Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Are we chasing the right calibre of player now?

Guest Donslegend
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest At The Border Guy

I think we're doing quite well as far as freebies go.  I'll wait and judge when I see who else is on our radar though.

Guest balgownieblizzards

Considering we have been linked with another dutch amateur i'm not so sure. Jackie McNamara maybe, but a 26 year old playing for a dutch amateur C class side?

26 Year old Robert Fik plays for amateur C class side WKE of Emmen.

Guest Donslegend

I would never have thought that severin and smith would join aberdeen but they did, these players are players that i thought were out our price range.  Dempsey, winter and donald are going in summer therefore we need squad players capable of filling their roles as we have an established first team or near enough.  If an amatuer can come in and do well for us then i don't see the problem e.g how many times did donald or winter play for us this season? therefore it makes no sense forking out a shit load of wages on a player that doesn't improve our first team.  Now with that in mind i expect bigger signings this summer of course i do, who wouldn't?  The fact is our wage and transfer budget doesn't cover ''big'' signings therefore we have to look at alternatives to maximise our operating costs.  We have a massive debt and unless we cost cut or get investment then that will just stay there and linger or increase.  We have got a major investment coming our way and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the papers yet, but we have to be careful we don't rock the boat and spoil what hard work has been done so far.  Spending outrageously will damage the club long term, therefore we need to utilise all operations within the club to a sustainable level.  I like you and everyone else want to see great players at the club but we have to be realistic and i'd rather see hearts blow money away than us trying to chase the old firm.  Our best option would be to get milne to invest in a youth development plan and training facilities, that is our best chance at operating in todays market without killing the club with overpaid underachieving players like in recent times.

I would never have thought that severin and smith would join aberdeen but they did, these players are players that i thought were out our price range.  Dempsey, winter and donald are going in summer therefore we need squad players capable of filling their roles as we have an established first team or near enough.  If an amatuer can come in and do well for us then i don't see the problem e.g how many times did donald or winter play for us this season? therefore it makes no sense forking out a shit load of wages on a player that doesn't improve our first team. 

We'll never, ever improve if that's the view of those in charge at Aberdeen. Winter and Donald were squad players who hardly played cos they werent good enough. "We have an established first team"... if we don't have players breathing down these guys necks they become complacent. Complacency should not be welcomed.

Guest Donslegend

No but what you are saying is right however we aren't able to get the players because of budget restrictions therefore we have to look at alternatives, have you seen this lad the amateur play yet?  Just because a player isn't signed to a big club doesn't mean they are crap.  More than likely it does right enough but some may have chosen amateur football because of their circumstances, however unlikely.  So if the boy does sign and becomes a cult hero then its justified.  I trust JC and although he has made mistakes in the past i believe he will not do us wrong, i just hope he's around long enough for the investment coming to get organised. 

I would never have thought that severin and smith would join aberdeen but they did, these players are players that i thought were out our price range.  Dempsey, winter and donald are going in summer therefore we need squad players capable of filling their roles as we have an established first team or near enough.  If an amatuer can come in and do well for us then i don't see the problem e.g how many times did donald or winter play for us this season? therefore it makes no sense forking out a shit load of wages on a player that doesn't improve our first team. 

We'll never, ever improve if that's the view of those in charge at Aberdeen. Winter and Donald were squad players who hardly played cos they werent good enough. "We have an established first team"... if we don't have players breathing down these guys necks they become complacent. Complacency should not be welcomed.

Guest Donslegend

What about daal it could be argued he never got a fair crack here, then went to scumdee and scored what was it 6 in 7 games?  did better than some of the so called established strikers in that divison.

What about daal it could be argued he never got a fair crack here, then went to scumdee and scored what was it 6 in 7 games?  did better than some of the so called established strikers in that divison.

Yeah, exactly. So we'll never know if he was good enough for us or not.  All if's and but's there, im afraid.

No but what you are saying is right however we aren't able to get the players because of budget restrictions therefore we have to look at alternatives, have you seen this lad the amateur play yet?  Just because a player isn't signed to a big club doesn't mean they are crap.  More than likely it does right enough but some may have chosen amateur football because of their circumstances, however unlikely.  So if the boy does sign and becomes a cult hero then its justified.  I trust JC and although he has made mistakes in the past i believe he will not do us wrong, i just hope he's around long enough for the investment coming to get organised. 

I would wager my right nut that he's not good enough.

Guest Red Dragon

Donslegend - " We have got a major investment coming our way and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the papers yet, but we have to be careful we don't rock the boat and spoil what hard work has been done so far."

What's this "major investment coming out way"????????

Heard zip about anything like that, I'm intrigued....pray tell..........

Donslegend - " We have got a major investment coming our way and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the papers yet, but we have to be careful we don't rock the boat and spoil what hard work has been done so far."

To quote those aweful Japanese wrestling duo Kaentai ... INDEEEEEEEEEED! What is this investment you speak of, Red Dragon.

Mad Vlad is expanding northwards!! :D :D :D

Mad Vlad is expanding northwards!! :D :D :D

Fuckin hope not!! I see he's bought the old Royal Bank of Scotland building in Edinburgh and plans to open a branch of the Ukios Bank. How the hell does he think he's gonna run a profit on that bank? The only people who'll bank there will be Hearts fans ... and they're all minkers.

I was at an awards dinner last night (yeah, woo woo, check me out) and I have been bet 50 quid by a journalist for a well known national newspaper that next season Nevio Scala will be in charge and (here is the kicker) he will have 12M to spend. Now usually I would be suspect over betting with journalists, but this was a Jambo's heart ruling his head...

Guest jimmythered74

well i just hope we get a decent goalkeeper before the new season !!! or we will be like the huns and out of europe by xmas