ok after selling their ground?

Thought that was part of the deal.

I'd like it better if it were rangers celtic and hearts of course ;D

I didn't think St Mirren had any debt now. Hamilton have got no crowds and a premier wage bill so could be them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8090633.stm

Would-be customers who attempted to subscribe to Setanta through its website were on Tuesday told that it was not possible because of "routine maintenance". Meanwhile anybody trying to subscribe by phone receives a recorded message saying that "The service is temporarily out of order".

Would-be customers?  Are they mad?  :o

here these cheeky bastards took two payments of £12.99 off me this month i have just noticed. Anyone else have this? Cunts! And what happens now? Do all my setanta channels just switch off at midnight? I like that espn america etc. Any ideas?should i just cancel my direct debit and see what happens?

here these cheeky bastards took two payments of £12.99 off me this month i have just noticed. Anyone else have this? Cunts! And what happens now? Do all my setanta channels just switch off at midnight? I like that espn america etc. Any ideas?should i just cancel my direct debit and see what happens?

You could try phoning them up?  If they go bust you've lost your money

According to the BEEB, some Russian is offering Setanta £20 million to buy them some time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8097421.stm

Not the best news. If he is only offering around half of the cash required to save them then he is obviously hoping to screw current creditors into accepting reduced amounts as a 'better than nothing' offer. Sounds like the kind of guy who will come in and take ownership at a knock down price and then fuck some shit up for his own gain. Struggling to see what gain there is though.

Setanta is not a viable proposition no matter how you cook it. They were late into the market with their product and BSkyB, with an early entry have established the platform that makes all the cash. Any PPV set up who are hoping to use their platform are going to struggle to offer the same product (in this case EPL football) at a competitive rate. Its a shit business model and it will eventually fail. I'm fucked if I know why anyone would invest in it. Much better to wait until they go to the wall and pick up their packages in the resulting fire sale as the rights resort back to the client. This is going to go South. ND.

Will just cancel the DD on my internet banking service when it goes tits up, glad I never used a card!

Someone decent better pick up their UFC coverage, its the only reason I'm a subscriber in the first place. will no doubt be sky on ppv though

you could get a couple of mates to roll around in their boxers on your living room floor, save a bit of cash?