Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

What is the problem with playing for Aberdeen at Pittodrie? Three home games that we expected to win (yes, even Rangers), and we only take one point?

I know JC has been banging on about the newer players not realising the pressure and expectation that comes with playing for Aberdeen, but it's no secret that we expect home wins against ICT and Hamilton, and they aren't delivering. If they don't pull their socks up and get a win in their next home game, then they can all fuck off. This is not acceptable for Aberdeen Football Club.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back in after leaving my flat over 12hours ago, and for what? Absolute disgrace of a performance with no shape or substance. Were in it for the fisrt and last 10mins, otherwise hamilton were well worth their victory.

Foster a real shambles in the corner leading to the first goal and leaving Considine exposed (didnt really see it at the far end) leading to the 2nd.

How the fuck was McDonald voted man of the match?? Too much corporate hospitality me thinks!!

Official attendance: 10865 - I doubt very much if that was the actual figure as the ground was empty.

On a positive note, the new macaroni pies were fucking excellent, I went back for a second  ;D

A very good idea from the club. Hopefully the team will turn it on as well and encourage some of the younger lads (and lassies) to keep following their local team and not be swayed by the English Premier League or those two clubs in Glasgow.

Seemed an excellent idea when announced, but the "performance" today is definitely not going to have them rushing back to Pittodrie  :hammer:

We (Globe Reds) usually end up singing lots on the train home, win or lose. Tonight we could only muster a few renditions of "We're shite and we know we are".

And we were shite today, well after the first 10/15 mins as others have said. We did not deserve any points today and are fortunate the score wasn't worse.

The crowd for arabs game will definitely be under 10000

Shocking performance today! Less than 3 shots on target the whole game at home is very poor. What was the subs about JC simply doesn't have a clue, the worst player on the park for me was Foster and he still got a whole game.  :hammer:  :hammer:

We should not be getting beat from Hamilton at home but they deserved all 3 points today. Very poor Aberdeen and it won't make me rush to get to another game.  :-[

Seemed an excellent idea when announced, but the "performance" today is definitely not going to have them rushing back to Pittodrie  :hammer:

We (Globe Reds) usually end up singing lots on the train home, win or lose. Tonight we could only muster a few renditions of "We're shite and we know we are".

And we were shite today, well after the first 10/15 mins as others have said. We did not deserve any points today and are fortunate the score wasn't worse.

The crowd for arabs game will definitely be under 10000

Fantastic.

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood was baffled by his team's failure to build on their seventh-minute lead.

Other than McDonald's first goal since his summer move from Oldham and Sone Aluko's bright second debut following his permanent switch from Birmingham, Aberdeen had little to smile about.

Calderwood bemoaned Richard Foster's decision to try to usher the ball out of play, which led to McCarthy's cross ahead of Graham's equaliser, and how the teenager was able to brush off Andrew Considine to net the winner.

"We got the goal and stopped playing," he said. "We stopped playing at pace and sat off them for some reason. And when you lose goals like the ones we gave away... We have been defending so well too.

"Then you have got to chase the game and nothing goes for you. It's very frustrating - we seemed to lose our shape and for some reason our confidence.

"I've said before about the pressure and expectation levels here. They have just got to handle it. We are learning a lot about the players in the circumstances."

Sorry for thinking we should see a decent performance and a victory against Hamilton Jimmy  ::)

There are very few things in life as certain as Aberdeen losing when:

• They are on tv.
  • There is cheaper tickets to entice fans back.
  • We are playing the team that was recently promoted to the SPL.
  • When we're looking like we've finally turned the corner, put in a decent performance and we've a chance to go ahead with a couple 'easy' games.

• They are on tv.
  • When we're looking like we've finally turned the corner, put in a decent performance and we've a chance to go ahead with a couple 'easy' games.

As ever, typical Aberdeen.

When we went 1-0 up and the RDS started doing the 'easy' chant  >:D, I said to my mate: "that'll be us throwing away the lead then..."

Next time it happens I'll be leaving the stadium because I'll know exactly what to expect!

• They are on tv.

To add to that:

• When it's Saturday
  • When they are playing at Pittodrie

i thought yesterdays "performance" was far worse than the one against the mighty caley. Their keeper had fuck all to do but pick the ball out of the net. His kicking was diabolical, each time he kicked out from the right of his box it went out for a throw or their player scrambled across to keep it in. Not once did one of our players gamble in winning one of these kicks when it looked to be staying in play.

The passing was terrible at times with no clear pattern of play at all.

Langfield- Nowt to do other than pick the ball out the net twice, possibly could've done better for the 2nd.

