Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart McKimmie's testimonial v Blackburn, season 1994/1995.

Kenny Dalgleish got on i'm sure.

Yeah he did. First thing he did was ping a 70 yard pass right on to Stuart Ripley's boot. Wonderful. Still beat them though  :thumbsup:

My first game was around 85/86 I think, 1-1 at Parkhead, McInally scored after about 3 minutes on a freezing day. Remember after the goal Leighton decided to put a pair of tracksuit bottoms on and took ages about it, the Jungle singing "Bandy, Bandy get tae fuck", which as a 6 year old I didn't quite understand and found a bit scary.

Joe Miller then missed a penalty but later scored with a diving header and did a crap "somersault" in front of the jungle.

I was in the Main Stand that day with my Dad and big brother (a Tim), I got a fair bit of abuse from some folk, after that my old man told my brother he'd be going on his own next time and he'd take me into the Dons end in future!  :thumbsup:

Don't think I missed a game at Parkhead for a long time after that, and pretty sure i only saw us lose there once in about 6 years. Changed times indeed.

You never got to your first Aberdeen game until you were into your 20's?!?!?!?  :o

:lolabove:

Think it was '72 the year I moved to close to Aberdeen.

Should have been at a Scottish Cup tie prior to that v Elgin City but game was called off on the Sat and my old man wouldn't travel mid week to the rearranged game. The problem of having an non AFC supporting parent >:(

Guest swaddon

A 3-0 win over Hearts in the late 1980s. All the goals were in the first half at the other end, so I didn't see any goals. Also, someone was sitting in front of me, so I hardly saw the game.

4-1 win at tynecastle I think sometime in the early 80s.

I believe it was the game frank mcdougall scored that peach of a volley.

Ajja probably remembers better than me.

I do remember that we were in the Hearts end as my old man is a jambo. He told us specifically that we weren't allowed to celebrate if the dons scored. We scored and some dandy a couple of rows in front jumped up showed his scarf then sat down again in seconds.

That was your real Da.

4-1 win at tynecastle I think sometime in the early 80s.

I believe it was the game frank mcdougall scored that peach of a volley.

Ajja probably remembers better than me.

I do remember that we were in the Hearts end as my old man is a jambo. He told us specifically that we weren't allowed to celebrate if the dons scored. We scored and some dandy a couple of rows in front jumped up showed his scarf then sat down again in seconds.

Statto hat on:

The game he scored that volley was 3-0. Unless you're talking about another game v Hearts he scored a cracking volley, which is very possible, of course.