Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Poll: MGhee

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fatshaft

My thoughts are that until the whole money-football relationship comes to a crashing halt down Englandshire it will be ni-on impossible for any scottish club outside the old firm to tempt any manager from down south unless he has been sitting on his ass for several months with no offers.

Exactly. All these Boothroyd, Martinez, Ferguson notions are absolute pie in the sky, there's the money, there's how far away we are from England, there's the perception that we are basically in the arctic circle, and the notion that the SPL is sub-conference as far as the guffies are concerned. All of these make any decent English based manager a total non-starter.

It doesn;t leave us much to work with unless AFC take a flier on a young up and comer, and after Patterson I doubt that route will be explored again under Wiggys tenure.

It doesn;t leave us much to work with unless AFC take a flier on a young up and comer, and after Patterson I doubt that route will be explored again under Wiggys tenure.

I dont think there was anything wrong with going down that route, the board just made the mistake of hiring someone who was a raging alcoholic gambler.

Guest fatshaft

I'm stuck offshore with limited acces to t'internet.  Is McGhee a shoe-in now?

No. But he seems clear favourite mainly as no-one else rumoured to be interested is credible.  Ozzie Ardiles? Big Ron Manager? Dean Windass? Peter Nicholas?

Guest fatshaft

I dont think there was anything wrong with going down that route, the board just made the mistake of hiring someone who was a raging alcoholic gambler.

Neither did/do I. And I was certainly delighted he got the job, had proven to be a winner through the divisions, but who knew he was such a piss head? It's pretty clea rthat all this due diligence on candidates that Miller has been tasked with stems from the failure to be aware of that, and possibly Miller's haste in targetting JC and only JC when he took over the helm.

I suspect that was more down the the attempts to not tell everyone before the big game that we had that weekend. Or else my source is just shite, in which case they'll be getting told as much if McGhee is unveiled! I heard tonight he was a doubt, which if he was certain to be appointed on Thursday seems a bit strange.

I suspect that was more down the the attempts to not tell everyone before the big game that we had that weekend. Or else my source is just shite, in which case they'll be getting told as much if McGhee is unveiled! I heard tonight he was a doubt, which if he was certain to be appointed on Thursday seems a bit strange.

He will remain a doubt until Celtic sort out their managerial vacancy as that would be his first preference.

On BBC that Black & Spink have joined Bruce at Sunderland.

I think thats the final nail in the "Eric Black dons manager" coffin, pretty gutted to be honest but onwards and upwards.  Mcghee is clearly the no 1 favourite and given that Levein is unlikely to come he is now my first choice of the realistic options.  One thing i will say about Mcghee is i think some of the comments saying we would be as well off with calderwood are wide of the mark.  Mcghee is quite a different type of manager than JC is, I dont envisage any more ridiculous press comments under his (assuming he gets it) reign or any of the tactical lunacy of the past five years.  Motherwell were a tough nut to crack in his first year in charge and its fair to say that though they disapointed this season they did get a few key injuries and that pitch would not have helped them in the slightest.  We could do significantly worse

There we have it. "We could do significantly worse". Hardly a glowing reference.

Not exactly what you'd want fans to be saying about any potential manager. You'd have to question the calibre of the manager if it gets statements like that out us.