Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Severin offers to stay for more cash, piss right off

Just read on teletext that Seve has said he may stay at Aberdeen if the club were to improve their offer. This smells to me like Burnley are now too good for him and naebody else thinks he's worth a f&*k.

If he gets more I'll be truly scunnered with our club for allowing this clown to play 2 games and think he's Pele

unbelievable arrogance, nice to see the suitors he expected have seen the usual severin and not the one that turns up now and again

Could use his wage to pay a couple of hungrier players that'd respect the club and be grateful to play at Pittodrie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good player, yes very rarely though, king of the 30 yd hump for miller

That honour belongs to Ricky Foster. ;D

I think what Dave says is fair, a kick up the arse with new management might re-ignite him, he has looked stale for some time but he has been in excellent form of late and has hardly missed a game this season.

As I said, keeping good players should be what we're about, we've lost so many in recent seasons. Hart, Nicholson, Clark, Anderson, McNaughton, Heikkenen and now Smith and Severin. All good players. 

That honour belongs to Ricky Foster. ;D

I think what Dave says is fair, a kick up the arse with new management might re-ignite him, he has looked stale for some time but he has been in excellent form of late and has hardly missed a game this season.

As I said, keeping good players should be what we're about, we've lost so many in recent seasons. Hart, Nicholson, Clark, Anderson, McNaughton, Heikkenen and now Smith and Severin. All good players. 

Amen brother. As I've stated in other posts, as long as we see the real seve I'd keep him at the club. Obviously there are no guarantees of that but hopefully the new management team will provide him with inspiration to strive forward.

Just read on teletext that Seve has said he may stay at Aberdeen if the club were to improve their offer. This smells to me like Burnley are now too good for him and naebody else thinks he's worth a f&*k.

If he gets more I'll be truly scunnered with our club for allowing this clown to play 2 games and think he's Pele

unbelievable arrogance, nice to see the suitors he expected have seen the usual severin and not the one that turns up now and again

Could use his wage to pay a couple of hungrier players that'd respect the club and be grateful to play at Pittodrie

How is it arrogant? He's hardly set for life. I'd be trying to squeeze every dime out of the club I could as well.

It's pretty bad form though. In the current economic climate, I wonder how many of the supporters who contribute to his wages are getting a pay rise this year? With the recession biting in Aberdeen, I think we will see average attendances drop as people have less cash to spend. The club need to be careful in any wage negotiations - especially considering the alleged half million pay off.

This is true, but I get the impression that more money than has been offered would still be less than his current deal.

It's pretty bad form though. In the current economic climate, I wonder how many of the supporters who contribute to his wages are getting a pay rise this year? With the recession biting in Aberdeen, I think we will see average attendances drop as people have less cash to spend. The club need to be careful in any wage negotiations - especially considering the alleged half million pay off.

So when you go for your appraisal or wage discussion (assuming you will have this at work) are you going to be thinking of the recession or will you try and get as much as you can? Dog eat dog world my friend.

So when you go for your appraisal or wage discussion (assuming you will have this at work) are you going to be thinking of the recession or will you try and get as much as you can? Dog eat dog world my friend.

if I didn't perform at work, I'd get  sweet FA and have to move house. If I've done well I'd expect a good bonus.

DEPENDS WHICH OF THESE 2 GROUPS YOU PUT SEVE IN. If I was his boss, ta ta bonus

ok maybe its just me puting 2 an 2 together and gettin 5 (shetland education system is still the best) but with jimmy leaving suddenly seve might  stay. money might just be a wee bit o an  excuse until he finds out who the new manager is. he wouldnt be the first player to have a disagreement we jimmy :-\

It could be another possibility McMaster, but I have a feeling that it is most likely that it was shop window football than anything else. Jimmy was never one to shy away from it, so I don't think he would have changed his stance on having a go at Seve. But maybe he was sick of the style of play?

ok maybe its just me puting 2 an 2 together and gettin 5 (shetland education system is still the best) but with jimmy leaving suddenly seve might  stay. money might just be a wee bit o an  excuse until he finds out who the new manager is. he wouldnt be the first player to have a disagreement we jimmy :-\

The whispers going round were saying that Seve had fallen out with the team, as he was one of JC's favourites.

