Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Farcical League Table...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, if we use the results at the moment then we would be 5th. At least we are going in the right direction at the very least. We are moving up the table steadily, and we are in a decent position to challenge for 3rd.

Ok, but why bring up the shitty ex-manager shit?

Ok, but why bring up the shitty ex-manager shit?

Because thats all I know in my time supporting Aberdeen. I dont remember Ferguson, or the 1990 cup double, or even almost winning the title in 91. The majority of the time we have been managed by a succession of idiots who could barely keep us in the league. So Im not complaining too much about being 5th in the league because the past few years have been the best ive ever had it as a dons fan and we are moving up the league rapidly!!!  :thumbsup:

Because thats all I know in my time supporting Aberdeen. I dont remember Ferguson, or the 1990 cup double, or even almost winning the title in 91. The majority of the time we have been managed by a succession of idiots who could barely keep us in the league. So Im not complaining too much about being 5th in the league because the past few years have been the best ive ever had it as a dons fan and we are moving up the league rapidly!!!  :thumbsup:

well said!

Im nae too fussed about our league position at the momement...as long as it continues to improve.  Some folk are speaking like the leagues almost over.

The only real success I have known from the Dons was the '95 Cup win, do like you say, compared to some of the fuck nuts we have had as managers, (of which the board should take the blame for apponting) means that Calderwoods tenure, although frustrating at times has been a ray of fucking sunshine.

... Are you totally blind to to calibre of football on show?  ??? Besides they didn't shut up shop, they were just pish. Especially the boy Dorman.

This is kinda what I'm thinking too. I cant remember the last time I was at Pittodrie and wasn't bored to tears. St. Mirren were just really bad. Any slightly better team would have beaten us. Like ICT, Hamilton and Dundee United. Excuse me for not getting that excited about turning the corner after Tuesday's game!

This is kinda what I'm thinking too. I cant remember the last time I was at Pittodrie and wasn't bored to tears. St. Mirren were just really bad. Any slightly better team would have beaten us. Like ICT, Hamilton and Dundee United. Excuse me for not getting that excited about turning the corner after Tuesday's game!

Who said anything about getting excited?

A couple of weeks back we were stone last, our form has improved and we HAVE been involved in some excellent games.

Who said anything about getting excited?

A couple of weeks back we were stone last, our form has improved and we HAVE been involved in some excellent games.

Is it too much to ask to have one of those excellent games at home? Not disputing that results are getting better but entertainment? Nope. Tuesday night was torture.

Is it too much to ask to have one of those excellent games at home? Not disputing that results are getting better but entertainment? Nope. Tuesday night was torture.

I wasn't there but by all accounts it was indeed torture, but it was a win and it was a shut out, things in short supply at Pittodrie.

I must be in a minority that doesn't care much about the entertainment, if that's what you want then there's X-factor. A win is a win is a win to me.

It takes two teams. It's not all AFC's fault. The fact a lot of teams will sit in at Pittodrie means that a lot of games won't be a great spectacle.

It takes two teams. It's not all AFC's fault. The fact a lot of teams will sit in at Pittodrie means that a lot of games won't be a great spectacle.

This too is true.

St Mirren, ICT etc will sit in and hit on the break, though I gather there was precious little of this until we scored on Tuesday.

I suspect we still aren't good enough to be the dominant crusher of teams, that to a large extent are very used to playing very deep in the SPL.

That said, with Smith and Aluko both playing with Miller we SHOULD have the necessary skill to do teams that try that tactic at Pittodrie. The trouble is, when arguably our best midfielder is played as some sort of CH we lose a great deal of presence in the middle.

I have no problem with Seve playing as an auxiliary CH against the Infirm, even at home, but against EVERyONE else we should try to be on the front foot.

It would be quite interesting to go see United vs Hibs or Motherwell vs Hearts sometime just to put things into perspective about how exciting these other games are in comparison.

Anyone have firsthand knowledge of this?

It is a big out of date but I went to a Dundee derby a few years back. It was pish too.

Having said that, watch some of the live games on Setanta, pretty poor stuff too.

This too is true.

St Mirren, ICT etc will sit in and hit on the break, though I gather there was precious little of this until we scored on Tuesday.

I suspect we still aren't good enough to be the dominant crusher of teams, that to a large extent are very used to playing very deep in the SPL.

That said, with Smith and Aluko both playing with Miller we SHOULD have the necessary skill to do teams that try that tactic at Pittodrie. The trouble is, when arguably our best midfielder is played as some sort of CH we lose a great deal of presence in the middle.

I have no problem with Seve playing as an auxiliary CH against the Infirm, even at home, but against EVERyONE else we should try to be on the front foot.

Gus MacPherson said in the paper his team didn't deserve to lose....well they sure as fuck didn't deserve to win. We won because they were so terrible. At one point Mehmet looked like he was going to be clean through and Zander made a great tackle, but no-one even seemed that bothered. I don't know where these chances were that his team need to be more clinical with?

At one free kick St Mirren had a TEN man wall, and that isn't an exaggeration. I haven't seen that since fucking Primary School! Most teams turn up for a point, 10 men behind the ball. Of course it's going to be difficult to break down.