Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Pre-Season Friendlies Announced

I heard on Sunday Egypt was heading for cancellation as no teams wanted to play in 40c heat........well except a certain tanned manager

I can't see any sense in it myself. It might be getting paid for, but it can't be healthy. In that kind of heat, you barely want to move, let alone run around playing football. I'd rather we played Ajax at Pittodrie, and looked into the chance of getting Barcelona here (well, if they're playing Hearts and United, it has to be worth asking if they wanted to play a team that qualified for Europe...).

Also, i think Deco was Brazilian before he became Portugese.

Guest At The Border Guy

Ajax would've been good, but Barcelona are charging £1m per game and insisting that the majority of seats are given to kids for free!  No idea how the Arabs are getting away with that one...

As for Egypt, I can't see how playing in those temperatures is going to help our preparations for playing some team from Scandinavia or the Baltic?!

Aye, how come JC aint using his contacts for friendlies?

JC. "Hello Sir Alex, fancy bringing yer reds up for a wee knock aboot at Pittodrie?"

SAF. "Aye nae bother my Govan brother how does a week on Tuesday sound, gee Ronaldo a chance to get over his knock?"

JC. "Sounds awright, but dont bring that hacking barsteward Scholes though!"

Ajax would've been good, but Barcelona are charging £1m per game and insisting that the majority of seats are given to kids for free!  No idea how the Arabs are getting away with that one...

As for Egypt, I can't see how playing in those temperatures is going to help our preparations for playing some team from Scandinavia or the Baltic?!

I saw Arkwright being interviewed the day it was announced, and he said it's actually costing United almost nothing, as the amount of sponsorship involved has covered the costs.

Also, i think Deco was Brazilian before he became Portugese.

Was it Mido that was Egyptian then? I definitely had one player in Champ Manager a few years ago that was Egyptian ... and I'm sure he was one of those "One Name" Players.

Mido's definitely Egyptian. I don't think he's changed nationalities though.

• 3 weeks later...