Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the last 4 days have witnessed the end of a footballing dynasty. Barca have looked so poor sometimes this year it's hard to believe they're the same team.

Also, Cuenca v. Cole?

Not sure I agree with the end of a dynasty part, Barca still have by far the strongest starting 11 in Europe.  What has really been driven home over the last 4 days is that their squad is lacking in any real strength in depth and is basically far too small.  They've really paid the price of trying to play such a long a gruelling season with a relatively small group of players, once again they looked jaded and lacking ideas.

Some smart investment and they'll be right back up there again, next seasons la liga could be a cracker.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the last 4 days have witnessed the end of a footballing dynasty. Barca have looked so poor sometimes this year it's hard to believe they're the same team.

Also, Cuenca v. Cole?

After the reverse fixture last week i couldn't believe how much people were talking them up.  They looked a good side and were unlucky not to score but for who they were they looked hugely off the boil.  I wasn't surprised they lost at the weekend and before the game tonight i thought chlesea had a decent chance to go through........ obviously the manner off their success was more than a little surprising

Not sure I agree with the end of a dynasty part, Barca still have by far the strongest starting 11 in Europe.  What has really been driven home over the last 4 days is that their squad is lacking in any real strength in depth and is basically far too small.  They've really paid the price of trying to play such a long a gruelling season with a relatively small group of players, once again they looked jaded and lacking ideas.

Some smart investment and they'll be right back up there again, next seasons la liga could be a cracker.

A new manager and some investment in key areas will keep them competitive but I think the Barca dynasty of the last 2/3 is over. Puyol, Iniesta and Xavi aren't getting any younger either.

Think Pep has showed his shortcomings here, how much did they spend on Cesc / Alexis? Two players you could argue they don't really need (despite how good Cesc has been).

Completely agree, they don't have enough strength in depth.  They are missing David Villa.

Messi was looking particularly tired.

Ca believe what I'm reading!? The end of a dynasty? They pummeled Chelsea for the whole two legs and were unlucky as much as anything else. They'll be fine as TF said.

Terry is a very lucky boy that his fucking stupidity didn't end up costing his team the tie. Obviously he's going to deny it was intentional. All those fans travelled oot there not to mention his team mates who were all let down by his cuntishness. If I was Mr. Abramovich I'd be looking to fucking hammer Terry.

Hope they get fucking pumped in the final.

Barca have looked pretty poor in their three games this week. Just keeping the ball and tip-tapping it about doesn't equate to good football or a good team.  They have no plan b, have no striker and no defenders, and we think that the aberdeen team is unbalanced. 

Of course they will be "fine" but they've been found out by Madrid and Chelsea this week.

I'd argue that they've not been poor at all. Over the two legs Chelsea got battered but Barcelona were tired and Chelsea benefited. I didn't the the "derby"  :hammer: between Real Madrid and Barcelona so can't really comment on that. For me Barcelona are still the best team in the world.

I'd argue that they've not been poor at all. Over the two legs Chelsea got battered but Barcelona were tired and Chelsea benefited. I didn't the the "derby"  :hammer: between Real Madrid and Barcelona so can't really comment on that. For me Barcelona are still the best team in the world.

They're not even the best team in their league at the moment.

They clearly aren't, because they lost last night ;)

Over the two legs, Chelsea have shown a team spirit which was missing from Barcelona. I don't doubt they'll be back, but they definitely need to look at their squad depth.

Whilst Terry is Count Cuntalot, Chelsea played much better without him and looked quite dangerous whenever they attacked. He would have only fucked it up in the final anyway. Hopefully it will be an interesting final, regardless of who Chelsea play. Neville cracked me up with his commentary for the Torres goal :D

They clearly aren't, because they lost last night ;)

Over the two legs, Chelsea have shown a team spirit which was missing from Barcelona. I don't doubt they'll be back, but they definitely need to look at their squad depth.

Whilst Terry is Count Cuntalot, Chelsea played much better without him and looked quite dangerous whenever they attacked. He would have only fucked it up in the final anyway. Hopefully it will be an interesting final, regardless of who Chelsea play. Neville cracked me up with his commentary for the Torres goal :D

Barca have been running rampant for years, min. They're not missing any spirit. They were tired, aye.  And Barcelona didn't lose last night.  :wave:

What was the King of kommentary  saying? I was watching it on mute.

Barca have been running rampant for years, min. They're not missing any spirit. They were tired, aye.  And Barcelona didn't lose last night.  :wave:

What was the King of kommentary  saying? I was watching it on mute.

I'd argue they didn't have the spirit Chelsea had over the two legs. I'm not disagreeing that they haven't run rampant over the past few years, but their flaws were exposed last night.

http://soundcloud.com/yourfilm_mn/gary-neville-torres-reaction - Neville's reaction :D

Barca have not been helped by Spain winning the world cup either imo.since then the world champions been carted all over the world for pointless show piece matches.  Xavi, busquets, fabregas, puyol, pique and iniesta have not had any kind our real break in a long time