I think the biggest reason he's suddenly had a change of heart is that Burnley was the team he had his mind set on, but now he's no longer good enough for them.

My biggest worry is that he'll be at United (or maybe Hibs) next season, and having seen his performances when he played his other former club Hearts, he is gonna rip a massive hole in the middle of our team whenever he plays us.

I for one hope he stays, as on his day he is an absolute joy to watch.

you could be right there. being on Seves side he is played as a first team utility player(if you ken what i mean). defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder etc. he obviously has a  favoured position & it must b frustrating. lets face it, if he played for the old firm he would b 1st choice for scotland. e.g. Thompson and BROADFOOT! ok when huttons out.

you could be right there. being on Seves side he is played as a first team utility player(if you ken what i mean). defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder etc. he obviously has a  favoured position & it must b frustrating. lets face it, if he played for the old firm he would b 1st choice for scotland. e.g. Thompson and BROADFOOT! ok when huttons out.

One of the best games I ever seen Severin play was for Scotland against Bulgaria in the Kirin Cup, he was spraying 40-60 yard passes for fun all afternoon (or morning as it was here). I doubt he'd be able to break into the currrent Scotland team even if he was at the ugly sisters. He's nowhere near good enough to get into our midfield ahead of the likes of Fletcher or Brown, and in defence, i'd rather not split up a defensive pairing who are playing together at club and country, I remember it working well in the mid 80's ;)

I say remember, when in all honesty i've only read about it  :-\

Seve wants a better offer - Fine but, make the offer better by including performance bonuses.  Maybe this would give him a wee bit of a kick up the airse that he needs.  Seve's got to stay.  On his day he's a fantastic player and our defence would really miss him if he leaves.  Considine the carthorse doesn't really fill me with confidence.

The new manager needs to sort him out.  Seve was a better player before he had the Captain's armband.  He's never captain material.  I'd strip him of the captaincy and give it to someone else.  The problem right now, is who else?  Many think Zander - I personally disagree as we cannot have a the captain of Aberdeen, wearing a Celtic shirt when he's walking around town.

Anyway Willie - get him signed up!!

I think as a club we have to get away from this idea that there is value in a player who can play the odd brilliant game. If you ask Dons fans how they honestly believe Seve will perform next season should he choose to stay then I am willing to bet that, free from emotive thinking, most would say he would be lazy, slow and disinterested. We all know he has been playing shop window football and yet this myth that he might just turn something around continues to exist.

Its been the same with Smith. We have to stop the nostalgia and hankering after past performances. These guys have contributed their best to Aberdeen and we should thank them for it. However, with ever tightening squads and smaller budgets in the offing with reduced TV money we simply cannot afford to carry players who can't perform week-in, week-out. Its ironic that many fans say there is no room for sentimentality when selecting a manager but seem to hang onto it when talking about players who have been performers in the past. Time to let go and start looking to the future and players who have youth and legs that work.

I think as a club we have to get away from this idea that there is value in a player who can play the odd brilliant game. If you ask Dons fans how they honestly believe Seve will perform next season should he choose to stay then I am willing to bet that, free from emotive thinking, most would say he would be lazy, slow and disinterested. We all know he has been playing shop window football and yet this myth that he might just turn something around continues to exist.

Its been the same with Smith. We have to stop the nostalgia and hankering after past performances. These guys have contributed their best to Aberdeen and we should thank them for it. However, with ever tightening squads and smaller budgets in the offing with reduced TV money we simply cannot afford to carry players who can't perform week-in, week-out. Its ironic that many fans say there is no room for sentimentality when selecting a manager but seem to hang onto it when talking about players who have been performers in the past. Time to let go and start looking to the future and players who have youth and legs that work.

Don't you think that Seve may just need a change in management style and a little less pressure (relieved of captains duties) to provide him with more motivation to perform like he did when his first seasons?

Don't agree ajja, Seve is still very much capable so the nostalgia element isn't really relevant, he has largely played ch this season and been our best performer in that position whilst missing very few games in a season with a comparitively high number of shut outs. He still is a good player and should be kept if wages are not unreasonable.