• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is totally digressing but did anyone read in the paper this week about an irish MP who is going to complain to Alex Salmond about the Rangers fan singing the famine song and supposedly directing it towards a Hamilton player

GET A FUCKING GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

onecityonecolour_hpto.jpg

Just seen the above advert on redweb.

I'm nae sure why so much money is thrown towards the SRTRC initiative in Scotland - I dinnae think it's a problem at the fitba.

And folk are always saying politics should play no part in fitba - but does this promote a political agenda in fitba?

The young lad is taller than Diamond - get him signed  :o

If you listen closely the racists are there. Also in the AFC support.

Then the Tims singing last night "One James McCarthy"

What a fucking embarrassment that pair of utterly demonic organisations are.

Yeh we all know the old firm are embarassing but does the bloody MP have nothing else to concern himself with - fucks sake my MP better not be attending games in another EU country with a view to making a fuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aye, but enough to spend alot of money on it? Why should it be up to fitba?

Is it about encouraging ethnic minorities to the fitba? There's not that many in Aberdeen to encourage, we can't even encourage the indigenous population along.

Sky Sports are guilty of zooming in on ethnic minorities at every opportunity they can in crowd close ups - they'd have a hard job at Pittodrie.

As is well demonstrated in Scottish fitba, fitba can be as divisive as at is inclusive, so why should it be up to fitba to make a stand on an issue?

I've nae got a particular line or agenda - just interested in peoples opinions.

Maybe that's the point though. Maybe the club feel that given the number of ethnic minorities in the city, more should be coming through the gates? It's maybe not so much of a racism issue, more of a PR exercise to attract a more representative crowd to Pittodrie.

And there is racism at Pittodrie if you listen closely enough, just because they're not screaming it doesn't mean it's not happening. We used to sit behind three imbeciles in the South Stand - grown men who really should have known better - who used to make horrific comments about our own black players. There was also another time at a midweek game at Pittodrie, we moved to the back of the South Stand and there was a guy who was with his wife and kids and he was calling Deloumeaux a "Lazy black bastard".  I challenged him about it, and I ended up getting my name taken by the cops. It's a bit hard to kick racism out of football when those who challenge the racists are in danger of getting into trouble themselves.

Is it about encouraging ethnic minorities to the fitba?

I don't think it is, no, and I don't see anything in the 'advert' that suggests that's the point of it, but as many will tell you there's still a minor problem within the game that needs to be stamped out.  And if stamping it out means that more Aberdeen fans will go along to games, then it serves its purpose.

I truly believe that the majority of people that make racist comments aren't necessarily racists in its truest form, in my opinion they're just ignorant and have no clue as to what they're saying, as we've witnessed on here and over on KKK. 

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to say something to someone with regard to a stupid comment they've made, not necessarily at the football, but just in general conversation.  I recently had to get a taxi driver to stop and let me out as she was coming away with some ridiculous things.  You should've seen her face when I told her my name.  ;D

There's still a problem in society, very much a 'them and us' thing.

There's not that many in Aberdeen to encourage.

That's not true.

I think we're much better these days to be honest... it's several years since I've heard a racist comment at either Pittodrie or the City Ground.  Maybe I've just been lucky, but times, and attitudes, have definitely changed.

I remember being at Pittodrie when I was a kid, for a Rangers game, where Mark Walters was getting absolute pelters.  Aberdeen supporters were throwing about actual bananas, and there were monkey chants aplenty(not just a couple of individuals, it was practically the whole stand).  At the time nobody batted an eyelid, everyone in the stand thought it was tremendous banter, it was par for the course back then. 

As I said, attitudes and times change, and certain things become unacceptable - maybe its just because I remember how things used to be, but I don't believe we have much of a problem anymore.

You lot are twats honestly. Pakistanis number one sport is cricket, pakistanis do not play football a lot in great numbers and do not attend football especially in scotland in great numbers, this is not racist it's a fact. I know that's hard for some of you to come to terms with.

edinburgh don your a fucking twat, PC brigade on tour. Would you have said anything if I said Americans don't really like fitba that much? NO, because your a twat, again twat.

You lot are twats honestly. Pakistanis number one sport is cricket, pakistanis do not play football a lot in great numbers and do not attend football especially in scotland in great numbers, this is not racist it's a fact. I know that's hard for some of you to come to terms with.

edinburgh don your a fucking twat, PC brigade on tour. Would you have said anything if I said Americans don't really like fitba that much? NO, because your a twat, again twat.

You trying to call him a twat or something?

Aww you've hurt my feelings now  :

I think it's quite clear who the twat here is...