Seve- The captain of this side but i never seen any emotion from him. No desire to take the game by the scruff of the neck when put into midfield with 30 mins of play left. :hammer:

Considine- Out muscled for the 2nd.

Foster- Posted missing for the 1st.

Mulgrew- Shocking freekicks and corners, exposed a number of times down his side.

Young- Did very little.

McDonald- Scored. Looked to be linking up well with Miller when coming from deep.

Kerr- Tidied up here and there. One shocking free kick late on!! :o

Aluko- Some nice touches. His tracking back is absymal though.

Miller- Workrate was poor today. Good assist for the goal.

Mackie- Missed a decent chance just before ht  :hammer:

Can see some changes coming for sat. The way he's happy to drop De Visscher like a hot tattie he's got no excuse for not doing the same with Young. In doing so he should be replaced by De Visscher as he can be a big player for us when the rest of the team turn up. His crossing is far better and his link up play with the strikers is good while he can put in some decent corners also.

Can see some changes coming for sat. The way he's happy to drop De Visscher like a hot tattie he's got no excuse for not doing the same with Young. In doing so he should be replaced by De Visscher as he can be a big player for us when the rest of the team turn up. His crossing is far better and his link up play with the strikers is good while he can put in some decent corners also.

I agree with you about JDV. The guy can actually play football. He's not the fast, tricky winger that JC had led us to believe he was, but the guy knows how to use the ball, unfortunately his colleagues aren't fucking bright enough a lot of the time to use him properly.

JC won't drop any of his favourites for Saturday's game, he'll probably just criticise them in the papers and call them sloppy, then pick the same team and get the same results.

I agree with you about JDV. The guy can actually play football. He's not the fast, tricky winger that JC had led us to believe he was, but the guy knows how to use the ball, unfortunately his colleagues aren't fucking bright enough a lot of the time to use him properly.

I'm sick to death of these Dutch signings and I'm convinced we're not being told the whole truth behind them.

On the rare occassions they're ever fit enough or not injured then they hardly get 2 games back to back regardless of how they performed.

Fans are right to rage at result

Jeers instead of cheers after Accies battle back for victory

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 15/09/2008

THE Dons won’t have to worry about playing in front of a large hostile home crowd for too much longer if they keep this up.

The Red Army raged at them at the end of this shocker.

They will stop coming if they don’t start winning more at home, starting when Dundee United visit this coming weekend.

Accies hadn't won at Pittodrie for close to 80 years and have a squad built on a shoe-string budget that makes Jimmy Calderwood appear as rich as Manchester City's manager in comparison.

They should not have been able to outplay the Dons for long spells.

The Sone Aluko factor had Aberdeen flying in the early stages and it looked as if they were going to romp it.

But the Dons gradually allowed Accies to take control.

They also gifted them goals with the sort of defending you expect to see from schoolboys on a Saturday morning.

At least Aluko was a delight to watch as he teased and tormented poor Accies full-back Simon Mensing out on the left.

It was like a racing thoroughbred being chased by Shire horse.

Aluko left Mensing for dead as early as the first minute and Mackie really shouldn’t have missed his excellent cross.

A Mensing foul on Aluko led to Aberdeen’s goal.

Charlie Mulgrew's cross from the free-kick was only half cleared into the path of Scott Severin. The Dons skipper's chip back into the area was laid off by Lee Miller and Gary McDONALD claimed his first goal for the Dons with a low 14-yard shot that Accies keeper Tomas Cerny deflected on to the inside of his right post but couldn't keep out.

Like everyone else inside the stadium, I expected to see the Dons spend the remaining 83 minutes giving Accies a battering.

Instead they gradually starved Aluko of the ball, began to retreat deeper into defence and eventually paid the price.

Richard Foster takes the blame for the equaliser.

He should have hoofed the ball behind for a corner when he got in ahead of Brian Easton on the wing, near the Dons’ byline.

Foster didn't, Easton managed to smuggle in a cross and the ball eventually dropped for David GRAHAM to blast a spectacular and unstoppable 16-yard volley past Jamie Langfield.

A cracking goal, but it was all so unnecessary.

Accies' winner was worse from and Aberdeen point of view.

Richard Offiong's nod forward to the edge of the Dons area should have been easy meat for big Andrew Considine but he was muscled out of the way by Accies' teenage substitute James McCARTHY and he did well to clip the ball over the advancing Langfield.

The Dons still had more than half and hour to save themselves, but never looked up to the task. Given that they spent most of that time pumping high balls towards the Accies defence I was surprised Tommy Wright wasn’t put into the mix.

The nearest they got to scoring was when Aluko clipped the top of the crossbar with a free-kick with four minutes to go, but the Dons were poor and deserved to lose.