Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Alleged Credit Ratings for SPL clubs

Scores are out of 100, Credit rating and credit limits recommended.

St Mirren 97/100 Limit - £250,000 - Very good creditworthyness.

Celtic 90/100 Limit - £1,000,000 - Very good creditworthyness.

Rangers 87/100 Limit - £1,000,000 Very good creditworthyness.

Hibernian 87/100 - Limit - £250,000 Very good creditworthyness

Aberdeen 80/100 Limit - £175,000 Very good creditworthyness.

Falkirk - 73/100 £175,000 - Very good creditworthyness.

Kilmarnock - 40/100 - £50,000 limit - creditworthy.

Inverness Caley - 39/100 - £500 limit tongue.gif credit against collateral.

Dundee Utd 0/100 - Limit £0 Caution, credit at your discretion.

Hamilton Accies - 0/100 - Limit £0 credit at your discretion.

Motherwell - no rating - voluntary arrangement.

Hearts - 0/100 - £0 limit - Caution, credit at your discretion, 6 ccj's active totalling £16476

source? i fail to see how any team with a debt can possible have a good credit rating?

Most people have debts (mortgages, credit cards, cars etc) yet many have solid credit ratings. Its not about having debt, its about the ability or historical willingness to repay it surely.

Precisely, lenders want you to be in debt...it makes them money. What doesn't make them money is people who can't repay the debt.

It would be interesting to know where that came from, although I suspect it has probably been made by some Hibbee. I mean a £500 limit for ICT? Someone at the club with a credit card could get more credit than that!?

Precisely, lenders want you to be in debt...it makes them money. What doesn't make them money is people who can't repay the debt.

It would be interesting to know where that came from, although I suspect it has probably been made by some Hibbee. I mean a £500 limit for ICT? Someone at the club with a credit card could get more credit than that!?

My suspicions of fabrication were first aroused by the use of the 'tongue.gif' in ICT's rating. Official accountancy terminology these days ?  :P

Maybe its from the caterers who provide sauce sachets.

This has a whiff of shite about it - a couple of things look out of place.

Firstly, the report doesn't even spell creditworthiness correctly. I would expect them to at least get that right.

Secondly, Hearts are listed as having 6 CCJs against their name. CCJs don't even exist in Scotland; we have decrees instead. That doesn't mean that English companies or individuals based in England haven't had CCJs declared against HMFC, but it seems unlikely that there would be 6 CCJs from England and no decrees from Scotland.

Anyway, even if this isn't rubbish, every credit agency will 'score' your report differently. Overall, the only one which really matters to us is the one HBoS uses. Not one of the UK's major banks uses anyone other than the Big Three (Experian, Callcredit and Equifax) for credit reports (incidentally, HBoS uses all three).

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter whether or not this is an accurate report of CreditSafe's reports, as their reports are unlikely to have any bearing upon our finances as a club.

Firstly, the report doesn't even spell creditworthiness correctly. I would expect them to at least get that right.

Secondly, Hearts are listed as having 6 CCJs against their name. CCJs don't even exist in Scotland; we have decrees instead. That doesn't mean that English companies or individuals based in England haven't had CCJs declared against HMFC, but it seems unlikely that there would be 6 CCJs from England and no decrees from Scotland.

Anyway, even if this isn't rubbish, every credit agency will 'score' your report differently. Overall, the only one which really matters to us is the one HBoS uses. Not one of the UK's major banks uses anyone other than the Big Three (Experian, Callcredit and Equifax) for credit reports (incidentally, HBoS uses all three).

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter whether or not this is an accurate report of CreditSafe's reports, as their reports are unlikely to have any bearing upon our finances as a club.

I used to work for Equifax, (this was a few years ago now so may well have changed) and at that time CCJ was just the term used whether it was in Scotland or England. I know you'll be technically right, but it may just be the report has used CCJ instead of decrees.

As an aside to your clear explanation of the situation, it gives us another excuse (however lame) to laugh at the knee deep in shit position of Hearts and now apparently their big brothers  ;D

Guest fatshaft

Aberdeen 80/100 Limit - £175,000 Very good creditworthyness.

Can;t be right though, Milne would have got us a very bad credit rating by now if this wa strue obviously  ::)