Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Severin offers to stay for more cash, piss right off

Don't you think that Seve may just need a change in management style and a little less pressure (relieved of captains duties) to provide him with more motivation to perform like he did when his first seasons?

This could all be true and as Funster says he might be worth keeping on the grounds of some decent displays as a CB but my point is that in all honesty I don't believe we will see the Seve that we have seen in the past. That doesn't mean we won't, just that there is real risk that we won't and where there is that level of risk I don't believe that a club like ours can afford to carry it. We may lose out on some great twighlight performances and UTD or Hibs may gain them but on balance I still would prefer to see us move on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could all be true and as Funster says he might be worth keeping on the grounds of some decent displays as a CB but my point is that in all honesty I don't believe we will see the Seve that we have seen in the past. That doesn't mean we won't, just that there is real risk that we won't and where there is that level of risk I don't believe that a club like ours can afford to carry it. We may lose out on some great twighlight performances and UTD or Hibs may gain them but on balance I still would prefer to see us move on.

Seve that played on Sunday was the Seve of old. Ran the show IMO. Would like him to stay as far better player than our other options in midfield or centre half. Also cannot think of any players of the same ability that are available or if available in our price range.

When Seve arrived here he was absolutely great to watch, and I can remember being surprised he'd moved to us- having seen him play fantastically well for hearts on numerous occassions in the past i was surprised that hearts let him go and that he hadn't had an offer to head south. Perhaps he went off the boil a bit there too. Still, their loss was our gain at the time.

However, his performances have definitely gone downhill, especially since assuming the captain's mantle from Anderson. He still has it in him, but it looks like he needs a change. If he was one of calderwood's favourites then that's a surprise, as i would have expected him to raise his game more often over the last couple of seasons if that was the case!

I feel the same way about Seve that i do about Smith- both great players, and they still are on their day, but their consistency has gone a bit for whatever reason.

I'll be sorry if he does go, but feel it's possibly best for all concerned if that's what happens. I do think he will be difficult to replace though, so the new manager will have their work cut out there. We're still missing a player of Anderson's calibre after two years. If he'd still been here i think 3rd would have almost been a formality.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a soft spot for Watford - made my dad drive me to Greenock one night when Morton played them in a friendly years ago - John Barnes and Luther Blisset were playing and Elton John was there

I had a red and yellow striped scarf  :thumbsup:

I used to have a soft spot for Watford - made my dad drive me to Greenock one night when Morton played them in a friendly years ago - John Barnes and Luther Blisset were playing and Elton John was there

I had a red and yellow striped scarf  :thumbsup:

Did you also have Rupert the Bear trousers and jumper  ;)

Fucks sake you saw me at a wedding wearing a lovely dress and high heels and it is the Rupert outfit that is getting you going if only I had known  ;)

Surprised you are bring up weddings after your performance at the last one you were at. That poor dog has never receovered.

Surprised you are bring up weddings after your performance at the last one you were at. That poor dog has never receovered.

Oh my god I was talking about a different wedding I cannot believe you have mentioned that  ;D

And I believe said dog is fine  :o

Being honest, I say good riddance to Seve. He's far too inconsistent for us to afford. When he's on his game, he probably the best midfielder we've had since ... probably since Craig Hignett. But that day is only seen once every 3 or 4 months.

Seve, I'm sorry we couldn't see the best of you more often. As such, farewell.

Severin off to Watford allegedly.......... so much for the Premiership gig with Burnley

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/15/severin-up-for-malk-s-watford-115875-21441689/

Malky Mackay will make Aberdeen captain Scott Severin his first signing when he takes over as Watford manager today.

Mackay, who succeeds Brendan Rodgers at Vicarage Road, has won the race to sign Scotland midfielder Severin, 30, on a free transfer.

But Lee Williamson is on his way out of Watford in a £500,000 move to Sheffield United, while the Blades have had a £750,000 bid for another Hornets midfielder, John Joe O'Toole, rejected. Watford want at least £1million for the young Irishman.

Being honest, I say good riddance to Seve. He's far too inconsistent for us to afford. When he's on his game, he probably the best midfielder we've had since ... probably since Craig Hignett. But that day is only seen once every 3 or 4 months.

Seve, I'm sorry we couldn't see the best of you more often. As such, farewell.

Never understood the stick Seve got as even at his worst he was 100 times better player than Young or Duff and on his day a better player than Kerr or McDonald. Will be a hard player to replace.

Never understood the stick Seve got as even at his worst he was 100 times better player than Young or Duff and on his day a better player than Kerr or McDonald. Will be a hard player to replace.

If Seve was to operate at even 60 percent of the ability that we all know he has then he wouldn't get the pelters that come his way every week. I reckon Kerrs the perfect replacement for him. Kerrs got twice the engine that Seve ever had and can actually win the ball in midfield which Seve never seems to do anymore.