Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cunt Speaks: "Deflect, Deflect, Deflect"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bain at it again this time in retaliation to DUFC', decision to charge half price at the gate for thier postponed matchch.  This seems fair to me, a reduced ticket to cover running costs on the night, but bain has taken the line of "poor hard done by". Apparently about 250 tickets have been sold by the dark side out of protest.

A home game against the hun with hardly any filth in attendance? Own goal by the hun, surely?

Bain at it again this time in retaliation to DUFC', decision to charge half price at the gate for thier postponed matchch.  This seems fair to me, a reduced ticket to cover running costs on the night, but bain has taken the line of "poor hard done by". Apparently about 250 tickets have been sold by the dark side out of protest.

A home game against the hun with hardly any filth in attendance? Own goal by the hun, surely?

How true this is I don't know but a Hun in my office reckons Utd put an announcement over the PA system informing fans their ticket stubs would be eligible for the replay.  If this is true (he's a Hun so I'll take it with a mountain of salt) then DUFC are bang out of order.

I doubt very much we'll get the whole truth of the matter but it's hard to see either party coming out of this smelling of roses.

How true this is I don't know but a Hun in my office reckons Utd put an announcement over the PA system informing fans their ticket stubs would be eligible for the replay.  If this is true (he's a Hun so I'll take it with a mountain of salt) then DUFC are bang out of order.

I doubt very much we'll get the whole truth of the matter but it's hard to see either party coming out of this smelling of roses.

Tis true. I was listening to your call the day somebody phoned in complaining about that but the conclusion was that what actually got announced was something like "keep your ticket stubs and listen out for the rearranged date."

So it was obviously implied that they would get entry but not specifically stated and it's at the club's discretion whether to charge or not. Also even if the announcer had specifically said 'free entry' that's just some guy with a mic and not an official advertisment.

Obviously you'd feel hard done by though.

But the tickets are valid for half price entry. I don't really think it'd be fair for United to have to pay for everything again without a small contribution from the fans who will be getting to see a game and a half.

But the tickets are valid for half price entry. I don't really think it'd be fair for United to have to pay for everything again without a small contribution from the fans who will be getting to see a game and a half.

They are now, that's not what they announced at the time though (allegedly).

I'm inclined to agree with BB here, I think DUFC are being rather sly about this.

Whether he meant it sincerely or not Martin Bain got it spot on when he said the fans are being made to suffer here.  Little consideration has been given to them.

Is it not against the trade descriptions act to do this? If I pay for something that is being described as 90 mins as football and I don't get this because of means out of my control am I not allowed a full refund or replacement? Or is it just because its football fans getting fucked over no one cares?

Pretty much. Anyone who was at the game at Parkhead in the mid 90's that was abandoned due to fog right after half time will be able to tell you that what I said in my previous post is correct.  The tims knew the game couldn't go on, but the ref brought the teams out for the second half and two mins later blew for full time.  We all had to pay in again for the "replay".  Had it been abandoned at half time we'd have got in for free.

Is it not against the trade descriptions act to do this? If I pay for something that is being described as 90 mins as football and I don't get this because of means out of my control am I not allowed a full refund or replacement? Or is it just because its football fans getting fucked over no one cares?

Pretty much. Anyone who was at the game at Parkhead in the mid 90's that was abandoned due to fog right after half time will be able to tell you that what I said in my previous post is correct.  The tims knew the game couldn't go on, but the ref brought the teams out for the second half and two mins later blew for full time.  We all had to pay in again for the "replay".  Had it been abandoned at half time we'd have got in for free.

Is that the one where the extra income from the rearranged game is meant to have kept them in business?

I disagree with the fans being made to suffer line.

The reality of the situation is of all the money United made on match day I suspect at least 1/3 possibly more went on policing.

Now suddenly they are supposed to put on the same match for free and cover the policing costs themselves?

