Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tonights tipple

mizer

The Prosecco was shite but the Henriot was excellent, if not most definitely "lemony" as described.

Mate of mine drinks nothing but champagne and whisky (Lagavulin)  in the house. I thought "lucky fucker" being able to afford to but I used to smoke Regals and was spending the price of a bottle and a half of damn fine champers a week on death nail cancer sticks. Then I gave up the habit of 3 or 4 pints 3 or 4 nights a week and all of a sudden, between the beer and the fags, I'm needing to go to the bank so much less that I have an extra £100 a week in my pocket.

Montaudon champers tonight. Now THIS is the business.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Is it still two dine for £10 ?

Had that a couple of times, although as you allude to, the portion sizes are better suited to one person consuming it on their own  ;)

Yea it's really good value. I was going to get a ready meal and a bottle of wine anyway so it's cheaper doing it through m&s. Still a wee bit depressing though.

ot sure if the money saved makes any less depressing though ????

Yea it's really good value. I was going to get a ready meal and a bottle of wine anyway so it's cheaper doing it through m&s. Still a wee bit depressing though.

ot sure if the money saved makes any less depressing though ????

Sounds like a win, Andrew. Not having to share your food and a bottle wine to wash it down  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Tonight would be an appropriate time to try a new drink.

A vodka from Scotland - Glamis, near Forfar, "potato vodka" it says on the bottle - on the night Scotland drew with Poland, a nation that can't get enough tattie juice.

I've never been a voddie drinker but bought a bottle last week recommended by my vintner. Ogilvy it is, £35 a pop.

Interesting how we all eat more rice and pasta so our local farmers turn their oversupply into bevvy. Don't try Valt vodka. It's really shite. Got into this with Grey Goose from the freezer. One or two at the end of the night gives a good dunt. This is recommended to be served at room temp over ice.

One would be disadvantaged by failing to heed good advice.

Try Ogilvy vodka.

The equivalent of a double pub measure over two cubes of ice.

Sip gently over 20 minutes or so.

Fucking sublime.

Only an idiot over-indulges and abuses alcohol.

Taking good quality in decent measures is the only way.

Edit: ok already, it was maybe a triple. Fucking fine though.