Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Poll: MGhee

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

there's a lot of managers that no-one's mentioned who should be considered.

we need a manager who will let the team express themselves.  It needs to be a man who has knowledge of the game here, in England and abroad, someone like Martinez at Swansea fits the bill for me although I believe Wigan are interested in him if Steve Bruce goes to Sunderland.

I would like to see Aidy Boothroyd appointed along with someone who's been at the club as a player.  Boothroyd has had some time out of the game and surely a club like Aberdeen would be tempting for him.  What are your thoughts on Boothroyd.

I've heard Stalin is free. Might be of interest.  ::)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Poll for McGhee is almost 50/50.  What exactly has McGhee shown at his previous clubs that makes over 50% of the voters want him as manager?  Arguably, he did better work down south than he's done at Motherwell but, really he's not done a great job anywhere he's been.  Can anyone see McGhee improving on what JC achieved?  I, for one, cannot!  Think we need to forget about McGhee.

I've already posted that the upside of bringing Jengus in is that he can bring some of Murdiewell's best talents with him Smith (bit of a cock, but a challenge for Clangers), Quinn, Hughes and if we're to belive the tranfer budget is about 1.5 mill, Clarkson. His CV though is the downside and makes for poor reading. He'll also head for the Tattie Bowl at the drop of a hat, should he be appointed and do well.

Black on the other hand made a good fist of it at said Murdiewell before they called in the administrators and he headed off to Coventry or somewhere equally anonymous where he's obviously done well and will have benefitted from seeking out new talent for the Premiership.  :wave:Even if he's not found anyone good enough for a league that's the best on the world right now, he's surely seen players like Aluko who would be great for the SPL.

Let's all agree to get behind the Manager this time around (unless it's the moaning fucker from Killie!). Whether the replacement for JC will fare better remains to be seen.

Now now, no need for threats about physical violence.

Speaking of violence, a good money spinner for AFC would be for all the candidates to duke it out in a ring in the centre circle at Todders. Tenner a ticket. Winner gets the job and can keep the money raised from the fight to buy players!!!!    :thumbsup:

I agree, I dont want McGhee to ge tthe job either as IMO he wont take us any further from where JC got us to, he has just as shit a record in cups against "weaker sides" and does not fill me with great delight at the thought of him coming in.

One of my mates is a Motherwell fan and he was saying that he would be glad to see the back of McGhee as he was fed up watching shite

Sound familiar ?

I've still not heard a good thought as to why mcghee should get this job, it seems to be a sentimental thing because he's not exactly had a glittering career as a manager.

What are your thoughts.

My thoughts are the same.  I can't see what he's going to give us really.  The problem I've got is that I can't see who we are going to attract to the club that is going to take us forward.  All the names that have been touted about that are realistic don't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I've still not heard a good thought as to why mcghee should get this job, it seems to be a sentimental thing because he's not exactly had a glittering career as a manager.

What are your thoughts.

He's as good a shout as anyone else for the job.

for what reason dave_man.  You seem to be a Mcghee fanboi so why do you want him as our new boss. what about the other managers that haven't even been mentioned.

Sence when? I've said in numerious posts on more than one forum that I don't think Calderwood should be sacked, then when he was sacked i've criticised the decision. But as there's no point dwelling on the past i've moved on and started looking to the future.

Of all the names mentioned McGhee is up there in the 'Not bad' category, not one (realistic) name that's been mentioned has filled me with any hope that they'd actually be any better than Calderwood,  so unless the board pull somebody amazing from a magic hat McGhee seems a safe enough bet to run our club.

Regardless of who does get appointed, they'll get my full support from day one until they are hounded out by a small minority of idiots within our support*

*does not include Jim Jefferies

I only read this forum dave_man, which ones do you read, you just sound like a Mcghee fanboi.  Boothroyd is where it's at.

I read them all, only really post here though.

And as for being a 'McGhee fanboi' please feel free to quote anything where i've said something remotly pro-McGhee?