🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who are you going to see next.......

mizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Damien marley at Somerset house tonight. Absolutely brilliant. Decent crowd as well, not full of knobheads for a change. Find myself getting less tolerant of self righteous idiots at gigs that don't seem to have the understanding of gig etiquette . This had none that I could see anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw Public Service Broadcasting at HMT last night. Strange venue for a gig - but it was great.

IMHO the new album is their best yet. They've stepped up the production values & are now a 7 piece on stage - the first time I saw them there was just 2 of them.

They were great at the Barras a couple of weeks ago. Go, Night Mail and Everest the highlights.  New stuff was good, good set on stage too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice one, that'll be ace.

It was far from ace actually. We left before one hour was up. Depish Mode is how I’ll remember them.

Staggering how they’ve become a big “stadium band”. I never liked them in the 80’s. Always thought the lead singer guy was dodgy. But fuck me his pretentiousness on stage has to be seen to be believed. The first song Going Backwards was rocking. The rest went backwards real quick. Shite band with shite fans, mostly wearing a uniform of black.

Great meal and great company so a fantastic night, despite the 50 minutes of pish. Staggering venue. Just wonderful. Would be nice to see someone half decent perform there.

• 2 months later...

The Streets in April, Sleaford Mods in October, probably a few in between aswell.

Really got lucky last year with the gigs I attended, the 3 best acts I saw were Arcade Fire (mandalay bay LV) Run The Jewels (Brooklyn bowl LV) and Idles at tunnels with about 70 people there, they put on a fantastic gig their deut album was superb too and expect the follow up to be cracking aswell.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Idles were quality over in Vancouver, they just keep getting bigger and better each time I see them, support band Bambara were good too, their singer knows how to perform.  Unfortunately couldn't make it to see Ty Segall but I'm sure I'll get a chance sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to see The Weeknd and Guns N Roses next weekend. Also have tickets for Sam Smith but letting my missus take her friend instead.

Also got tickets for Post Malone but sold them after googling who that was and listening to some of his music. Dreadful stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ink, in New York. Watching TV last night cost me three hunner buck! Ink is a play by James Graham, someone I'd never heard of 24 hours ago. It just so happens to open in NY the month before we are there and is running for a couple of months. I am now going to see what is available of his on iPlayer. Did any of you watch Brexit: The Unvcivili War? I'm sorry I missed it.