Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See when bebo fouled there keeper and tried to get him back to the feet and there centre half came over and pushed him. Aluko went rushing over, so we had bebo and aluko sticking up for themselves against some mealer journeyman pro. A good captain would be right over there regardless, Seve didnt even seem intereted, prob to much effort to make the 20 yard run. Do you think Anderson would let 2 of the younger members of his team get pushed around by the opposition?  The guy is not captain material. i would have him in the team still as a centre midfielder, not a defender and not a captain.

Just made the mistake of watching the BBC highlights, from where i was sitting on saturday i knew foster should have dealt with the situation before the first goal better but its only watching it close up i realised just how badly he defended. jesus he had numerous chances to clear the ball!

Also it looks like seve actually dived out of the way when Graham took his shot, terrible terrible defending, especially from our (alleged) captain!

Considine was a nightmare for the second as well, which is a shame as he has been looking solid recently

:finger: :finger: :finger:

See when bebo fouled there keeper and tried to get him back to the feet and there centre half came over and pushed him. Aluko went rushing over, so we had bebo and aluko sticking up for themselves against some mealer journeyman pro. A good captain would be right over there regardless, Seve didnt even seem intereted, prob to much effort to make the 20 yard run. Do you think Anderson would let 2 of the younger members of his team get pushed around by the opposition?  The guy is not captain material. i would have him in the team still as a centre midfielder, not a defender and not a captain.

I think that's glaringly obvious for anyone that doesn't have painted on eyes.

In fact someone with painted on eyes could probably point at a better captain, in a room full of Scott Severins and a half chewed Aikens rowie.

Just made the mistake of watching the BBC highlights, from where i was sitting on saturday i knew foster should have dealt with the situation before the first goal better but its only watching it close up i realised just how badly he defended. jesus he had numerous chances to clear the ball!

Not very long highlights, but there was little very action in the game!

Foster has to be dropped after that performance and Hodgkiss brought in, otherwise whats the point of having him here on loan?

Jimmys Monday interview:

On the collapse against Hamilton:

"A lot of it is to do with talking, we are a very quiet team"

On the fans reaction:

"They pay their money and can.......comment if they like, but I dont think it helps anybody"

On Aluko:

"Sometimes he (Aluko) was too quick for our forwards"

On United this weekend:

"United are only one win away from getting their confidence"

Jimmys Monday interview:

On the collapse against Hamilton:

"A lot of it is to do with talking, we are a very quiet team"

So why continue to have Severin as captain ?

The guy does not communicate with fellow team mates on the pitch and cannot be relied upon to gee up the team.

So why continue to have Severin as captain ?

The guy does not communicate with fellow team mates on the pitch and cannot be relied upon to gee up the team.

Because there is nobody else to do the job. Zander is the only other possible candidate but he is still to prone to allowing the red mist take control.

Because there is nobody else to do the job. Zander is the only other possible candidate but he is still to prone to allowing the red mist take control.

I'd rather have an inspiring captain with a bit of fire in his belly than a wimp and poor motivator.

Anderson was the only exception... a quiet captain, perhaps too quiet at times but he led by example.

The additional responsibility might even be enough for Zander to keep in control.

I'd rather have an inspiring captain with a bit of fire in his belly than a wimp and poor motivator.

Anderson was the only exception... a quiet captain, perhaps too quiet at times but he led by example.

The additional responsibility might even be enough for Zander to keep in control.

Last year and a half in the job i thought russel really came into his own, was a lot more verbal and a real leader on the park

Has to get in the team first. The start of this season has shown that Zander is not an automatic pick, which you'd like to think your captain would be. I don't disagree that he'd be a more vocal captain than Severin, however.

My tuppence worth, Zander should be starting for us.

I thought he was the best centre half at the club? When fit, he should be a first pick. I cannot understand Calderwood not starting him when fit.

Add to that "form" players. I hadn't seen any of his performances but I was led to believe that Lee Mair had come on to a game of late and he is nowhere.

Aside from all of that we have the Severin conundrum. This is really eating my tits.

When things have gone pear shaped Seve CAN be played as a centre mid can he?

Jimmy, FFS, get a fucking grip. Saturday was a total JHakki Brambles and no amount of greeting about our team being a group of shrinking violets will hide the absolute abortion of a set up in the second half against Hamilton. That is your look out and no-one elses.

I'd start Zander too, every week. When he's on his game he's probably as influential as anyone. I am a tad concerned though that perhaps the reason he's on the bench is that his injury hasn't cleared up as expected/hoped. After the amount of fucking around last season with the centre half pairings, I'd hoped he'd learned his lesson to keep things as steady as possible, but obviously not.

I'd start Zander too, every week. When he's on his game he's probably as influential as anyone. I am a tad concerned though that perhaps the reason he's on the bench is that his injury hasn't cleared up as expected/hoped. After the amount of fucking around last season with the centre half pairings, I'd hoped he'd learned his lesson to keep things as steady as possible, but obviously not.

That is arguably what he is trying to do considering he started with Considine and Severin due to Zander being out injured.

Did he not drop Mair at the weekend after praising his performances? I can see your point, but if Mair and Considine were playing well together why change it? Just because it's perhaps not the pairing he or any of us would have envisaged being successful, doesn't mean it shouldn't be given an extended run - one which would have been deserved, too.

Did he not drop Mair at the weekend after praising his performances? I can see your point, but if Mair and Considine were playing well together why change it? Just because it's perhaps not the pairing he or any of us would have envisaged being successful, doesn't mean it shouldn't be given an extended run - one which would have been deserved, too.

I quite agree, from all accounts mair and considine seemed to not only be on good form but have a good understanding together.  I can understand why JC would want to bring his captain back in to the side but in hindsight he should have gone into midfield