Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cunt Speaks: "Deflect, Deflect, Deflect"

bainyv3.jpg

Oh and spot the not so subtle libellous swipe at afc......again:

Martin Bain Statement

IN view of the widespread publicity last night and today regarding Rangers supporters singing the chorus of 'The Famine Song' at matches, the Club believes it right to update supporters and clarify the Club's position.

Prior to our first home match of the season against Hearts, Strathclyde Police informed the Club that, following consultation with the Procurators' Fiscal service, the police were of the view that anyone singing this song risked being arrested and charged with a racial breach of the peace.

The Club passed on this information to supporters' representatives. The Club also approached the police following the recent Old Firm match over a number of issues including violent threats to our staff and fans. The issue of The Famine Song was raised again by the Club and consideration was given to a joint public statement being made to advise supporters that singing 'The Famine Song' would put them at risk of arrest as we had been informed.

The police would not commit to a public statement without further investigation. It is apparent however that the threat of arrest remains.

The club is duty bound to inform supporters they may be subject to arrest as clearly it is in no-one's interests for that to happen. The Club would be utterly irresponsible if it did not advise supporters accordingly.

Clearly some supporters feel aggrieved that a song they believe to be no more than a tit for tat 'wind up' of Celtic supporters should be singled out in this way and merit the attention of police, governments and anti-racism organisations. In recent times, the absence of sanction or attention directed at any other club supports the contention that this is very much a one-way street. This is despite the best efforts of this Club to highlight such issues in constructive discussion with the relevant authorities.

The Club shares supporters' frustration that offensive and wholly unacceptable songs such as those 'celebrating' the Ibrox disasters or inciting death threats to our players are sung by supporters of other clubs on a regular basis with little or no comment or reprimand from any quarter.

The Club also believes that the issue of unacceptable conduct and anti-social behaviour at football matches has at times been used by individuals or groups to pursue their own agendas and there have been instances of this in the recent past.

That said, the Club has a duty to ensure the interests of our supporters are protected. It is not in the interests of any supporter to stand accused of racism or sectarianism or face the prospect of being arrested.

That is why the Club took the view that the interests of our supporters would be best served by refraining from singing The Famine Song.

The Club is wholly committed to acting in the interests of our supporters at all times.

We also remain committed to our long-established policy of not condoning any sectarian, racist or anti-social behaviour.

MARTIN BAIN, Chief Executive

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where's the swipe at AFC?  ???

The Club shares supporters' frustration that offensive and wholly unacceptable songs such as those 'celebrating' the Ibrox disasters or inciting death threats to our players are sung by supporters of other clubs on a regular basis with little or no comment or reprimand from any quarter.

I'd assume the above quote is what glasgow sheep is talking about.  For obvious reasons Bain hasn't actually named AFC

I'd assume the above quote is what glasgow sheep is talking about.  For obvious reasons Bain hasn't actually named AFC

The obvious reason it being bullshit

Is there any songs of the ibrox disaster? Apart from the "who's that...." song that lasts for one line.

There is no Ibrox Disaster song with the line "who's that".  Well not one we have ever sung anyway.  The huns (and a worrying number of our own support) seem to confuse "who's that lying on Pittodrie" [about Ian Durrant], with a song never ever sung and invented by huns starting "who's that lying on the stairwell" [about the Ibrox Disaster]

The Club shares supporters' frustration that offensive and wholly unacceptable songs such as those 'celebrating' the Ibrox disasters

Hun just been on football phone-in going about there being nothing wrong with the famine song and that he understands why people are racist or bigots. WTF?!

He then went onto say that what he finds really distasteful though are the Aberdeen fans who sing about the Ibrox disaster  :hammer: 

I'm fucking sick of them repeatedly making slanderous comments about the Aberdeen fans  >:D

Hun just been on football phone-in going about there being nothing wrong with the famine song and that he understands why people are racist or bigots. WTF?!

He then went onto say that what he finds really distasteful though are the Aberdeen fans who sing about the Ibrox disaster  :hammer: 

I'm fucking sick of them repeatedly making slanderous comments about the Aberdeen fans  >:D

Right, so it's ok to sing and laugh about hundreds of thousands of people dying through starvation, but it's not ok to sing and laugh about 66 huns falling down some stairs and dying? Fucking hun cunt.

numerous.

it's not just aberdeen fans that sing of the ibrox disaster though, so his comment wasn't directed just at us.

edit - that's not condoning the singing of the songs or admitting to singing them!

The only Ibrox disaster songs I've ever heard are ones that I've heard when absolutely pished and nowhere near a football ground. I've never heard these being sung at football grounds

They definately do.