I do wonder if rangers went to united and said 'here now, we'll pay half the police costs if you let our fans in to free. I bet they fucking didnt!

And for all the talk of the announcement during the match the only people that seem to be proclaiming they were told  the re-arranged game would be free entry are rangers fans.

These are the same bunch of wankers who claimed they were being victimised because they had to go to Inverness during the christmas period a couple of years back. Do you see up complaining that we have to go to St Mirren on Boxing day? Of did Killie fans kick up a fuss when they had to go to pittodrie on Boxing day 2006?

Only 250 hun fans? well fantastic for united id say. stick them all in the lower tier of the fair play stand and give every other seat to the home supposrt. If this was happening at pittodrie id certainly be making the trip north

As for the trades descrption act argument

This is like people declaring they can return stuff to the shop so long as its within 28days of purchase. This is a myth because each store has their own returns policy which will be validated by the Trades people.

Unless it states very clearly on the back of the ticket 'if the match is abandoned at halftime you are entitled to free entry at the re-arranged game' then you aint got a leg to stand on.

So you don't feel for the fans at all here?

There are plenty Dundee Utd fans on other forums who have stressed their displeasure at being charged money to watch the replayed game.

I doubt Thompson will be jumping through hoops at the thought of only 250 away fans, the revenue OF fixtures bring in are relied upon quite heavily by most clubs (if not all) in the SPL.

I disagree with the fans being made to suffer line.

The reality of the situation is of all the money United made on match day I suspect at least 1/3 possibly more went on policing.

Now suddenly they are supposed to put on the same match for free and cover the policing costs themselves?

I do wonder if rangers went to united and said 'here now, we'll pay half the police costs if you let our fans in to free. I bet they fucking didnt!

And for all the talk of the announcement during the match the only people that seem to be proclaiming they were told  the re-arranged game would be free entry are rangers fans.

These are the same bunch of wankers who claimed they were being victimised because they had to go to Inverness during the christmas period a couple of years back. Do you see up complaining that we have to go to St Mirren on Boxing day? Of did Killie fans kick up a fuss when they had to go to pittodrie on Boxing day 2006?

Only 250 hun fans? well fantastic for united id say. stick them all in the lower tier of the fair play stand and give every other seat to the home supposrt. If this was happening at pittodrie id certainly be making the trip north

As for the trades descrption act argument

This is like people declaring they can return stuff to the shop so long as its within 28days of purchase. This is a myth because each store has their own returns policy which will be validated by the Trades people.

Unless it states very clearly on the back of the ticket 'if the match is abandoned at halftime you are entitled to free entry at the re-arranged game' then you aint got a leg to stand on.

So you don't want United having to pay for the costs of the game but also think it's fantastic there are only 250 monkeys going?

No I dont feel anything for the fans here.

Fans bitch and moan that their clubs are skint and its all 'why wont the board spend any money.

Then suddenly they want the club to spend money that could be going on players, clearing debt etc on putting on a re-arranged match for free.

if the match had been abandoned for something like floodlight failure or some other reason that was within Uniteds control then Id have some sympathy but for them to be forced out of pocket because of torrential rain is not on in my book.

Had the game been at ibrox i seriously doubt rangers would let 50,000 people into the stadium for free. No doubt bain would be posted missing in that situation.

BB - 250 monkeys is £6250 in the coffers. United save cash by not ordering pie & Bovril for 5700people, dont have to open up as many turnstiles and dont need as many cops & stewards. It will be interesting to see if they will allow cash turnstiles on the night but i think that is a no no when it comes to the gruesome twosome.

Would you be saying that if it was the huns asking for more money?

I would yes, I see no reason why United shouldn't charge something reflecting the costs rather than putting on 2 matches for the price of one.

Bain is making an issue of this, much like he has in the past, to make it look like he is defending his much unfairly maligned support. More like he has the cunts on his back as they are in the grubber and are shite. As the thread title says, deflect, deflect, deflect . . . .