Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Farcical League Table...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be good if we worried about how aberdeen were goint to play rather then focus on what other teams might do.

If the manager had more faith in his players we would be doing a lot better then we currently are!

I felt better coming out of the defeat to united then i did last night because even though we lost we battled hard and looked like we wanted to win - last night was back to square one, it says something when a central defender has to score when we have 4 strikers on teh pitch :(*

It would be good if we worried about how aberdeen were goint to play rather then focus on what other teams might do.

If the manager had more faith in his players we would be doing a lot better then we currently are!

I felt better coming out of the defeat to united then i did last night because even though we lost we battled hard and looked like we wanted to win - last night was back to square one, it says something when a central defender has to score when we have 4 strikers on teh pitch :(*

Lucky for us then that Aluko is a midfielder then eh  ;) Who cares though, we won, we got the three points. As I said in another thread, yes its not pretty and we've been far from convincing, but I don't care, we're getting there. We've always been slow starters, albeit a lot slower this season but we're making progress.  :thumbsup: Smile, it might never happen  :wave:

You'll be the type of person that says it's Luck when we finish 3rd at the end of the season?

And say we finish where we do because others teams threw it away?

Get a grip.

It's funny how the lurkers only begin to post when they want to slag the team off... usually after a "lucky" win  ::)

OK... we totally pumped them last night. An advert for Scottish football... you get a grip

not sure I'd call 2 - 0 "totally pumping them"... but if you insist

midweek game in the pissing rain against a team that shut up shop?

Good result  :wave:

... Are you totally blind to to calibre of football on show?  ??? Besides they didn't shut up shop, they were just pish. Especially the boy Dorman.

Dont think we will be in 4th by the end of the night, but will be in the top 6. Yes it is ridiculous we have had such a poor start and are not closer positionally to the bottom. However 7 points clear of the bottom 13 games in, is not where we would have wanted.

If we had been playing well, or any team out with the old infirm we/they could be well clear in 3rd place by now.

Going into the game last night, we had the 4th best defensive record, whilst the worst goal scoring record. Make of that what you will.

and after last night?

I know I was absolutely blootered last night and only stayed for the first half but I thought we played quite well, albeit without scoring... should've got a goal after the free kick hit the wall.  We were all over them.

Much much better than the 1st half against Utd last Saturday  ;)

I was bored to fuckery listening to the radio, and the commentators more or less said it was shite.

I was bored to fuckery listening to the radio, and the commentators more or less said it was shite.

Must admit, I was bored and only listened to about 20 mins of the game but was checking the score ont he phone. I tuned in again before the first goal went in  :thumbsup: Then stayed tuned to hear an actual cheer at the end from the Pittodrie crowd. Such a novel experience I thought I better remind myself of what it was like.  ;)

I think this just shows how far we have come under JC. We may not be the most attractive team to watch, but under previous managers if we had been in this position we would not have been complaining.

However, the frustrating thing is I feel we have had a shit start to the season and yet we are 4th. The frustrating thing is our defence never seems settled, and we always make stupid errors there. And I wish we used Lee Miller better, if he had decent service he would be on at least 6 goals so far this season. However, as long as we are in a position to challenge strongly for 3rd place im not going to complain too loudly.

Yes fatjim... evidently. Its not our prolific frontmen is it?

And the prolific strikers elsewhere are?

It's a pretty mediocre league and we have pished away a very good chance to cement a good challenge for 3rd by not winning at home.

We win 2 at home and, for my money, have played some really good fitba and got very little from games, then play well below what we are capable of and win.

We have the league position we deserve at the moment. Poor defending has done us, poor refereeing has not helped at all either but we are where we are.

If and when we finish 3rd there will still be moaning faced articles who have nothing to say but moan. Usually posted missing when the team get good results.

Dry the fuck up.