Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Setanta

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are these clubs ?

Hibs, Helen and Motherwell are all reportedly debt free are they not ?

OF are unlikely to be dependant on TV money.

Killie are probably pretty fucked, Falkirk ? Hamilton ? UTD ? Us ?

Why the fuck do the SPL have a spare £3million just sitting about?

I'm sure they don't but have to move to protect their member clubs short term.

Someone on Mad is saying ESPN might be in for the rights.

Who are these clubs ?

Hibs, Helen and Motherwell are all reportedly debt free are they not ?

OF are unlikely to be dependant on TV money.

Killie are probably pretty fucked, Falkirk ? Hamilton ? UTD ? Us ?

When I read it I figured Hearts, Rangers and Utd. Granted Rangers was maybe slightly hopeful and based on them desperately trying to flog a player in Jan and it did say "Top" SPL club. Might explain why the SPL were so quick to dip into their pockets though??

The payouts were end of season lump sums due by Setanta relative to league position, est. between 150K and 300K to each SPL team.

Journos reported that 3 teams would be in serious trouble - hard to see how a payment of up to just 300K could put a club under.

Surely not one of Top 6.

Kilmarnock - in massive debt - surely one of the threatened teams.

Falkirk - releasing loads of players but statement today advised still have budget available for playing staff.

Motherwell- administration once and their pitch surely needs a lot of cash thrown at it to repair.

Hearts- who knows ? surely 300k is a drop in the ocean compared to the other £30 million or so they owe.

Us - we wouldnt be shelling out to get rid of managerial staff if we were reliant on these funds.

Hamilton - ????

St Mirren - ????

The main problem now is that next seasons cash will disappear if Setanta fold and that leaves everyone with massive budget cuts to deal with.

The payouts were end of season lump sums due by Setanta relative to league position, est. between 150K and 300K to each SPL team.

Journos reported that 3 teams would be in serious trouble - hard to see how a payment of up to just 300K could put a club under.

Surely not one of Top 6.

Kilmarnock - in massive debt - surely one of the threatened teams.

Falkirk - releasing loads of players but statement today advised still have budget available for playing staff.

Motherwell- administration once and their pitch surely needs a lot of cash thrown at it to repair.

Hearts- who knows ? surely 300k is a drop in the ocean compared to the other £30 million or so they owe.

Us - we wouldnt be shelling out to get rid of managerial staff if we were reliant on these funds.

Hamilton - ????

St Mirren - ????

The main problem now is that next seasons cash will disappear if Setanta fold and that leaves everyone with massive budget cuts to deal with.

Or did we shell it on the basis we thought we were getting these funds?

According to the Scotland on Sunday, the Setanta Revenue as a percentage of turnover for each club is as follows:

Motherwell 27%

ICT 24%

St Mirren 24%

Falkirk 20%

Dundee Utd 18%

Hibs 12%

Hearts 10%

Kilmarnock 7%

Aberdeen 6%

Celtic 3%

Rangers 3%

I'm sure they don't but have to move to protect their member clubs short term.

Someone on Mad is saying ESPN might be in for the rights.

The thinking being that ESPN (owned by Disney) want to get a foot hold in Europe/UK and this would be a cheap way of doing it without chasing around for rights themselves.  Whether, if this happened, the existing contracts would remain as they are is fairly doubtful I would think.

According to the Scotland on Sunday, the Setanta Revenue as a percentage of turnover for each club is as follows:

Motherwell 27%

ICT 24%

St Mirren 24%

Falkirk 20%

Dundee Utd 18%

Hibs 12%

Hearts 10%

Kilmarnock 7%

Aberdeen 6%

Celtic 3%

Rangers 3%

That figure looks brilliant for us but don't forget that will be based on our last set of results that saw our turnover effectively double thanks to our euro run (and cup runs), so I suspect our reliance on TV money is more significant than that table may suggest

That figure looks brilliant for us but don't forget that will be based on our last set of results that saw our turnover effectively double thanks to our euro run (and cup runs), so I suspect our reliance on TV money is more significant than that table may suggest

Correct, it was the previous years figures, but I'm sure we're better placed than the majority of the league if it all goes tits up for Setanta.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8090633.stm

Setanta faces administration "within days" unless backers provide more funds to pay £30m it owes to the English Premier League, reports suggest.

The broadcaster has already failed to pay the Scottish Premier League £3m it owes in television rights money.

Setanta, which also shows cricket, golf and rugby union, has about 1.2m subscribers, but is losing up to £100m a year, analysts say.

:wave:

PEOPLE WHO BOOKED WITH THERE CARD FOR STANDING ORDERS

If you cant get the diresct debit stoped through the phoneline you need to contact your bank and get them to issue a letter of noticfication to the company if you tell the bank and the company isnt officially informed they will still claim the money .

So the bank has to send them a letter

speaking from a past experience. >:D

Just cancelled mine and had to email them with a reference number they provide via their call centre. Pretty simple really, don't know what the fuss and problem is for everyone else, but would suggest everybody cancels until we know what's going on.  :

Do you get cut off immediately?? I was only waiting on the Haye v Klitschko fight before cancelling anyway