There was even a video on you tube of the tim fans celebrating in a rosemount bar singing an ibrox disaster song i'd never heard before.

Can't find it just now... and maybe not a good idea to post it up on an embedded you tbe video unless we get made guilty by association.

But have they been accused of singing it in the stadium by the press and media?  Or is it ok as they are celtic are sectarian bigots which excuses shite like that?

Who's that lying on the stairwell is a complete myth unless of course you're a hun in which case you make up the words and create you're own song (somebody previously found the lyrics on follow follow). The ID song never gets past a couple folk singing we all agree before they get shouted down or an acceptable song is sung over them.

You are right though, huns are cunts  :thumbsup:

Thank you SS, thats what I thought.

So when are AFC going to step up to the plate and hit the cunts in the national press with a big get to fuck about being dragged in to that dirty debate by the huns?

I still to this day remember the 1990 SCF when 'Oh No Pope' got started and was boooed down after one line by our crowd and the tics responded with an applause and its never been sung since. Not making out to be a tic appologist but it did happen and it was a great moment.

• 3 months later...

Merry Christmas you cunt:

Fire damages Rangers chief's home

A blaze at the home of the Rangers chief executive is not being treated as suspicious, the fire service has said.

Four appliances attended the blaze in the roof of Martin Bain's home in Drymen, Stirlingshire, at 0110 GMT.

About 20 firefighters managed to contain the fire to one section of the detached converted farmhouse.

There were no casualties and no-one had to be rescued in the incident. A club spokesman would not say whether Mr Bain was at home at the time.

A spokesman for Central Scotland Fire and Rescue Service said: "There was nothing suspicious.

"The cause of the fire is now subject to investigation."

I heard the ibrox disaster song and its many different version on the train back on saturday. I'd hoped to never hear them!!  >:D Thankfully they didnt get stuck in my head as no doubt if i was drunk i would start belting it out on the bus home and there would be huns who wouldnt take kindly to it

I heard the ibrox disaster song and its many different version on the train back on saturday. I'd hoped to never hear them!!  >:D Thankfully they didnt get stuck in my head as no doubt if i was drunk i would start belting it out on the bus home and there would be huns who wouldnt take kindly to it

:hammer:

We really could do with binning that shit.  Difficult to take the moral high ground with the Infirm if some fans are still singing about the Ibrox disaster.

• 9 months later...

I see the cunt is back at his best.....speaking utter shite:

Old Firm not chasing exit - Bain

Rangers and Celtic are not actively seeking an exit from Scottish football, according to the man who predicted they will have left within 10 years.

Martin Bain, Rangers' chief executive, had suggested the timescale last week.

He was quizzed again after suggestions that a North Atlantic League involving the Old Firm was again being discussed.

"I wouldn't say that Rangers and Celtic are necessarily pursuing an exit - I think other people are maybe driving the bus," Bain told BBC Scotland.

"And, if Rangers and Celtic are asked if they want to get on that bus, you can only comment when you can see if it's right for the football club - so we'll wait and see.

''We are required to explore any possibilities that may come our way because we have a responsibility to do so for the betterment of the football club and the fan base."

Bain's original comments had come after it was revealed that Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside would raise at the November meeting of the Premier League in England the possibility of a two-tier set-up to include the two Glasgow clubs.

While Celtic appear to prefer that route, Bain had suggested that the North Atlantic one, which could include major clubs from Portugal, Netherlands and Belgium, was the more likely.

Bain does, though, stress that, while Rangers would consider such possibilities, it was important to do everything to maintain the quality of the current Scottish Premier League.

''It's important that we maintain our infrastructure here, keep on top of football here and, if we do that, then something changes, we'd hopefully be invited to a party,'' he said.

However, the president of the Dutch FA has written to assure the Scottish Football Association that he is not driving plans to create a new Atlantic League.

Michael Van Praag had been quoted as saying he would lobby Uefa for a shake-up in the European game, but he claims that this is not the case.

His colleague and director at the Dutch FA, Henk Kessler, expects the subject of cross-border competitions to be raised the European football's governing body next month.

However, he says "at the moment, I don't think anybody is interested" in the idea of an Atlantic League.

"Uefa has started the Europa League, which seems to be quite successful and means more money for smaller clubs," said Kessler.

It had been reported that a number of Dutch clubs, including Feyenoord, were pushing for such an alliance, but they say they are not in favour of creating a North Atlantic League.

''I was angry to read that we were in favour of the idea," said a club spokesman. "In fact, we have no interest in the creation of such a league.''

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8308776.stm

Published: 2009/10/15 11:08:41 GMT